NEED HELP!! cruise doesnt work!! Pt. II

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED HELP!! cruise doesnt work!! Pt. II

see last thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4638&highlight=

well since this i have not yet took it to the dealer or had anyone look at it...

to give u all an idea about my 2000 TL.. from the factory came with NAVI... car was broken into and the gps was stolen... screen, navi heater control, radio, trunk navi dvd unit..and from the looks of it they left the middle console a mess.. ( i know this b/c i took it apart...the person the own it before me..when the above happen.. they didnt replace it with the NAVI.. instead they put parts off a regualr TL).. when i purchased the car.. i took the dash apart to discover the wires for the navi screen.. so i have started buying the NAVI parts to make ONCE again a TL NAVI..

Up to this point MY cruise control did not work.. no green light on my dash.. when i press the cruise switch next to the moonroof switch.. no light either to indicate ON...

so today..so far i have the NAVI screen, bezel and heater controls..

i DO NOT yet have the DVD unit that goes in the trunk.

So i just took the whole center console apart..and bezel...mounted the NAVI screen.. also mounted the NAVI heater controls on top of the radio.. and put everything back together.. While i was doing this.. i did have the car on . so i can stay WARM... its cold out here.. which i dont think caused this... but after the upgrade of these parts.. i noticed something......

The "CRUISE CONTROL" Green light on the dash was on... just to mention the actual TCS/Cruise control switch was not connected... i was ooo ish... i got my cruise control working again.. just for a slight second though.. cause i hook up the switch... pressed the cruise bottom .. didnt shut the cruise control green light on the dash...little green light on the buttom still not lighting up... (and yes i have checked to make sure the light is not blown)

so then i start to think.. only time "CRUISE CONTROL" lights up on the dash.. is when ur actually driving the car and the cruise control is activated.. turned on..

so now there another twist to my cruise control problem...

dont know whats wrong now..

is there any wires/module in the center dash behind the radio that control the cruise control??

any help on this is greatly appreciated..

thanks everyone..

angel jr.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Instructor

Humm?

have you checked the fuse?

did you get the parts
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Intermediate

fuses have been checked.. yeah got the parts.. thanks man..