Need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help ASAP

All,

Looking for some answers from those who really know - as this is serious.
Just got my '02 TL back from Tranny Recall for oil-Jet Kit.
My question(s) is/are:

- what is touched when they do this recall and install oil-jet?
- where can I see this kit - is it internal or external?

- do they paint all bolts etc. they touch blue since it has been opened?

or did they slip a rebuilt in there and not F'ing tell me??!

- does Acura 1-800 people have list of serial#'s of tranny that originally went into the car on the assembly line?

I do not think this is same tranny. Rides very different - maybe some imagination, maybe I really needed the kit, but it did not feel the same coming home.

If I sit in gear with foot on brake I hear noise from tranny - like a small rock kicking around in there - have not compared to my '04 to see if its tranny is quiet. I would have expected silence like when it is in Park. I dont drive this car all the time so I cannot swear if this is new or not.

There is/was fluid all over under there. Not sure if it was just residue from when they opened it up (assuming that is what they did) - I wiped up a drip from the driver side of it - I will see when I get home and the wife has had it out today if it came back or if it was just some fluid that had collected after repair and no one bothered to wipe. No drip on garage floor this am - but there was no pressure either obviously since not running.

The dipstick had a red mark on it and now also a blue mark (which I dont recall from before)?

Any comments or knowledge about the specifics about this repair and what it looks like and what areas of tranny should be touched and what about so many blue colored bolts?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the transmission was replaced, it would clearly state this on the repair order, along with a part number for a replacement transmission. They need this documentation to be paid by Acura.

If you can get a CLEAR pic of the top of the tranny where the fill plug & metal trans lines are, I could look at it & tell you where the oil jet kit is located, and wether or not it's there.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:39 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by Bluenote
If the transmission was replaced, it would clearly state this on the repair order, along with a part number for a replacement transmission. They need this documentation to be paid by Acura.
That is good to know - I was worried they could slip it in and the average consumer would never know - but since none of us on this board are average..

I will try to take some pics tonight. Oh I think they definately put the kit on - I see something that is def. new, but I will post a pic. I do most of my own work - but never ventured into Tranny Land - so I have no idea where this kit would be...pics to follow tonight.

Thanks for your reply.

Originally Posted by Bluenote

If you can get a CLEAR pic of the top of the tranny where the fill plug & metal trans lines are, I could look at it & tell you where the oil jet kit is located, and wether or not it's there.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
TBone, this is 2G TL issue, I have to move to where it belongs to. Meanwhile, you may like to check GARAGE, we have some useful 3G TL tranny recall details. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Team Anthracite Member

you gotta do what ya gotta do man - it is relevant in all areas..search and garage produce too much non-specific info

Originally Posted by rets
TBone, this is 2G TL issue, I have to move to where it belongs to. Meanwhile, you may like to check GARAGE, we have some useful 3G TL tranny recall details. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
so are you trying to say you think they installed a different tranny or just the oil jet kit? some fluid will drip out when they change the crossover pipe to the one with a "T" in it for the oil jet.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Well, here is the deal - someone had said about blue bolt heads meant rebuilt tranny. I just noticed so many blue bolts all of a sudden. Which got me nervous.
They def. installed the jet kit, I am getting the car back today as I took it back cuz I saw tranny fluid dripping underneath. I think dealer is claiming it is residual fluid, so I told them to scrub it down and dry it all up and we will see. I was really surprised at all the fluid all over under there. Very messy job.

We'll see tonight.

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
so are you trying to say you think they installed a different tranny or just the oil jet kit? some fluid will drip out when they change the crossover pipe to the one with a "T" in it for the oil jet.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
A lot of people who got the Oil Jet installed on their cars noticed that the car shifts were more firm afterwards. I noticed it myself, it feels like the way the car shifts when the engine is cold ... except it does it all the time now. So your thinking that the car drives differently is definitely possible.

As far as the tranny goes, I know someone has said before that if its the original transmission, there should be a VIN number on the tranny casing that matches your VIN number. If its a refurb then it has a serial number on it.