our stock bulbs dimmer than 04tls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Money is funny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
our stock bulbs dimmer than 04tls?

So I had an 04 loaner recently and I must say, one thing that really stood out to me was the clarity and brightnes of the light with the projectors. Now, i know that with prohectors you get a little more clarity, but it seems as if my bulbs on my 2000 TLP seem a little paler in intensity than the projectors. I know that the cutoff makes it seem more intense, but I thought that the beam pattern was at least supposed to be the same color at 4300k where there IS light. Now I have two questions...number one, does that just mean that my stock bulbs are going out and the ones in the 04TL were just new? So if i replace the bulbs in my car, the intensity will go back up to as intense white as the 04? And also, if it doesn't and the only way to get that intensity is by getting projectors, does anyone here happen to know the company/site that retrofits projectors into your headlights? I really want that intensity, and i don't mind getting projectors if that's what it takes, even if it does look a little weirder...
Old 05-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
there's no company that retrofits projectors into our cars or make one that we can DIY.. that's why most of us are trying to retrofit projectors.

what we use are reflectors (d2r), which basicly shoots backwards into the headlamp and shoots it back out using a diffuser.. the projectors (d2s) just shoots straight out through a piece of rounded glass and basicly gives a straight forward shine and intensity.. also better spread throughout the ground, so it lights things alot clearer and nicer.

you could search around these boards to find more information and people that did this project by themselves and maybe you can come up with an idea.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Money is funny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm...I could have sworn that once I accidentally found a site that did do it...I rmember their project car for display was a yellow MR2 spyder that had a reall nice retrofit job...as for DIY or anyone who has experience with it, anyhelp? I know bobatimez did it for his...are you still on here?