navigation with lights on

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 10:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
navigation with lights on

when i turn the lights on my navigation screen flickers a bit, as if it's not getting enough juice.. anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

The screen gets dimmer when you turn the lights on. Its a feature to make it easier to see when driving at night. You can set the navigation to AUTO, DAY, NIGHT, or OFF in the setup menu!! The flickering you see is probably the navi getting dimmer. If not, then u might have a problem and should take it to the dealer!!

-Rich
Old 07-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by rmarin2
The screen gets dimmer when you turn the lights on. Its a feature to make it easier to see when driving at night. You can set the navigation to AUTO, DAY, NIGHT, or OFF in the setup menu!! The flickering you see is probably the navi getting dimmer. If not, then u might have a problem and should take it to the dealer!!

-Rich

yeah i know the screen gets dimmer when the lights go on.... it looks like how it would look if you were to take a camcorder and look at your computer screen, horizontal lines that continually fly up..it is not a big deal but i'm wondering if everyone gets this? it only happens on occasion with the lights are on... should i take it in to the dealer?
Old 07-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Originally posted by shothit

yeah i know the screen gets dimmer when the lights go on.... it looks like how it would look if you were to take a camcorder and look at your computer screen, horizontal lines that continually fly up..it is not a big deal but i'm wondering if everyone gets this? it only happens on occasion with the lights are on... should i take it in to the dealer?
I never get that. I would take it to the dealer.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by CarFreak

I never get that. I would take it to the dealer.
Ditto. Go see the dealer, not once have I seen that happen in my TL.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Intermediate

i will go see the dealer soon, it gets kind of annoying at night. not too noticeable unless you stare at it. funny thing is i never see it during the day, or when i switch to day mode at night... very strange indeed.....
Old 07-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Cruisin'

Just a thought. Go to setup and change the brightness level and maybe that will cure the problem.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Racer

Never have this problem before. Might be something wrong with the screen. Let a dealer to check it for ya. Good luck.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Yeah i know the screen gets dimmer when the lights go on.... it looks like how it would look if you were to take a camcorder and look at your computer screen, horizontal lines that continually fly up..it is not a big deal but i'm wondering if everyone gets this? it only happens on occasion with the lights on... should i take it in to the dealer?
That may be the catch in getting this fixed. If you can't predict when It'll happen and go directly to the dealer... well, let's just say you may be doing some fancy talkin'.

Good luck, and let us know the outcome!

V.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Intermediate

well everytime i turn the lights on and the nav is on auto the flickering happens... now i just leave it on "day" all the time and dim it all the way at night. that seems to work, however just knowing that there is something wrong with this car bugs the crap out of me. I'm going to take it in soon and complain until it is fixed.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:00 PM
ktl
3rd Gear

Shothit,

Have you had the flickering on your Navi screen fixed? Mine also has scrolling dark lines in night mode. I am very curious what may cause the problem.

KTL
Old 08-06-2002, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ktl
Shothit,

Have you had the flickering on your Navi screen fixed? Mine also has scrolling dark lines in night mode. I am very curious what may cause the problem.

KTL
I have the dark lines too. It's electrical interference from the engine. If you notice, it goes away when you shut the engine off (but leave the ignition on). Several people have stated they have it and it appears to affect some units and not others. I've gotten used to it and don't really "see" it anymore. It's like alternator whine in a stereo system, only it comes through the display.