Next mod Pulley or cold air intake? help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Show me da MONEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seattle dale
muffaburn, you have a pic somewhere of your ride would like to see it. did you lower your car yourself, want to know how to do that mod. luv the lowered look.
By popular demand and three days later, check out the new photos in the gallery
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/jenna-jamison-true-hollywood-story-now-110676/
Old 03-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by muffaburn
FYI: Excelerate is now selling over at V6p
figures, i'm too late, mine arrived today. could send a pic, but i don't think a pic of a ur pulley would be too exciting. Oh well. i'm happy. its a bute. feel like diving under my car right now & installing it, although my belts haven't arrived yet. Love your car muff. thanks for finally sending out the pics. in case you haven't seen a pic of my ride here it is. later. http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=939&pid=24506
http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=939&pid=24505

here is a pic of mine & the wifes 2000 tl-p http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=939&pid=24502
Old 03-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MemRheins
As I tell my mom...

"What are you doing under that car again ?"

"Just Changing the Oil.... "
what shell never know wont hurt her
don't think that would work with my wife. She was born @ night, but, not last night!! good thought though!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Show me da MONEY

Dale,
Excelerate told me you don't need new belts just for the crank pulley. I have heard different, what about you. Nice rides by the way. Also, I beat you in price $175 shipped, hehehehe....but as you know I still can't get it yet (you know why )
Old 03-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Show me da MONEY

I'm jealous of you and your wife's car
1. TL-s
2. OEM kit
3. Chrome OEM wheels
Old 03-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Drifting

Dale,
Excelerate told me you don't need new belts just for the crank pulley. I have heard different, what about you. Nice rides by the way. Also, I beat you in price $175 shipped, hehehehe....but as you know I still can't get it yet (you know why )
Bitches!!!?......... come on you told me you were a sneaky bastard. i was told we needed two new belts, so i ordered them. at least they were cheap. i did the right thing & tried to get hold of excelerate, but had no luck. all that i know while your begging your wife. I'll have mine installed. I'll let you know how it is!? Hehehehehehehehehehe.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Drifting

today at lunch i was kinda checking out my crank pulley placement in the car. i noticed on the wheel housing shroud there is like a perferation cut out right in line with the pulley nut. does anyone know if that is designed with the pulley nut in mind. use this port with an extention on my impact wrench. does anyone know why that is there on the wheel well? if that is what it is for i might just go for the install myself. Watch ya think? Does anyone know? check out your wheel wells & tell me what you think.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Show me da MONEY

today at lunch i was kinda checking out my crank pulley placement in the car. i noticed on the wheel housing shroud there is like a perferation cut out right in line with the pulley nut. does anyone know if that is designed with the pulley nut in mind. use this port with an extention on my impact wrench. does anyone know why that is there on the wheel well? if that is what it is for i might just go for the install myself. Watch ya think? Does anyone know? check out your wheel wells & tell me what you think.
One of these three members should know
1. chuckstl
2. fsttyms1
3. mrsteve

I am a sneaky bastard, but did you forget about my damn speeding ticket
Old 03-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Drifting

One of these three members should know
1. chuckstl
2. fsttyms1
3. mrsteve

I am a sneaky bastard, but did you forget about my damn speeding ticket
no excuse, get the friggin pulley!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Bitches!!!?......... come on you told me you were a sneaky bastard. i was told we needed two new belts, so i ordered them. at least they were cheap. i did the right thing & tried to get hold of excelerate, but had no luck. all that i know while your begging your wife. I'll have mine installed. I'll let you know how it is!? Hehehehehehehehehehe.
You got the UR crank pulley instructions (if you don't you can download it from UR's website)? It clearly states that they recommend the Gates belt, and gives you the belt part number. No where on this instruction does it say you can reuse your OEM belt. But if you *really* want clarification, contact UR directly via e-mail. They usually respond within 48 hrs after you send an e-mail to them. IMHO, stick with the recommended belts that UR tells you. You're only going to set yourself up for grief if you don't follow instructions.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
speeded when needed

I had my local mech do the install on my UR pully set and when I got the old parts back I received three old pullies and old belts and was told the belts had to be changed because the new pully set are a different size and OEM belts are not going to fit, I didn't really question this as I knew that I needed new belts anyway, hope this helps, good luck with the install
Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Shop in Seattle

Dale.

Call me and I can give you the number and name of a great shop in Kirkland.

I have the Comptech Icebox, UR Pulley, H&R OE Springs and the Megan Header(in the garage, ready to be installed).

I have some great hookups who will take care of you and will also give you a really nice price along with great guarantee of their work.

My number is 206-227-9376.
Peace
Bryan
Old 03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Talking

Originally Posted by patrick
You got the UR crank pulley instructions (if you don't you can download it from UR's website)? It clearly states that they recommend the Gates belt, and gives you the belt part number. No where on this instruction does it say you can reuse your OEM belt. But if you *really* want clarification, contact UR directly via e-mail. They usually respond within 48 hrs after you send an e-mail to them. IMHO, stick with the recommended belts that UR tells you. You're only going to set yourself up for grief if you don't follow instructions.
ya i read my instructions. my belts arrived today & i did order the right ones. think i'm going to go for it. i brought home a set of 3-arm pullers from our shop today. Think i'm going to put that baby on the ramps & give it a go. No guts no glory. i want to try to keep my mods all self done. Plus i'll save myself $100.00 bucks & apply that to my icebox.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ya i read my instructions...Think i'm going to put that baby on the ramps...
Since you have to take the rf wheel off, how ya going to use ramps?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikePA
Since you have to take the rf wheel off, how ya going to use ramps?
sorry didn't know what i was thinkin. didn't need the ramps for this operation. Well i did it my new crank pulley is now installed. Talk about one tight bolt. The one thats torqued to 181 ft. pounds. The impact gun wouldn't touch it. Even after heating the bolt. Still didn't want to come loose. I kept playin with it. Heated it up a couple more times, then finally it came loose. The oem pulley came right off didn't need pullers. Probably because of the heat i used. I can't believe how much heavier the oem pulley compared to the ur pulley. Took her for a short test drive. Seems to go through the gears faster & smoother. I'll have to wait a few days for the full effect, but i'm happy.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:14 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry didn't know what i was thinkin. didn't need the ramps for this operation. Well i did it my new crank pulley is now installed. Talk about one tight bolt. The one thats torqued to 181 ft. pounds. The impact gun wouldn't touch it. Even after heating the bolt. Still didn't want to come loose. I kept playin with it. Heated it up a couple more times, then finally it came loose. The oem pulley came right off didn't need pullers. Probably because of the heat i used. I can't believe how much heavier the oem pulley compared to the ur pulley. Took her for a short test drive. Seems to go through the gears faster & smoother. I'll have to wait a few days for the full effect, but i'm happy.

damn it dale! now im tempted...
Old 03-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by redbaronace
Dale.

Call me and I can give you the number and name of a great shop in Kirkland.

I have the Comptech Icebox, UR Pulley, H&R OE Springs and the Megan Header(in the garage, ready to be installed).

I have some great hookups who will take care of you and will also give you a really nice price along with great guarantee of their work.

My number is 206-227-9376.
Peace
Bryan
thanks bryan, nice to have someone in my area who also has the MOD bug. I managed to get through another mod, not having to use a shop. Good luck with yours. What kind of price did you pay for your icebox. Thats going to be my next mod!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dark DJ
damn it dale! now im tempted...
I thought you wern't into performance mods?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:20 PM
El Presidente

I thought you wern't into performance mods?

neither did i, but this its gettin to me...
Old 03-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Drifting

Once the wheel and the plastic inner fender is off, is the pulley easily reached with the impact gun? My impact gun has 600 lb ft in reverse, so I am thinking I wont have to heat it.

How'd you set the torque? Enough room to swing a torque wrench?
Old 03-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Once the wheel and the plastic inner fender is off, is the pulley easily reached with the impact gun? My impact gun has 600 lb ft in reverse, so I am thinking I wont have to heat it.

i borrowed a torque wrench to put it back on. i used a bunch of extentions to get my wrench out side the wheel. there are actually 2 plastic covers.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Drifting

when are you doing this mod mike? I want to know if your impact gun will move that bolt? Your going to be surprised! Footnote: after i got done with the install i told the wife i just saved us $100.00. So now i can take the money we saved & apply it to my Icebox. That went over like a fart in a Windstorm!!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Drifting

when are you doing this mod mike? I want to know if your impact gun will move that bolt? Your going to be surprised! Footnote: after i got done with the install i told the wife i just saved us $100.00. So now i can take the money we saved & apply it to my Icebox. That went over like a fart in a Windstorm!!
Not sure, it's the next thing on my mod list.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

i think a DROP should be next on the list...

this has no relevance at all to the post... but damn, your the same age as my dad.. just felt like saying that..
Old 03-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Drifting

ya been wanting to do the drop too. That i'll probably be next after the comptech icebox.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Drifting

whats a ballpark on what a drop will cost me. I dont want a bumpy ride either? any idea?
Old 03-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

depends how you want to do it....
Coilovers:
Apexi- $500 if you can find them
Tein Basics- $800??
Tein SS- 900+
(somnething along those lines)

or you can do springs (with or w/o shocks)
H&R sports- prob around 200
Eibach Pro Kits (2.1 inch in teh front, 1.6 in the back)- around the same

then shocks:
Tokico blues
Tokico HP
Koni Yellows.- 300+ i think
unsure of the other 2..

these are ballpark figures for you. sorry if im wrong on some
Old 03-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by big mike 13
Coilovers:
Tein Basics- $800??
Tein SS- 900+

then shocks:
Tokico blues
Tokico HP
unsure of the other 2..

What about the price to install, this is one mod i don't think i would try on my own?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

i got mine done for free... so i actually wouldnt know..
but i think the price is around 200 or so...
supposedly from reading the board, it isnt that difficult, you just need a Spring Compressor.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Drifting

Might not be difficult, but dealing with the springs can be dangerous.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:42 PM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by big mike 13
Coilovers:
Tein Basics- $800??
Tein SS- 900+

then shocks:
Tokico blues
Tokico HP
unsure of the other 2..

uhh the Tokico Blues and the HP's are the same thing.

H&R Sports: 155 from TireRack.com i believe.

Shocks:
KYB-GR2
Tokico HP Blues
Tokico Illumina (5-way adjustable)
Koni Yellows (16-way adjustable)
Old 03-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Drifting

i'm putting the cart before the horse. gots to get my icebox before i worry about lowering my tls. Want to thank all you guys for giving me the inspiration to do the ur crank pulley mod. If it wasn't for this thread don't think i would have done it this fast or by myself. We got a great group here ya know!!! Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
El Presidente

i'm putting the cart before the horse. gots to get my icebox before i worry about lowering my tls. Want to thank all you guys for giving me the inspiration to do the ur crank pulley mod. If it wasn't for this thread don't think i would have done it this fast or by myself. We got a great group here ya know!!! Thanks again!

awww how sweet! don't worry dale, thas what we here for
Old 03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Racer

Congrats Dale! Bout time.....hehe.

Anyway give it a few days and you should feel significant power gains. Let us know.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Drifting

i feel some of the gains now, hopefully it will increase some more. thanks for the congrats!!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Drifting

update, after about 4 days of having the ur pulley on I'm diffinately feeling the gains. It does take our ecu's a few days to adjust. I can't believe i'm getting this much power out of a V6. I'll say it again. "Damn i love performence mods!!" Thanks again for talking me into this fabulous Mod!!

P.S. i also have not had any squeeking from my new gates belts. That was one of my concerns.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Great dale! Damn I really want to do this...the only thing holding me back is my 1100+watt stereo. So I would need the stock sized 12 volt pulley - that would be fine, but it is quite a bit more expensive; so the mod isnt as attractive to me now at least. But Im glad you are happy with yours
Old 03-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ou sig
Great dale! Damn I really want to do this...the only thing holding me back is my 1100+watt stereo. So I would need the stock sized 12 volt pulley - that would be fine, but it is quite a bit more expensive; so the mod isnt as attractive to me now at least. But Im glad you are happy with yours

thanks dude. with out a doubt your 1st performance mod should be headers! That one mod will give you the most gains, (except the supercharger of coarse). damn that must be one hell of a system your putting in your ride! 1100 watts, thats insane. Sure you'll have fun with it. Don't damage your ears. seriously. I did some damage to mine i think at an a/c d/c concert back in the 70's. My ears rang for weeks afterwords. But i had a hell of a good time. It hurt so good!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
thanks dude. with out a doubt your 1st performance mod should be headers! That one mod will give you the most gains, (except the supercharger of coarse). damn that must be one hell of a system your putting in your ride! 1100 watts, thats insane. Sure you'll have fun with it. Don't damage your ears. seriously. I did some damage to mine i think at an a/c d/c concert back in the 70's. My ears rang for weeks afterwords. But i had a hell of a good time. It hurt so good!!!
Ya dale I already have headers and the AEM V2 intake...but the system is nice for sure - I really love music, and not just loud. I can only imagine what a few a/c d/c concerts would do to a persons ears! haha
Old 03-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ou sig
Ya dale I already have headers and the AEM V2 intake...but the system is nice for sure - I really love music, and not just loud. I can only imagine what a few a/c d/c concerts would do to a persons ears! haha

sorry i thought you were the one who didn't have any performance mods. You'll have to excuse me sometimes i get confused!

Quick Reply: Next mod Pulley or cold air intake? help