OT: Any car audio / security installers here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 01:22 AM

Question OT: Any car audio / security installers here?

Ok if anyone is out there:

I need some help.
Im planning on installing a keyless entry system in a 1995 Mercedes C220 - my new toy btw. I still have the Acura though. From searching the web it seems that all the wires needed can be found in the trunk underneath the plastic panel in front of the spare tire.

Now, what I need to know is, what wires lock / unlock the car. I know that it is a vaccum lock system, and the length of the pulse has to be extended.

Also when you hold the key in the lock postion for a few seconds, the car rolls up any open windows and the sunroof, any way to access this feature using an auxillary channel on the remote?

Thanks for your help,
Best wishes and take care,
George Androulakis
Old 05-27-2001, 02:22 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Driver or passenger side kick panel BLACK (-) is the LOCK wire

Negative trigger door lock pump is in the trunk and is BLUE (-) and is the UNLOCK wire

As for the window roll up, sure you can use a 3rd channel on the aftermarket remote to trigger it, but you usually need to use a relay setup or module to do this.
Old 05-28-2001, 04:44 AM

Thanks alot for the info.

Here is the situation with the window roll up. If you hold the lock turned to the lock position after it locks, it will roll up any open windows and close the sunroof.

Im assuming that accessing this via remote would just be applying (-) 12V to the lock wire for a longer period of time. Am I on the right track?
Also, I would need to isolate the inputs to the lock wire from the two different channels with diodes. Now just as a refresher since it has been a lil while, which side does the stripe go on? the source side, or the output side.

Now, are there relays or modules that would apply a current for a specific period of time, ie the time required to close the windows / roof, hopefully it will be adjustable to different time increments, as I dont know exactly how long it would take yet. I can time it if that's an issue though.

Thanks for all the help,
George Androulakis