opion....should i b*tch bout this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 06:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opion....should i b*tch bout this?

ok....
i went to get my tv (27"...so fit in the back seat) fixed from this local place that was recommended to me by a stereo shop....

but anyways, i went today to pick it up and the dork who put it into my back seat totally scratched the rubber lining on the interior of the car....like scratched it deep and at least 5 inches long...

the piece i'm talking about isn't the black rubber lining but the part that starts from the B panel (where the seat belt hides into) up and around and down to the bottom of the rear seat...
it's the same color as your interior....

but yeah....so i was really pissed and was like "Frick...can't even get that fixed....doh" ... and the guy didn't even apologize...he just wiped it thinking it was nothing ... even though i made it clear i was pissed cuz i slammed my door and heaved a heavy sigh....

i know...this is really really petty...and my car is a little old now (99) ... but i still think that fat punk shoulda apologized at the VERY least....

so my thing is...should i get an estimate and get them to fork over the money to fix it? And if they did fork the money over, i'd really get it fixed....i'm not like those shiesty people who ask for money and pocket it....but i'd really fix it then....but otherwise...i don't think i would.....!? what do you think? should i just brush it off and be like whatevs....or ask for some retribution?
Old 12-06-2001, 06:21 PM
Burning Brakes

doesn't hurt to ask, but I don't think you will get anything out of them. But you might be lucky.
Old 12-06-2001, 06:40 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
never try never know........
Old 12-06-2001, 07:14 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt he will fork over any money. But you can try..but I'm afraid it'll raise to more then just verbal words..if you know what I mean.... :p
Old 12-06-2001, 10:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

how much did you pay for the tv?
is it a big retail shop or a mom and pop shop?

it seems to be bothering you, so i say go give it a try. but dont go in the shop in a calm mood. show them a physical version of the post you just made

try getting your salesman to see if he can help. you can even go as far as returning the tv

its good to see people still care about their 99 tls
Old 12-06-2001, 11:29 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mr tl

its good to see people still care about their 99 tls
HELL YEA!!! I love my 99 TL.

BTW, it never hurts to ask. But you should've done it right there and then when it happened. Because if you go back now, that guy might be acting like he doesn't know what you're talking about. Anyways, good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

of course i care for my baby!!! first car i ever owned...
but yeah....i talked with the manager today and he said he'll take a look at the car and see what he can work out....
it's a mom and pop shop...the manager is a really legit guy but one of the workers was just a real....ugh.... you know?

really, if he just said "mah bad" or sorry i'd been cool about it but if he's gonna be rude and brush me off cuz i'm young, then i'll go after him i suppose... sigh... rude people just upset me...

thanks for listening guys....and i'll take care of my car till the car dies and can't take my abuse no mo!!!!
Old 12-07-2001, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Serves you right for using your TL to transport your TV around! That's what beater cars and trucks are for!

j/k...

FWIW--I picked up a Sony Wega 36XBR450 from Costco last week (for those of you who've seen this TV, you know how big and heavy it is in the box); the sucker fit easily in my Tahoe (had to fold the rear seats).

Seriously, yeah it sucks that people can be so careless when it comes to loading items into a vehicle--they act like it's no big deal and therefore feel that they don't need to be apologetic about it.

Tony
Old 12-07-2001, 06:33 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I would be pissed and make them pay for it, however I am very anal.