My Moonroof Froze open on me!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Exclamation My Moonroof Froze open on me!!

I was up in Westchester or wherever it was the meet we had was today( I otherwise had a good time as always), and I opened up my moonroof as the car was aprked in the sun and I wanted to get some ventilation, but then I thought to myself it woudl be better to use the tilt feature to keep the sun itself from heating up the seats and burning my butt when I got in the car. I hit the close button, and nothing happened. I tried over and over again, and still nothing. I hit the open button and it opened some more, but still no response from the close button. The motor was kicking in to open but not to close it at all; I could hear it. I turned the car off and on again; same thing no response. Checked the fuse for it, it was fine.

Now I was thinking crapp, now I have to use the emergency crank and manually close it, take my car to the dealer, and get stuck in an Integra while they figure out whats wrong. So i pull the plug in the ceiling of the car, and manually crank the moonroof closed using the small crank thats in the trunk. When I cranked it I went too far and the moonroof tilted up. Thats when SLYTLS hit the button to tilt it up further and then hit the close button, and it worked all of a sudden just like that, and I tried it over adn over again and its perfectly fine now, I dont know what happened. Anyone else experience this??
Old 07-23-2001, 01:42 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My Moonroof Froze open on me!!

Wow, sounds like your limiter microswitch got stuck. My guess is that your "closed" sensor was stuck in the "on" position when you opened your sunroof. When you tried to close the sunroof, the computer thinks that the sunroof is already closed, so it refuses to activate the motor. When you cranked the sunroof closed, it contacted the microswitch and somehow got it unstuck.