New member of the dead tranny club.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member of the dead tranny club.

tonight without any warning coming home from work, i lost my tranny. I was traveling @ about 45, when all of a sudden it felt like someone had slammed on the brakes. it only lasted a split second, but it was definatley a head jerker. i said ok, then i continued on my way. Boom it happened again. This time i heard my belts squeel? Then it happened like 3 more time. close to lock up as the tires cherped. my vsa light came on, then my engine light. Limped home to grab the wife to follow me to the dealer. That was a mistake, because after pulling into the driveway i hit reverse & nothing. I gave it some gas & she slowley & barley backed out of the driveway. Now i was spuing smoke & a fowl smell from the tranny. Got her back in drive & proceded to go to the dealer. Now the d5 light was flashing & it felt as if i was in 2nd gear the whole way. I couldn't verify this because when i slapped the SS over there was no light indicateing what gear i was in. Fuckin trannys!!! now here is the part i'm most concerned with: the following is what i just wrote over @ the acura cl sight concerning the unichip, I just did a copy. Please give me some help & reassurance of what i am to do. Thanks guys .................................................. . ok it happened on the way home tonight my tranny blew, no warning. 28k on my 2003tls. The problem i have & i'm worried is that i had a half hour to get to the dealer to drop my car off & get a loaner. i said ok & got rid of my unichip stickers. They would have no reason to check my engine, when replacing my tranny. Then the service manager told me they would replace my tranny & put in a new ECU, i was dumbfounded. I'm hung as i had no time to take out my unichip. I just left & didn't tell them about my chip. 1st of all I have been told they cannot void a warranty unless they can prove with out a doubt the mod caused the breakdown. am i ok? Also is the new ecu going to screw up my unichip? Why are they changing the ecu anyways. Anyone know what i should do? Help
Old 08-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
bummer! where does the unichip plug in?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
into the ecu. do you think they'll try to void my warranty fssty?