not much of a kill.. but fun anyways

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not much of a kill.. but fun anyways

last night i was heading home from orange county to LA, and was on the 5. it was getting late... hahah.. 930pm. i had to be in the office by 730 this morning. anyways.. so i was hauling a$$. then right where the 605 connector to the 5 is, there was some saturn... hahah. i dont even know the model name... and a 98 4-door accord i guess you can call it racing eachother. so they were behind me for a while. i was just going about my own business.. and they decide to try and catch me. im sure they were going well over 85 to catch me.. since i was going about that already. the two come on each side of me .... slow down. then take off. Im sorry, but i was laughing my a$$ off. just too funny. not so much the accord... well.. him too, but the saturn. ahaha. anyways, i guess they assumed i was racing them cause i was going about 85. and the saturn.. the little $hit decides to cut me off. so he cuts me off to get into the right lane and they try to take off. hahaha, then the left lane opens up... i drop to 3rd and then i never saw them again. morons.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro

Re: not much of a kill.. but fun anyways

Originally posted by chrism7855
last night i was heading home from orange county to LA, and was on the 5. it was getting late... hahah.. 930pm. i had to be in the office by 730 this morning. anyways.. so i was hauling a$$. then right where the 605 connector to the 5 is, there was some saturn... hahah. i dont even know the model name... and a 98 4-door accord i guess you can call it racing eachother. so they were behind me for a while. i was just going about my own business.. and they decide to try and catch me. im sure they were going well over 85 to catch me.. since i was going about that already. the two come on each side of me .... slow down. then take off. Im sorry, but i was laughing my a$$ off. just too funny. not so much the accord... well.. him too, but the saturn. ahaha. anyways, i guess they assumed i was racing them cause i was going about 85. and the saturn.. the little $hit decides to cut me off. so he cuts me off to get into the right lane and they try to take off. hahaha, then the left lane opens up... i drop to 3rd and then i never saw them again. morons.
hehe, nice...um...kill. Sometimes cars like that don't really want to race. They just like to see how nice cars take off that's all. One time I saw this nice Farrari F355 on the Kennedy so I pulled up next to him revving my engine a bit and then watch him take off while I eat his dust. I know I don't have a chance against him, but just like to see how fast it can dissappear in front of me. But I would never cut someone off like what the Saturn did to you though.

axleback
Old 05-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah, there's no excuse for unsafe driving or maneuvering like that. I'm glad you put him in his place.

I will say, though, that Saturn performance is generally underrated (this coming from a guy who owned 4 Saturn coupes before moving into the Acura family). Driven properly, that little 4-banger actually pulls decently, but where the car really shines is in cornering. At least back in '91 the magazines were reporting .89 on the skidpad! I think that Saturn styling and customer service have gone to the dogs and I'm not saying that in any way it can compare to or race with a TL-S, but just don't dog 'em too hard, okay?
Old 05-01-2002, 02:12 PM
USMC Butterbars

I saw a silver nsx on the palisades parkway in jersey....i tried to keep up but that guy just disappeared into the sunset....sucha sweeeeeet car...where i live....nsx are kinda rare....see one every month or so.....ferrari...is like once a week....lamboughini once in a blue moon....damn these cars are sweeet...everytime i try to catch up and check out their ride they think i wanna race'em so they just jet off....o wellz....
Old 05-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Racer

Originally posted by shimbo519
I saw a silver nsx on the palisades parkway in jersey....i tried to keep up but that guy just disappeared into the sunset....sucha sweeeeeet car...where i live....nsx are kinda rare....see one every month or so.....ferrari...is like once a week....lamboughini once in a blue moon....damn these cars are sweeet...everytime i try to catch up and check out their ride they think i wanna race'em so they just jet off....o wellz....
Haha, I had a chance to drive my friend's '93 NSX a couple months ago, and after that, I don't f*uck around with NSXs. That car is just too damn fast for TL-S, and the way it handles is simply off the hook.