Need some advice and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:16 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice and suggestions

Hi everyone,
I have just had my 2002 TL-S for 2 weeks. I bought it used from a toyota dealer in saskatoon. My roof has some noise when the road is bumpy, anyone know what is the cause of that? The dealer has tried fixing it once, but its still there.

Second thing is, I had a full tank of premium gas and i am done 3/4 and i have only went 260kms, so i am assuming i can do 360kms by the end of it, is that normal?

Third thing is, I have been reading lots about the transmission problems you guys have been having, mine drives perfect and it has done 99500kms milage. And i check with a few friends here who have done like 150000kmes, no probs. Is it because we have cold weather here in canada most of the year?

Thanks guys, i know some of my questions are dumb, but i need advise.

Thanks again

blitzturbo
Old 11-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by blitzturbo
Hi everyone,
I have just had my 2002 TL-S for 2 weeks. I bought it used from a toyota dealer in saskatoon. My roof has some noise when the road is bumpy, anyone know what is the cause of that? The dealer has tried fixing it once, but its still there.

Second thing is, I had a full tank of premium gas and i am done 3/4 and i have only went 260kms, so i am assuming i can do 360kms by the end of it, is that normal?

Third thing is, I have been reading lots about the transmission problems you guys have been having, mine drives perfect and it has done 99500kms milage. And i check with a few friends here who have done like 150000kmes, no probs. Is it because we have cold weather here in canada most of the year?

Thanks guys, i know some of my questions are dumb, but i need advise.

Thanks again

blitzturbo
Welcome.

If your having a rattle and you brought it in and they didnt fis it, bring it back.
Now sure what type of driving your doing. Is it city? hwy? how aggressive are you with the throttle? I typically get 380-420 (miles) all hwy.

Weather has nothing to do with it. Its a design problem and there is nothing you can do about it
Old 11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the roof noise question, can you describe the noise and do you have any idea where on the roof the noise is coming from?

On the fuel economy question, how you drive and the type of driving will both be big factors in the mileage that you get. For example, you'll see much worse mileage in stop and go city driving versus constant speed highway driving. So what's "normal" will vary significantly from owner to owner. I've been getting 25 to 27 MPG in my 1999 TL with about 80% highway driving.

On the transmission failures, I don't think the temperature will make any difference in the failure rate.

Bob
Old 11-04-2006, 02:24 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys,

i do lots of stop go, cos im in university and it is only 5 mins from my house, i start and off lots cos saskatoon is so small and u get everywhere in minutes. hee hee... i will try out the highway and see how it goes as soon as i can...

as for my roof, when the glass is tilted or open, no noise, when it is closed, that is a little noise over bumps like something not sitting tight up there, but i tried to move the glass and its tight and good... maybe some of the power roof's component?

as for the transmission, my car has only done 99560kms, which is approx 61863 miles, am i still quite safe, i drive about 10000kms a yr which is 6213 miles/yr and i am only intending to drive it for 3 yrs or so. which means it wont even hit 85000miles before i sell it.

By the way, what are the symptoms of the transmission and what happens.

Sorry for the load of questions.

Thanks alot, u guys are great help.

Thanks,
blitzturbo