Need advice on front bumper cover...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on front bumper cover...

My front bumper cover(just the cover) was damaged about a year ago on my way into a parking garage, but on top of that, it has been peeling like crazy due to an unfinished paint job from the used car dealer(grrrrr). I need to get something done about this ASAP - it just doesn't look like an Ack should right now.

One solution is to get the cover replaced - what is the cheapest method of doing this? However, this is also an opportunity to make my Ack even nicer as I have heard that there are some lip kits that apparently come with a front bumper cover. I have no idea what this is, but those kits are nice. Is there really a way to just skip this front cover business if I can get the cover and kit all at once?

If you can include estimates, that would really help. If I get a lip kit on her, I know that means that I'll have to at least get 17s, a drop, etc so she'll look "right". At the same time, I know that's another story. First things first, please help me with my bumper cover vs kit question...

Thanks,
Tee
Old 05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
There are only a few bumper replacement kits out there.

Value, Blaze and Skipper but they are from Japan and will cost you $$$$ to get them here. Last I saw, it was $800 just to ship the bumpers. And the kit is fiberglass so it will crack if you hit something.

If you decide you're interested, PM Blackshadow and ask him what he paid for his Value kit.

There is the Sarona kit, but it is so god awful ugly, in my opinion that we'll just pretend we didn't mention that name.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
You May want to look for a used bumper for your car (the cheapest route) and have that refinished to match your existing paint job. LIke NSXNEXT said there are a few kits like you mentioned. 1 is ugly as sin and one will cost you a small fortune to get. You may want to look into something like the OEM body kit to add to the car (will give you a small lip for the front sides and rear) that will run around 800 or so for the complete kit and will add a little something to the car
Old 05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you need a replacement bumper cover go to www.partstrain.com. they have all the parts instock. anything you pretty much need. they even sell the type s wheels but for a pretty penny though. but they have it. I think they even have the A-spec wheels that comes from canada. I ordered from them before and i got my stuf pretty quick and undamaged!!!. plus if you sign up with them they have specials sometimes that give you like 5% off or so. just wanted to relay a helping hand!!!