New Cold Air Induction :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 04:21 PM

Post New Cold Air Induction :)

Well Everyone,

After way too much time and money spent setting up my suppliers, website, photos, etc.... We're READY!!!!! www.XephyrPerformance.com is ready. The shipping start date will be 1/31/01, Everyone who pre-orders will have their shipment sent that day ! I have not been posting much this week as I have been trying to set the accounts up, finalize arrangements with my suppliers, etc etc... The more of you that pre-order the less strain it will put on my budget as I have already invested quite a bit of time and money in this endeavor. So please all of you who can pre-order, do, these things will put me in the poor-house as I had to order quantities to keep the prices down. In all I am also now working with the same supplier/machine shops to prototype headers and sway bars for our beloved cars. I hope to be able to maintain a significant price advantage over Comptech/AEM, but as these will be higher dollar value items I'll really need to do my homework on the demand for these items. I really want all of your feedback and suggestions on the site. The site is SSL encyrpyted and PAYPAL enabled ensuring you against fraud. Realtime Chat is going to be up Saturday Night !!! So enjoy and help me to be able to launch this project with a bang!

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Type-S and CAI

------------------
Old 01-26-2001, 04:27 PM

I apologize, I posted this in the wrong forum. Please dont burn me at the stake for this As I do make an intake for the TL
Sorry Guys

2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance Cold Air Intake, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, Best GTECH Sprint 6.05
Old 01-26-2001, 06:39 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your CAI Dyno proven like AEM? Not trying to knock you and frankly I'm glad someone stepped up and gave AEM competition. Why don't you have Snook as one of your resellers...He pushes a lot of products.
Old 01-26-2001, 08:01 PM

Lightbulb

Hey I dont know if they are dyno proven, but if you look at the induction for the CL-type S, they show some statistics. I think the type S actually showed a 9 horse power gain!
Old 01-27-2001, 12:43 AM

Lightbulb

PrinceMir,

The results were obtained by using GTECH Pro which claims +/- 1 HP standard deviation. The results were determined by an average of 5 runs w/o the Xephyr Performance C.A.I against 5 runs with the Xephyr Performance C.A.I. The results are better/worse in respect to Dyno by the following reasons.

Better:
#1) The Car was weighed and run on virtually level surface providing consistant results +/- 1 HP.

#2) The HP measure was calculated at the wheels not the crank as manufacturer results are, thus more accurate real world results.

#3) The HP gain reflected actual aerodynamic drag of the Acura Type S accounting for suspension, and 1/4 fuel tank capacity.

#4) The tests were run under ideal/optimum conditions. Ambient outdoor temperatures was 34 degrees farenheight (Not reproducible on an indoor DYNO).

Worse:

#1 - Not as accurate as a Dyno's results due to device specific calibration.

#2 - Did not account for driver weight.

#3 - Vehicle suspension squat (For those with upgraded springs/sways) does not bias results.

#4 - Fuel quantity & drag coefficient are irrelevant in a true front wheel horsepower enumeration.

Extenuating Conditions:

All results were in fact true to GTECH Pro claims as they were consistently higher +/- 1 HP & +/- 0.10 Seconds with Xephyr Performance CAI as opposed to with stock intake assembly. Thus if the GTECH Pro reported incorrect readings due to vehicle/driver/positioning they were consistantly proportionately higher with the Xephyr Performance C.A.I. This results in a true % gain under real driving conditions even if the actual quantitative enumeration is off.