My seat bolster is rubbing against center armrest ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My seat bolster is rubbing against center armrest ?

My drivers seat is making more noise than a rocking chair. It used to just make a noise that seemed to come from the base of the chair. Now, I have noticed that the side bolster with the lumbar adjustment lever is rubbing up against the center armrest and making a loud leather type squeek. It is annoying as hell. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else? I am not sure if it is normal, just my car, or because I am a big guy and maybe am spreading out my bolster. Either way, at only about 6000 miles my seat should not be loose, spreading out, losing support, etc. I am open to advice, etc.

Thanks-
Old 02-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

i have never had that problem though. i only have the seat belt squeaks... i am only 150lb, but i don't think weight should do that much of a diff?
Old 02-21-2002, 11:33 PM
Drifting

Re: My seat bolster is rubbing against center armrest ?

Originally posted by TedV
My drivers seat is making more noise than a rocking chair. It used to just make a noise that seemed to come from the base of the chair. Now, I have noticed that the side bolster with the lumbar adjustment lever is rubbing up against the center armrest and making a loud leather type squeek. It is annoying as hell. I wanted to know if this is happening to anyone else? I am not sure if it is normal, just my car, or because I am a big guy and maybe am spreading out my bolster. Either way, at only about 6000 miles my seat should not be loose, spreading out, losing support, etc. I am open to advice, etc.

Thanks-
That is not normal. The lumbar adjustment on my 02 TLS has about an inch of clearance from the armrest. Maybe your seat rails or seat back is bent, or your center armrest is crooked.

You can check if the armrest has equal clearance on both the driver's seat and passenger's seat.

In any case, with 6000 miles you should just take the car back in to the dealer and say "fix it".