My first accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 AM
The Talk of New York

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My first accident

Well...I hate to say it, but I was coming out of my garage at work, and my car was parked like 5 inches away from a concrete thing (its one of those things that hold up the roof) and I start pulling out, and there was a car parked in front of me, so I HAD to turn slight left, and BAM, I hear a loud scrape, and I just screamed F*CK, I looked in my side mirror, and my rear door is all over the concrete corner thing, so then I start to turn right, and it just keeps scraping.

I finally got out and stopped, and looked at the damage, man....it was terrible. My rear door on the left was all scratched up, and there was a dent in the middle, the paint was badly scraped off at some spots, and the rear panel, just above the tire, was also badly scraped.

now im trying to wonder how much its gonna cost to fix, im hoping it doesnt go over $500, cause thats all I got right now, and I was planning on spending that money on a oem body kit....

anyways, I only want original paint, so I REALLY dont want to go to the junk yard for this, cause they always use cheap ass paint.

My car color is ABP, and its an 02 TL-S, and I've owned it for a little over a month now, and it never even had a scratch on it till now...

so anyways, anybody that lives in NYC, can you recommend some good body shops that could repair the car the same day using original paint and do it all for $500 or under? I REALLY dont want no shitty job, so please help me out guys, thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear about your TL's damage.

Do you carry comprehensive insurance on your car? if so, is there any chance that would cover the damage?

You might have trouble repairing the damage for $500 or less. It can get pretty expensive if you need body work and paint on both the door and the rear quarter panel.

It depends on how bad the scrapes are. People might be able to give you better advice if you post some photos.

Bob
Old 08-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
damn man.. i feel your pain im 18 just got an abp 02 tl-s... i had to manuver my car around another car to get it into the garage the other day and bam it hit against the side of the garage i scraped the bottom of my oem kit and had white paint from the side of the garage all over the bottom (see my thread about touch up paint questions haha)... just take it to a local body shop and get an estimate and ask them about 100 times if tthe paint they use will exactly match the factory paint job before you commit to anything i remember my maxima had a fender that didnt quite match the rest b/c the previous owner probably cheaped out on repairing it trust me it wasnt pretty, so take your time finding the right place... its gonna probably get pricey if theres both dents and scratches and depending on how deep the scratches go... good luck man reading that made me cringe by the way ha.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:17 PM
The Talk of New York

well, i just got back from a few body shops, and the quotes i've been given are ridiclous.

The first one I went to, the guy took a good look at the damage, and started saying how he needs to order new parts for the door and some other shit, and told me it was gonna cost $800, I told him I'll think about it and call him back (im not really going to).

The second guy is the same mechanic that my cousin has been going to for like a year now, so this guy told me he could do it for $500 and make it look brand new again like nothing ever happened. He said the only paint he uses is OEM so he told me not to worry about that, but he also told me it would take atleast 3 days to get it fixed.

So im going back there on wednesday morning to drop off the car, and will be picking it up on saturday.

Now while thats being done, I want him to install some good HID fog lights, because I currently have stock fog lights and the drivers side fog light isn't even working.

So could somebody please recommend some good HID fog lights?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
well i bought my car from junior TL ... he had some hid fogs in his car already when i bought it... im not sure if he still is active on here anymore, but i gotta say they are really good fogs..they match the headlights well and significantly improve light on the road....send him a pm he should be able to help you.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

next time when telling someone "I'll be back" or "I'll call back" when not planning to, say something like "I am shopping around, I'll let you know if your quote works out for me, thanks" for example. It won't make you a liar and at the same time might give the person some incentive to get you a better deal. Sorry about your accident. Those are things that you'll lern to avoid with experience...