My Next Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 PM
That's rubbish...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Next Mods

Hey guys, my TL is basically bone stock, but I want to do some Modding on it since its near summer time and school is nearly out. I plan on doing the mods listed in my signature under the category "Future Mods" but I'm not sure which ones to do next. Now being 17 with an almost minimal wage job doesn't offer much towards modding my car, but I have saved an have some money on the side to spend, so I don't really have the money to buy an OEM Kit or any TeinSS yet, but I can do all the little stuff to make the ride fancy. I can afford most of the mods on that list and I definitely want a CAI and some headers but only if the price is right. I can make 2 or 3 purchases from that list plus I can do the little stuff like debadging and what not. So...anyways...What do you think would be the best thing to do, first off, on a near stock TL to add some flare by any means necessary? Please leave some feedback.

Thanks, 99
Old 04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you looking for cosmetic upgrades. or performance upgrades?
Old 04-07-2007, 03:48 PM
That's rubbish...

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
Are you looking for cosmetic upgrades. or performance upgrades?
both
Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
COTM Coordinator

CAI, Headers, and Interior LED conversion. This will give you more performance than beauty, but I think you will be a litle happier having your car go faster as opposed to looking a little nicer. Plus the LED conversion will definitely change the look of your car at night. I just ordered my LED conversion, and I have headers, intake and I would definitely suggest this route to you, seeing that we have the same year.

Im not to sure what you mean by Grill Kit in your sig, but if your talkin about the Mesh Grill taht you do yourself.... well then just go ahead and throw that in the list too, cause it only cost roughly12-15 bucks and will give a nice touch to the fron of your car.

Now of course this all depends on what you like and your preference. Seeing that you are 17 you may want your ride to look better as opposed to drive faster in order to impress the ladies. But if you can get the ladis without the means of having a pimped out ride, then go performance, you wont be dissappointed.

Well thats my two cents, and I hope you make a decision that you will be happy with.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i say you should do all the little mods first.

take out the amber in your headlights, change the bulbs. maybe black out the headlights.

remove mud guard, shave the trunk

check over some DIY, they have some fun mods there
Old 04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
headers, supercharger -- while you can still get em
Old 04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
That's rubbish...

Thanks for the tips...As for performance I'm thinkn CAI and Headers then an LED Conversion. What color would look good with Satin Silver? I have the regular OEM replacement bulbs in blue in there right now, but I was thinking maybe like a Hyper White, maybe. I'll also do the debadging, get amber blinkers and take out the reflectors, and remove the mud guards cuz that costs nothin. By "Grille Kit" I just meant a custom Mugen Grille. And no I don't have a grand to spend on a supercharger...lol...sorry
Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
COTM Coordinator

A combination of White and blue LEDs. Either Blue with white accents or the other way around. just a thought. Otherwise, white, but then if you wanna change your head unit most likely the button lights will be blue...... tough choices right? Once again, whatever you prefer, as long as its what you want.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:37 PM
That's rubbish...

Also, I especially appreciate the feedback cuz I want my car too look dang awesome like your guyz's cars and everyone my age thinks all the dorky-ricey stuff is cool like huge spoilers, which I think are really stupid if you don't even have a body kit, Foldger's coffee can mufflers from eBay, and those knock-off intakes that are like plastic PVC Pipes with clamps and bolts attached..So yeah thanks...I really want the real thing..
Old 04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An AEM CAI would be a great thing to start off with.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:01 PM
All the way to redline

OR you can do the poor mans ICE box that should only be around 50 bucks with the K&N Filter
Old 04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Go with the AEM V2... I loved mine when I had a 99.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Cruisin'

i have the same problem being 17 with little income like you ninety9. I got a 2002 tls. Love the car but trying to stay away from the ricey look- this look owns about 25% of the cars in my city.

Dont ruin your car with the ricey stuff.. keep it classy cause its a nice car that will always impress people.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CAI is an awesome mod... the smaller mods are just the little things that will set your car off...

be wise how you spend your money... in the end it's just a car you drive.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by whtetls02
Dont ruin your car with the ricey stuff.. keep it classy cause its a nice car that will always impress people.
Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
... the smaller mods are just the little things that will set your car off...

be wise how you spend your money... in the end it's just a car you drive.

Great advices. I've personally been through a few trends -- lowrider, autosound, race, rice -- and in the end, it's the "clean," subtle, personalized look that endures time and demographics.

Tip from an old timer: Unless you have a very deep pocket, make sure you're clear on your goals before you start modifying. Being that you're just starting out (quite well I might add), take the time to read the threads on this forum and make intelligent decisions. It's best to do something "right" the first time than it is to undo a mod or trend as a result of ignorance or peer pressure.