OEM Bra Will Fit TL-S w/ Bodykit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 10:10 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool OEM Bra Will Fit TL-S w/ Bodykit!!!

They said it couldn't be done........Well I did it. With some slight modifications you can make the OEM bra fit on a TL-S w/ a body kit. It looks great. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back from work, but I'll try to explain the procedure first. As you all know the front part of the bodykit extends down and out further than the stock setup. This makes it impossible to use the provided anchors that come on the stock bra. The bra won't stretch that far. After letting the bra sit out in the sun for about 20 mins to allow it to soften up and become more stretchable I placed the bra on the car, measured where I would need to attach new stretchable straps w/ hooks and marked it. I just happened to have an old bra from another vehicle that I don't use anymore, so I took 6 of the old straps off of that one. With the new straps in hand I had a friend sew the new straps on for me, making sure that the stitching was strong enough to withstand the tension. Now comes the good part.... I took the bra hame and installed it. Looks like it was made for the kit! The lower section of the bottom piece is is the only part that is really the issue on this bra. If you hook the supplied hooks on the lower middle portion of the bra on to the spoiler itself, right under the lip along the top middle, by lifting it up slightly and sliding the hooks in there is no need to stretch that part at all. And with the new hooks that I installed the side parts stretch enough to fit very nicely. I am very pleased. I'll post pics soon.
Now I can drive on these crappy SO. Cal freeways without getting chips and take the bra off on weekends to show my chip free front end. Some people don't like car bras, but it protects from chips and you can take it on and off.

I also finished all my stereo mods this week. Now I have good tunes.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I did this on my car too. I used bungee cords and connected them to wherever I could such as the tow hitch in the front underneath the car. I also had to burn a hole through one of the clips for the bungee hook to go through. Be carful though. When I put mine on, I usually put something underneath the hooks like tape so it doesn't scratch the paint.

Rosh
Old 08-08-2002, 11:29 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i wont do it, maybe thats why my front bumper is chipped, but i wouldnt mind seeing how it looks. We need pics please.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

did you post the pictures yet?
Old 01-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

walker29 are you there?

i tried pm too but no answer.