NAV

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NAV

Kind of reconsidering the fact I didn't get the NAV with my TL.

I guess if I want one now I can't simply take it to the dealer to have it installed - needs to be done at the factory?

Should I just get after-mkt. Ex. Alpine?
Old 02-20-2001, 12:45 PM
Drifting

You're going to have to get an aftermarket one.

You can take it to the dealer and have the factory one installed, but you will probably have to bring like 6K with you.

Honestly, it's so complicated, I don't think any dealership would even take on the task of adding it on.

Old 02-20-2001, 12:57 PM
Pro

I don't think it would be easy to add the Navigation to the TL....

Even though the Navigation is considered as optional, in reality, the 3.2TL comes in 2 distinct models : One with the Nav and one without the navigation.

Even the dash is different in the Navigation model with the A/C controls etc., incorporated into the touch screen.

I understand that in the MDX (not sure however !), the dash in the NAV and the non-NAV looks the same, since the trip-computer is available for both models and share the same screen. Just that the non-NAV model, does not have "Touch Screen"....

------------------
2000 Naples Gold 3.2TL/Navi - Factory Stock but with up-graded tires
Old 02-20-2001, 01:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, i wished i had gotten NAV.. but its complicated to put in a NAV in a Non-NAV.. nothing you can do about it unless you want to spend $$$$$ to have Factory NAV put in.. the only thing to do get an aftermarket NAV.. and have it customed installed if you want that profession look

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Nighthawk Black Pear
- 18's Lowenharts LGM Chrome (3 piece)
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
Tu
Old 02-20-2001, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've been down this road.

For one, as mentioned, the dash and console are completely different. Second, the controls for the Climate Control are part of the NAVs in dash screen(I Believe), and third, all the Bells and whistles that make the Car capable of GPS Tracking would have to be installed. Aftermarket is really the only way to go. Alpine seems the way to go since they also make the TLs OEM. Check out Snooks ride.

------------------
1999 Firepepper Red TL
  • Under Body Kit
  • Rear Wing Spoiler
  • 26 Piece Wood Grain Console
  • BurlWood Shift Knob
  • 30% Smoke Tint
Pics of My TL
Old 02-20-2001, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I try to tell people all the time this is your biggest thing with TL. If your going to get one do you want the Nav or not.
There is no other way but aftermarket now.
The Manual Climate Controls & Clock are all tied up with the Navigation System. Acura & everybody else say the Nav is the only option.This is true but they are two seperate cars with the Factory Navigation System.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/%51 Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips