Need pricing info for SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 12:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need pricing info for SF Bay Area

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a WDP on Beige, no navigation, within the next 2 weeks, Anybody have best pricing info for dealers in the Bay area?

thanx,

Old 05-25-2001, 12:45 PM

I used an autobroker to get my car. They haggled a great price for me. Although, I did a lot of reasearch prior to going to the broker so I knew what would be expected.

Same color and interior as you want but with Navi... 32,800 (included rear spoiler, mud guards, wheel well trim, sun roof wind visor).

Go to thier web site, www.hammerauto.com and fill-in thier form. There is no obligation if they price out a car for you. Experience was very positive as all paper work was ready for me to sign when I walked in at delivery. Will use them again.
Old 05-25-2001, 12:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Talking

Great screen name!!

Old 05-25-2001, 12:58 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What ever you do, dont negotiate down from MSRP. Start with the invoice and negotiate up. I personally got a great deal at 3% over invoice (Don't ever pay more than 5%). Unfortunately my dealer asked me to stop posting my prices up here on the forum since apperantly people are going straight to them with the numbers I've given (cutting in their negotiating room), and that the other dealers within the area that they trade with are getting pissed that they are selling them with such high discounts. Either way, my best advise is to shop around, I found that Marin and Santa Clara had the best introduction (if you're still uncertain about the model, color, etc etc.), but when you get really serious and want a no-nonsense type of deal, (straight to the numbers and no BS), go to Oakland Acura and ask for Robert Munoz personally. He stood out over the other dealers because he basically showed me how to drive the vehicle, (I just came off the MBenzs dealer the same day and I was basically pushing the C series to its limit, and the only way Acura was gonna get my business was if they did the same for me) and didnt challege my offer letter. Serramonte and Marin was willing to give it to me at the same price (sorta) but it was like pulling teeth as one poster would put it. Like I said before, best strategy is to go to more than 1 dealer and in the end hit up Oakland and say..."This is what I'm getting...can you match it." (Just dont lie and say...I'm getting it at 2% over invoice...at least make it realistic) Although the easiest solution would probably be to just go straight to Robert himself...say Ernest sent you, and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

Oh and stay away from Stevens Creek or Concord. Stevens Creek people have their chins held up so high just because they got location. It almosts seems as if they dont care so much for customer service because the volume of sales will make up for it. As for Concord, they pretty much laughed at my offer letter and thought it was a joke (I felt insulted...maybe they were age biased, seeing as I'm 24 wearing shorts that day). I guess business there in the East Bay is better...but with arrogant attitude like that...I doubt it.

Wait a sec. I have an even better IDEA! Go around to the dealers and SHOW them this post...that way they'll believe you when you mention how much crap gets spred around on the net.

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 05-25-2001, 01:18 PM
Cruisin'

Thanx for the help guys....

any word on Sunnyvale Acura?

Old 05-25-2001, 01:27 PM

Oops.....I meant Sunnyvale instead of Santa Clara. I believe my sales rep's name from that dealer was Arthur. Asian guy, honest and straight forward and was really eager to do business. Problem was he was just too slow in getting my numbers authorized. Oakland pretty much beat him to it.

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 01:33 PM

If you want my honest opinions about the dealers I've visited, just ask. I've personally dealt with all these guys before purchasing my car in April. They are ordered top to bottom from my favorite to the one I least liked.

Oakland
Marin
Sunnyvale
Serramonte
Hopkins (Redwood City)
Concord
Stevens Creek (Santa Clara)

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

edgalang,

you're the man... thanx for your help.

I little outside research, and I have my numbers set... I begin the e-mail/fax attack now.
Old 05-25-2001, 04:41 PM

Personally I like seeing them in person instead. I basically just walk in and say..."Is there a table were we could sit at." This way they know you're serious, and make it clear that you dont want to waste any time. Prior to my purchase, I was able to visit a dealer every other day right after work.

------------------
Old 05-26-2001, 02:35 AM

I can't believe dealers have the balls to ask users not to use the internet to trade information -- Dealers should understand the power of the Internet! After all, they've had the upper hand for years, haven't they? Dealers have always used time-honored tricks to confuse/wear down the buyer on pricing and sucker buyers into overpaying for options or overpaying when financing their vehicles. To compound matters, most buyers often did not have all the options figures at their fingertips and were not generally experienced at the game of haggling, especially sessions that could last for hours! It's about time the consumer get back on even ground with dealers in the car-buying experience!

------------------
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Parchment w/ Navi
Old 05-30-2001, 12:40 AM
Cruisin'

Hey all -

I guess I just officially joined the club.

I just purchased my Nighthawk Black Pearl on parchment W/navigation 2002 type S.

I went to Acura of Los Gatos when all was said and done, and ended up with the best deal out of Steven's Creek, Sunnyvale, Walnut creek, and Oakland.

Ask for Cuong If you do go - he is down.

I pick it up tomorrow.