New TL-S!! Thank You Bay Area posters

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 04:54 AM

Talking New TL-S!! Thank You Bay Area posters

Woo Hooo!! Just bought a 2002 black/parchment TL-S using the information and price research i gleaned from this board and got a great deal! Wanted to express my gratitude - you guys on this board have been so helpful! Based on the info i got from Edgalang and others in the NoCal area, I was able to close the deal for 31,500 + destination, tax/license from Oakland. Also thrown in was burlwood knob, visor, mats and wheelocks. Way cool! I was pricing the deal with several dealers but had the best experience with Oakland - they were straight-up and had the best attitude in working with competing offers so i went with them. I also got competing pricing from a few of the others but it was like pulling teeth!

I'm sure you all know...This car kicks ass!! It's quick and nimble and has awesome power. And the room -- the interior rearseat space and trunk are huge! Not only is the TL-S a great sport sedan but it can do doubleduty as a family sedan! Which is an important consideration for me since i have a baby. happy motoring guys!

------------------
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Parchment
Old 05-16-2001, 06:57 AM

Congratulations on the purchase of your other new baby! My reasons for purchasing the vehicle were the same as yours...the TL offers the room of a family sedan but with the extra ponies to kick it when you want. No mini-vans for me -- Now get out there and drive!
Old 05-16-2001, 07:46 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

All the very best of luck!!! Take it easy with the "Baby on board"!
Old 05-16-2001, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Enjoy!

------------------
Fins^
2002 TL-S w/Navi
Satin Silver
(The Silver Bullet)
Debadged
Old 05-16-2001, 12:49 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congrat!!! Happy Motoring!!

Andy Kuo
Old 05-16-2001, 12:50 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Good stuff, congrats!

------------------
Those who know, don't talk.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:51 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

yankeeTLS, That's great!! Blk/parchment is beautiful.

Congrats!!

How'd you like to celebrate getting your new baby with fello TL owners in the Bay Area? Check my sig for details on the June 10 Meet.

-Eric

------------------
June 10, N. Cali Meet - Click Here
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>2001 SSM. 02 tails, 02 vent trim, burlwood knob.

Mods? What mods? I can't afford mods, I'm getting married!!
Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 05-16-2001, 01:03 PM

Lightbulb

How could I forget this in my description-- I also have Navi! Been playing with it all weekend and have even gotten "lost" on purpose just to find an excuse to have the Navi guide me out of trouble...I debated initially whether i should get it but now have absolutely no regrets!!
Old 05-16-2001, 01:08 PM

Edub-TL, Thanks for the Invite!! I'll definitely try to make it.

------------------
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Parchment w/ Navi
Old 05-16-2001, 01:25 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bahahaha thats hilarious! Robert Munoz (my sales consultant) called me up on Friday (or Thursday) and mentioned that apperantly I've been on the internet or something. When I asked him what he was talking about, he mentioned that someone came in the dealer the other day asking for the same deal that he gave me. I then told him that I was not aware that we had any form of disclosure agreement of the sort, and that it should of been expected that people would find out about it over the net, being that I am a IT Systems Administrator and I do tend to spend alot of my time on the computer (For the past 2 weeks this site has took up most of it BTW). Anyways, the tone of his voice confused me. I wasn't sure if he favored my free advertisement of the dealer or was concerned about the potential loss of higher profit margins. Regardless of the outcome, I am glad that dealers are finally realizing that the internet is a very powerful tool on the consumer level. I just hope that the service department of these very same dealers acknoledge this very same fact. Although I may be pleased with the purchase of my vehicle, the service dept of Oakland has left a foul taste in my mouth that is yet to be satisfied.
Old 05-16-2001, 01:33 PM

Oh.....and how could I forget. CONGRATS on your new purchase! Hmm..the one thing I do warn you is that SanJose water seems to be "harder" than the ones found in North Bay. I just washed my car last night at a friends house and found (this morning) that I had HUGE water spots all over the car. It basically made my blue baby damn ugly. So....moral of the story...treat it well. and with black....treat it VERY well.
Old 05-16-2001, 05:34 PM

I dread having to wash her too...any suggestions on how to keep her clean with the hard water in this area? I was thinking i could dry it really well and hope for the best but don't know if that's just wishful thinking. I know the Black is tough to keep clean but it looks too DAMN good when it's clean to pass up!http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/icons/icon6.gif

Originally posted by edgalang:
Oh.....and how could I forget. CONGRATS on your new purchase! Hmm..the one thing I do warn you is that SanJose water seems to be "harder" than the ones found in North Bay. I just washed my car last night at a friends house and found (this morning) that I had HUGE water spots all over the car. It basically made my blue baby damn ugly. So....moral of the story...treat it well. and with black....treat it VERY well.

------------------
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Parchment w/ Navi
Old 05-16-2001, 05:39 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by YankeeTLS:
I dread having to wash her too...any suggestions on how to keep her clean with the hard water in this area..
I have washed my car only a few times in SJ. I usually will wash it at my friend's house in Cupertino or when I'm in Sacramento.

But to make sure you don't have too many spots, get a good towel to dry her off. I use the absorber to get all the water beads off. It doesn't leave any streaks and no water droplets left either. As long as you don't allow the water to dry by itself, it won't have an opportunity to leave the mineral deposits on the paint.

My co-worker has a black 99 TL, and he uses the Zaino products and he has had good results from keeping stuff from getting on it. He lives in Freemont.
Old 05-16-2001, 05:46 PM

Oh I agree about black being the best color out there provided its kept SUPER clean. There was even one time that I had to do a double take when passing up a black civic. For a split second it made me think that it was another car all together. In showroom quality black by far looks the most elegant. Did I mention I was passing up the civic? heh heh...just had to throw that one in.

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 05-16-2001, 07:57 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

You are now a member of our Elite Team. ur mission if u chose to accept is to uphold and appreciate the beauty of the car and the 260 horses under the hood.
Welcome
Old 05-16-2001, 08:37 PM

After seeing what Mr Hyde did to his blue beauty, putting mine up will be a joke. Besides...it has white spots all over it at the moment.