Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation

Hello: I am new to this forum and also new to owning a TL S. My problem is with the navigation unit. I have manual on operation but do not know the previous owner's pin #. I cannot change to my personal address or put my own pin # in without accessing the original pin. Does anyone know how I can erase previous pin or reformat the unit? I am lost......
Thanks for any help
Steve L
Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Wouldn't the dealer be able to assist you??? I would think as long as you show proof that you are the owner, they would be able to assist....

Why can't you just call the previous owner and inquire as to his PIN?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
^^^ i'd take it to the dealer
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
dealer will probably charge you something rediculous. they wanted 150$ for a 4 digit code for a radio, not navi. I told them to go fuck themselves. maybe you have better luck
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the PIN # to the Navi (and radio) are not in the leather case with the owners manual somewhere and your dealer can't help try Acura Client Services. They just helped me get the PIN to a DVD Navi off an '03 TL that I put in my '99 TL. On the bottom of your Navi unit in the trunk there is a label with: Part #, Ref # and Serial #. Write those down or take a pic of it with your digital camera then contact your dealer or Acura Client Services:
http://www.acura.com/index.aspx?init...stomerServices

My dealer tried but got me the wrong PIN but ACS got me the right one, just today in fact. No fee from my dealer or ACS.

You may need to remove the Navi unit from its holder to get ther serial numbers. There are just 4 screws, two on each side. You will need to unplug the antenna and the three plugs on the back of the Navi too:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffny61/.../P2060094s.JPG

Press down on the top of the three lower plugs to get them out. I THINK on the antenna plug you need to push up on the bottom of the plug, can't remember...but when you get back there you should be able to figure it out when you see it close up.

Good Luck,
Jeff

PS I forgot, if you sign up to Acura Owners Link there is a place in there to get the Radio and Navi PINS if you have your cars VIN the serial numbers of the radio and Navi......give it a try:
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Racer

Steve,

The label on the bottom of the Navi looks like this....
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffny61/IMG_9693se.jpg

And remember, when you get the PIN remember to put it in your glove box with the manual. You WILL need it again [I saved that info in my computer too]

Jeff
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by indoMFP
Wouldn't the dealer be able to assist you??? I would think as long as you show proof that you are the owner, they would be able to assist....

Why can't you just call the previous owner and inquire as to his PIN?
I bought the car as a salvage unit and do not have access to the previous owner.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 AM
6th Gear

Thanks

Originally Posted by JeffNY
Steve,

The label on the bottom of the Navi looks like this....
http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffny61/IMG_9693se.jpg

And remember, when you get the PIN remember to put it in your glove box with the manual. You WILL need it again [I saved that info in my computer too]

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I will try that. I have had all of the unit out so I know about taking out. I had to get the numbers in order to obtain the pass code number but never thought I would need to unlock a Pin #.
I appreciate the help

MUCH OBLIDGED
Steve
Old 04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
You only need the s/n if you are trying to put the pin in after you disconnect the battery. The pin to access the personal info doesn't have anything to do with the s/n. It would be a waste of time to pull it out unless you don't have the anti-theft pin already. I am not sure if there is a way to reset the entire unit but I will look into it. That may be something, as others have said, you may have to take to the dealer to do.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Racer

Oh...I think I misunderstood, I thought you needed the original PIN security code...
Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
6th Gear

I Have the Code

Yes> I do have the code numbers but not the personal Identification numbers put in the navi unit. I can still use it but cannot put in my personal information.If I try and put my address in it goes straight to the owner #1 requesting a pin.
Thanks for Your Help
Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Steve Leffler
Hello: I am new to this forum and also new to owning a TL S. My problem is with the navigation unit. I have manual on operation but do not know the previous owner's pin #. I cannot change to my personal address or put my own pin # in without accessing the original pin. Does anyone know how I can erase previous pin or reformat the unit? I am lost......
Thanks for any help
Steve L
I have a 2003 TL navigation. I had the same problem when I bought the car and took it to the dealer. The service associate showed me how to locate it. Open the hood and find the fuse box located behind the engine to the left side corner. Open the cover cap of the fuse box. 4 digit pin is printed on white sticker under the fuse cover. Atleast thats where my TL has it.
This pin is used for personal information in the navigation.
Hope that solves your issue.
Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
6th Gear

Cool I Looked

Originally Posted by thatsdileep
I have a 2003 TL navigation. I had the same problem when I bought the car and took it to the dealer. The service associate showed me how to locate it. Open the hood and find the fuse box located behind the engine to the left side corner. Open the cover cap of the fuse box. 4 digit pin is printed on white sticker under the fuse cover. Atleast thats where my TL has it.
This pin is used for personal information in the navigation.
Hope that solves your issue.
Thanks.
My 02 Tl does not seem to have any info such as your 03. Sure seems like a great idea. Maybe hidden somewhere else on my car.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Instructor

The unit's anti-theft pin can be entered in place of the user pin. You then can use Setup to change each user pin to a new one. I recommend null for the user pin.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by paulmooney
The unit's anti-theft pin can be entered in place of the user pin. You then can use Setup to change each user pin to a new one. I recommend null for the user pin.
Thanks Paul I will try that as I never gave it a thought.
Many Thanks
Steve