My neighbor just got a TL-S; the same exact colro as mine!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
My neighbor just got a TL-S; the same exact colro as mine!!!!

There goes the neighborhood. He lives across the street 3 houses down. I would have preferred he got the 3 seried instead like was posted here a while ago by someone else. The only distinguishing visual characteristics are my missing front plate, body kit, tints, WW lip spoiler, debadging and Comptech springs. My other mods are not visible. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery but come on now. Oh well.

Two Aegean bLue TL-S's within 100 feet of one another, there should be a law or something!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2001, 06:00 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So is your neighbor a doctor?

Say, Dr. Jekyll???
Old 08-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like you said, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. he must have really liked your car. but i dont get why people get irked that other people have the same car, i find it interesting, more like a common bond that makes it easier for you two to hang out or whatever...
Old 08-18-2001, 06:06 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

tell him to visit the forum too...we'll bully him til he sells his car.

j/k...be nice, this tells you that his taste of cars are as good as yours.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:20 PM
Instructor

That's kind of a bummer - couldn't he pick one of the 4 other choices?

I enjoyed the lack of other TL-S for the first couple months, but I'm starting to see them everywhere now. Can't keep a good thing a secret for long.
Old 08-18-2001, 09:40 PM
Advanced

You could always firebomb his car? Nah, maybe that's not such a good idea, but it sure does ruin the "uniqueness" you had.
Old 08-18-2001, 10:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Of course you could talk him into all the mods you don't have yet and want.....

That would be a bit irritating
Old 08-18-2001, 10:37 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
What an odd feeling that must be. You are happy that someone has validated your choice in car and color, yet it is a p*sser that someone so close gets the EXACT same car.

I suppose you have to look at it as a positive. Still, it is a bummer of sorts.

H-m-m-m....

:-jon
Old 08-18-2001, 11:01 PM
Instructor

I still haven't seen another TL-S yet. I'm always looking.
Old 08-18-2001, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
exclusivity...

You know there will be tons of Type-S's around... there are many articles by the critics praising the Acura marque. But I do find it very odd to hear that a neighbour will go right out and COPY another neighbour's choice (even down to the colour!)... but based upon the pictures of YOUR car, <i>Mr Hyde</i>, I seriously doubt that people will mistaken yours for his...

As for exclusivity, I am proud to say that I know of only 2 other Type-S's in my COUNTY. Since there is no Acura dealer within 100 miles of here (and it's the "motor city" of Canada), I rarely see other Acuras in the neighbourhood. I did get a laugh when I saw a silver Type-S with the bodykit with 2 teens in it. Obviously their parents let them cruise the mall parking lot... (punks)...

Anyways, just wanted to wish my condolences to Mr Hyde... you're no longer exclusive!

- derrick
Old 08-19-2001, 12:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: exclusivity...

Originally posted by derrick
I did get a laugh when I saw a silver Type-S with the bodykit with 2 teens in it. Obviously their parents let them cruise the mall parking lot... (punks)...
- derrick

Anyways, where I live there is now a TL-S in every color. Today while doing errands I saw a DEP, WDB and a ABP. A NBP lives somewhere in my neighborhood. I know what you're going through, a family friend is getting the exact same car as me, SSM, only with Nav. Guess I'm not the only one on the block with one now....if you want exclusivity go buy a M5 or CL600.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:53 AM
Pro

Around my area I only see a gold color TL-P. But on the road I had saw 2 blacks, 2 white, 1 blue and 3 silver.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

One of my neighbors.........

got the same TL-S as me too. I wasn't mad, just welcomed him. I told him about this board too, so we should all be seeing him soon. Oh and another owner just bought a 330i. He has got to be the coolest bimmer owner. Doesn't talk ****, just phrases the TL-S for being what it is for the price.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:42 AM
Ex TL-S owner

Thumbs up Re: Re: exclusivity...

Originally posted by bioyuki

if you want exclusivity go buy a M5 or CL600.

Well put! I really don't care if someone gets the same car as me. It just shows that it's a really nice car. My GF's bro just got one (same color) after seeing/driving my car. I think it looks cool seeing the same car in the driveway or next to each other.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Re: Re: Re: exclusivity...

Originally posted by CarFreak

Well put! I really don't care if someone gets the same car as me. It just shows that it's a really nice car. My GF's bro just got one (same color) after seeing/driving my car. I think it looks cool seeing the same car in the driveway or next to each other.
Easy for you to say Ben, you were the first one to get your TL-S after me after seeing/driving my car punk. Then Abe followed with an Aegean Blue and then your GF's bro who got SSM. Best thing all from the same salesman who sold my bud his CL-S one year ago also. LOL How weird would it be if we all pulled into my driveway at the same time??? :

As far as the M5 goes, you know thats whats next in line although there are quite a few in Manhasset.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:20 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: exclusivity...

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
As far as the M5 goes, you know thats whats next in line although there are quite a few in Manhasset.
There's really only one exclusive car and thats the Jaguar XKR Silverstone, only 250 alotted to the US.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:59 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

you want unique?!

I once saw a car with NSX tail light, M3 style side skirt and Supra's Front! best yet, all in a 198X Honda CRX!

It took me a while to figure out the whole car...btw, did I mention the car is Green...
Old 08-19-2001, 08:23 PM
Instructor

A neighbor that lives a couple of houses down the street had the some exact car as my first car which was a '98 Juniper Green 3.2TL then i traded it in around March for a Silver TL-S, and guess what? A week later I noticed the same neighbor traded theirs in for the exact same car. Boy was I annoyed the same neighbor buying the same cars I am, but I figured mine looks better because of the tint and spoiler and PIAA bulbs.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Smile

The guy up the street from me (about 3 houses up) saw my TL-S last week and was like, we're going to look at one today, probably that color.... it was like doh.... Saturday morning while putting in my exhaust I look up the street, and there's a TL-S parked in front of his house..... white. Whew...that was close....
Old 08-20-2001, 05:13 PM
Racer

Two streets over ...

there is a WDP TL, but so far I have the only Type-S. Of course to the uninformed they look the same, so I know I am "exclusive" but no one else does.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:30 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by juniorbean
The guy up the street from me (about 3 houses up) saw my TL-S last week and was like, we're going to look at one today, probably that color.... it was like doh.... Saturday morning while putting in my exhaust I look up the street, and there's a TL-S parked in front of his house..... white. Whew...that was close....

Don't forget about the other two ABP TL-S's in the parking lot at work that appeared within ~3 weeks of each other.
Old 08-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Re: My neighbor just got a TL-S; the same exact colro as mine!!!!

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
There goes the neighborhood. He lives across the street 3 houses down. I would have preferred he got the 3 seried instead like was posted here a while ago by someone else. The only distinguishing visual characteristics are my missing front plate, body kit, tints, WW lip spoiler, debadging and Comptech springs. My other mods are not visible. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery but come on now. Oh well.

Two Aegean bLue TL-S's within 100 feet of one another, there should be a law or something!!!!!!!!!
Now I really feel your pain. I just moved to a new neighborhood and a few days ago noticed out of my 2nd floor window another Black TL-S with a tan interior just like mine in an adjacent neighborhood! Then my wife, daughter and I went for a walk and on the next street down saw another yet Black TL-S with tan interior and no plates yet!!!!

I've yet to see one in any other color here.

Hello, Earl Schibe...
Old 08-21-2001, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by dspivy

Don't forget about the other two ABP TL-S's in the parking lot at work that appeared within ~3 weeks of each other.
he he... wise-ass
Old 08-21-2001, 01:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

My city is really full of 99-01 TLs cause the price on there here were about 36 000 CDN!... so it was a very very value oriented car. I can see one at each block...but the new Type-s is still rare... I've only seen about 2 before few days ago, but one weekend evening, I saw 4 WDP!! all at the same time... all the same ... only one had a spoiler... but mine stood out because of the license plate, everyone gave me a good look~~ it was great... so u can get exclusivity on ur TLs...just a put a BOd kit, lower it, tint, rear sunshade... etc etc... the good thing about our TLs is that there are aftermarket mods "available" where if u look at other luxury sport sedans that type of thing is hard to find...

my opinion and i'm so glad i got the TL-S other then some other cars...
Old 08-21-2001, 03:38 PM
Intermediate

I know what you mean

I'm the one that has the neighbor who bought the 330i after he and I shared beers etc and now we don't speak.

Some might remember the story. Once he bought that beemer, he became a different person. One I don't care to talk to anymore.
Old 08-25-2001, 07:13 PM
Race Director

It's not too uncommon....

....to have identical cars nearby. Just across the street is a CL Type S identical to mine and CLs aren't even that common in my city. My gated community is the type of place were everyone keeps their cars inside the garage 95% of the time. So I hardly ever see him (I know him casually) unless I am coming or going.