NAVI and the Psychic Hunger

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 09:59 AM

Cool NAVI and the Psychic Hunger

HEY, Lets not bash the shallow, materialistic ones here.
Without their insecurities, we'd take out a large portion of our market.

Realistically, it's that segment of the market that helps drives up demand afterall!
You think Acura didn't factor "COOL" into the equation? Get real. They want it to look cool. They want the whole car to look cool(although sometimes I wonder about that!)

Hey, differences are what makes this little marble turn.
So, for those of us that want the NAVI simply because it's a functional tool to help usout in a jam, we can rest assured that someone out there wants it just cause it looks "COOL" and is willing to pay that much more for it.
Thanks guys...
Old 03-22-2001, 10:48 AM
tea elle

I wasn't bashing anyone with the psychic hunger point. I was trying to provoke thought and discussion.

This site is the TL Forum. A forum is defined as a public program involving panel discussion and audience participation.

Yeah, there are different types of discussion that go on in here. Hopefully nobody is being offended or insulted.

------------------
2001 TL Silver w/ Black Leather
CL-S Wheels w/Pilots
Alpine CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-22-2001, 10:07 PM
Acura TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lawrence:
I thought you had very good points. I'm in the market to buy the TL S and the NAVI doesn't really turn me on one way or the other.
I drive around town pretty much and know where I am 9 times out of 10.
Would the NAVI lure me into unchartered waters? Maybe.
Anyway, I think your point about the desire to look "COOL" is a valid one. It's interesting to me why one person buys something vs another person.
coolness aside(because u have to admit it is cool), i feel that even though i dont use the navi often, and some people use it even more rarely, for me it is worth 2k to save myself 30 mins of anger and frustration of being lost... cuz that spoils the whole beautiful ride in the awesome car that the TL is... even if it only happens ones, but since i got the navi(i actually got the aftermarket Alpine system) i've had a much more relaxing time making trips to places i'm not familiar with, or even just going to a shopping mall and not worrying about missing my exit cuz i'm enjoying cruising on the highway... just my .02c

------------------
'00 Nighthawk TL
'02 Nighthawk TL-S
------------------
Aem Short Ram / Comptech Sway Bars / Comptech Springs / Custom Cross-Drilled Rotors / Pirelli SP7000 Tires
-------------
Alpine CVA-1005 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine NVE-N851A Navi / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-6 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL and Fun/Crazy Pics
Old 03-22-2001, 11:30 PM

I thought you had very good points. I'm in the market to buy the TL S and the NAVI doesn't really turn me on one way or the other.
I drive around town pretty much and know where I am 9 times out of 10.
Would the NAVI lure me into unchartered waters? Maybe.
Anyway, I think your point about the desire to look "COOL" is a valid one. It's interesting to me why one person buys something vs another person.
Old 03-23-2001, 07:53 AM

That's a good point Zodiak.
By the way, why didn't you get the Acura NAVI?
Old 03-23-2001, 02:51 PM
Acura TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lawrence:
That's a good point Zodiak.
By the way, why didn't you get the Acura NAVI?
when i was buying the car, i didnt think i would need one, then my girlfriend moved to NJ, and i started driving there a lot, and once u try to get from point A to point B in that state without knowing exactly where you're going, its pretty much a waste of time... so i got the alpine, and i actually like it better than the Acura one, it lists more and easier to control imo... so i'm gonna transplant it to the tl-s

------------------
'02 Nighthawk TL-S
Alpine CVA-1005 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine NVE-N851A Navi / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-6 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL and Fun/Crazy Pics