My car got broken into tonight, sad....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car got broken into tonight, sad....

Its a REALLY bad day today.

Brief story:

My rims have been sitting in my garage for over a yr now with no offers. Well I finally have enough money to get them fixed. I put all my rims in the backseat. Lets remember that my rims are Lowenhart BR5 chrome wrapped around Nitto 555 tires (225/40/18) I decided to go to a friends house and we were going to watch a movie. Well when we were leaving I had to put something in my car and realized there was something on my back bumper. I noticed it was a gash/hole in my bumper and Im pissed. Someone hit my car. Well I look right next to the bumper and notice glass everywhere. I look up and boom! my drivers side window is gone. I was thinking did I leave it rolled down until I look and see shatterd glass inside and out. I yell at my friend to come here, open the car door and noticed they tried to jack my head unit. It was moved around and the face plate was taken off, I look behind seats and guess what? No rims........well except for 1. I guess they only had time to take 3 of them. I then just bust out in tears. My rims were gone. The one time I decide to get them fixed, put them in my car and an hr later, poof! I open the glove box and it was gone. They stole my Louis Vuitton epi checkbook wallet and $350 cash. I usually lock it but this time I forgot. I called the police at 9:20 and at 11:30 still no cops. I decided to go to the HPD office and file a report. I drop off my friend and at 12:50 the police arrive. The officer told me he was new to the area and apologized but I had already told them I filed a report. In conclusion I feel raped. My car has not been broken into and I feel I am still a target because of my radio. I dont even feel comfortable driving it anymore. Here's a list of what I lost.

Drivers window completely gone
Rear bumper needs to be replaced
3 out of 4 rims w/tires
Louis Vuitton checkbook wallet
$350 cash
Leather is ripped from shattered glass along with the arm rest
What am I going to do now? Have insurance get a new window and re-tint it and replace my bumper. What about my rims and other monetary value? Am I at a loss here. Will have to call insurance and find out.

Just needed to vent tonight

Oh and one last thing. We did have witnesses actually see the break in. This nice Asian couple got the license plate # and make of the vehicle however when we went to HPD and pulled up a different car. Im going to double check with them tomorrow. I was told it was 4-5 latin teenagers, in an old Ford Explorer license plate # B33-VNX
Old 10-19-2005, 02:57 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Sorry to hear about that bro! Thieves need to be brought out into an open field and used for target practice if you ask me........

Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Pro

damn i would of been so mad...did u have an alarm at all.?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Items hardwired into the car, such as radio, are almost always covered.

For loose items, such as a wallet, it's an iffy. Good luck getting everything sorted out.

You didn't hear the alarm go off?? The factory alarm should have alerted when the window was broken.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:37 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

The TL does not have glass breakage sensors.

The factory alarm will go off if the doors, trunk, or hood is opened while it is armed but will not sound for a busted window.

But they would have had to open the doors, why didn't the alarm sound?!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:55 AM
03 ABP TL-S

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
But they would have had to open the doors, why didn't the alarm sound?!
Above he stated he left the car unlocked by accident while watching his movie....

THAT REALLY SUCKS ABOUT YOUR CAR GETTING :thief: I LEARNED THE HARD WAY AS WELL......I BOUGHT A $500 2-WAY VIPER ALARM. ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY TAKE PICTURES OF ALL YOUR VALUABLE SHIT INCLUDING RIMS/WHEELS & GIVE THEM COPYS OF YOUR RECIEPTS....WHEN PUTTING THE CLAIM IN ALL YOUR SHIT WILL BE COVERED
Old 10-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chinaman38
I put all my rims in the backseat.
I decided to go to a friends house and we were going to watch a movie.
They stole my Louis Vuitton epi checkbook wallet and $350 cash. I usually lock it but this time I forgot.
I don't mean to bust on you, but let's look at this without the emotion, which is hard to do, I know. But if people don't learn from this....

1. Putting your rims in the backseat was like putting wrapped Christmas presents there and posting a 'Steal Me' sign in the window.
2. If you had to put the rims in the back seat to take them to be repaired, why the stop off at a friends house to watch a movie?
3. Leaving your wallet with $350 in cash in the glove compartment?

Expensive rims in the back seat of a luxury car, parked in a driveway or on the street while the owner watches a movie inside the house? Obviously, this doesn't justify what they did, but they musta thought they died and gone to heaven.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn this is htown man, y would u leave your rims in the backseat????
crazy...., that fuckin sucks, where did this happen at?
damn latin teenagers...i swear alotta cars been getting jacked around here lately man, you gotta watch out.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Yall read my post wrong. I stopped at a friends house, I had to pick him up so we would go to the movies. I did not leave the doors unlocked. The car was not parked for more than 30 mins. I park my car in a parking garage and the apt is on the other side of the garage. This apt has ballers everywhere. I was taking my rims to the shop that next morning. The rims were covered up in the back seat and I have mirror tint which you cannot even see into the car. I found out tonight that this was the 9th break in this month for this car

In regards to MikePa........the rim store is not open in the evening, plus my checkbook wallet i leave in the car cuz i hardly use checks. the extra cash was from my business which i did not deposit because i did not have time to run to the bank that day.

Insurance called me today, they will cover the drivers side window, rear bumper, new drivers seat and arm rest.

They will NOT cover: rims, money and wallet. Since the rims were not actually ON the car but IN the car it does not count. Big loss here for me. Im fuckin pissed.

The car is in the shop as we speak. Had to get a new checking acct number since the bastards stole my checkbook. Im hella pissed.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikePA
I don't mean to bust on you, but let's look at this without the emotion, which is hard to do, I know. But if people don't learn from this....

1. Putting your rims in the backseat was like putting wrapped Christmas presents there and posting a 'Steal Me' sign in the window.
2. If you had to put the rims in the back seat to take them to be repaired, why the stop off at a friends house to watch a movie?

Expensive rims in the back seat of a luxury car, parked in a driveway or on the street while the owner watches a movie inside the house? Obviously, this doesn't justify what they did, but they musta thought they died and gone to heaven.

Yes they were expensive and in a luxury car but parked in a parking garage with all garge lights on. The owner was not in the house watching a movie, the owner was getting his friend so we could GO to the movies.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Instructor

insurance seems useless nowadays. they tend to deny the claim as much as possible
Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Banned

are u a girl? i feel really bad for you...should be more careful with ur stuff, i know if i saw those rims in the back of a car i would take them tooo....PPL do anything for money....ANYTHING. you havnt seen ppl like i have.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Advanced

Insurance called me today, they will cover the drivers side window, rear bumper, new drivers seat and arm rest.

They will NOT cover: rims, money and wallet. Since the rims were not actually ON the car but IN the car it does not count. Big loss here for me. Im fuckin pissed.
Do you have renter's or homeowner's insurance? If you do, they might actually cover the stolen goods.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM
GO TIME

sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. Your next investment should be an aftermarket alarm with a two-way pager, so if it happens again you can have a heads up.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that. that shit sucks but uh im sorry to say this but

post some pics up of the window broke and shit and leather cut.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

dang u def need a aftermarket alarm. if i were you i would have told them the rims were on the car. they never cover anything not attached to the car. as far as the plate you got, i would do a search at the dmv see where they live go there to see who it belongs to. if kids: BEAT DOWN. if adults: leave alone
Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Banned

first of all

LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST OR EBAY FOR YOUR STOLEN MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY

FIND MORE INFORMATION ON THESE THEIVES AND MAKE SURE THEY ROT IN HELL

your lucky you even have a witness and description, thats alot to work

try similar liscense plates, get more specific descriptions
for example maybe they saw b83vnx, or b38wnx, just keep trying. look up ford explorers etc. you have alot to work on so do something about it
Old 10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Grippin' Grain

Dang man, I know how you feel. I moved in at my girl's apt bout 3 months ago then some lil fuckrs broke in and stole damn near all my clothes, about 8 or 9 pair of kicks, some phones and bluetooth headsets, and I had around $400 bones cash in the drawer they got too. Took HPD 5 1/2 hrs to show up b/c it wasn't an emergency. I'm still pissed about the whole thing. Then the other day my 2-way remote was going off so I went outside to check it out and I see a damn dent in the hood of my TL so that just made it worse. Hopefully I wont have to run over somebody b4 its time to move. Excuse all the detail but I guess I needed to vent too. GL on the search with that license plate homie.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Marty_1999Acura3.2TL

Oh and one last thing. We did have witnesses actually see the break in. This nice Asian couple got the license plate # and make of the vehicle however when we went to HPD and pulled up a different car. Im going to double check with them tomorrow. I was told it was 4-5 latin teenagers, in an old Ford Explorer license plate # B33-VNX
From the sound of things, these @#$% assholes live near your area. My guess is that one of them owns a 2nd generation TL, and just wants free parts(Why would they try taking the bumper and stock deck? and hit the same type of car?). I notice your from Houston, TX. Wow! that's a big city but don't give up. So far, we know they are Latin teenagers and secondly, they have three out of four rims? They're either going to sell your rims(Check: eBay, news papers, any local buy/ sell forums) "OR" go to a rim shop that carry the same rims(Check any rim shop that would sell your particular rim. Tell them about your story and ask them if they had any recent orders of ONE rim). Don't give up! Put these !@#$ asshole to justice. All the best . If it was me, I would kill the guy(S) . Let us know if you found these guys.

Is there a TL club in Houston, TX?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

amen.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Banned

first of all...WHY ARE YOU GUYS LEAVING 400 BUCKS IN YOUR CAR!!!!!

i leave NOTHING IN MY CAR....living in the city teaches me this. if someone was to break into my car tonight this is what they would get

1. bic ballpoint pen
2. pioneer faceplate
3. acura owners manual
4. book of matches
5. various business cards
6. a broken amplifier
7. a hoody i got for 15 bucks at footlocker

leaving 400 cash in your car is STUPID, leaving shoes, expensive clothes, all that shit.......DONT MAKE IT EASY!!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Grippin' Grain

Originally Posted by 41510TL
first of all...WHY ARE YOU GUYS LEAVING 400 BUCKS IN YOUR CAR!!!!!

i leave NOTHING IN MY CAR....living in the city teaches me this. if someone was to break into my car tonight this is what they would get

1. bic ballpoint pen
2. pioneer faceplate
3. acura owners manual
4. book of matches
5. various business cards
6. a broken amplifier
7. a hoody i got for 15 bucks at footlocker

leaving 400 cash in your car is STUPID, leaving shoes, expensive clothes, all that shit.......DONT MAKE IT EASY!!

The things I mentioned were stolen out of the apartment, not the car. I don't keep anything inside of my car either. Just wanted to clarify that.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hot Boi
The things I mentioned were stolen out of the apartment, not the car. I don't keep anything inside of my car either. Just wanted to clarify that.
what apartments in the sw? i used to live around fondren and w. airport, BAD fuckin area man, all I saw was car jackings and shit..
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GayTL
what apartments in the sw? i used to live around fondren and w. airport, BAD fuckin area man, all I saw was car jackings and shit..
kind of off topic but nice screen name man
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Playing Naked!

It is nice to live in an area where I can leave nice shit in my car and not worry about it. I had to leave my car on the side of the street with a big ass plasma tv in the back last year for about two hours and it wasnt touched.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
check your homeowners insurance, it might cover the other stuff.

I had my 85 IROC broken into many years ago, sux...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Advanced

Brief story:

My rims have been sitting in my garage for over a yr now with no offers. Well I finally have enough money to get them fixed. I put all my rims in the backseat. Lets remember that my rims are Lowenhart BR5 chrome wrapped around Nitto 555 tires (225/40/18) I decided to go to a friends house and we were going to watch a movie. Well when we were leaving I had to put something in my car and realized there was something on my back bumper. I noticed it was a gash/hole in my bumper and Im pissed. Someone hit my car. Well I look right next to the bumper and notice glass everywhere. I look up and boom! my drivers side window is gone. I was thinking did I leave it rolled down until I look and see shatterd glass inside and out. I yell at my friend to come here, open the car door and noticed they tried to jack my head unit. It was moved around and the face plate was taken off, I look behind seats and guess what? No rims........well except for 1. I guess they only had time to take 3 of them. I then just bust out in tears. My rims were gone. The one time I decide to get them fixed, put them in my car and an hr later, poof! I open the glove box and it was gone. They stole my Louis Vuitton epi checkbook wallet and $350 cash. I usually lock it but this time I forgot. I called the police at 9:20 and at 11:30 still no cops. I decided to go to the HPD office and file a report. I drop off my friend and at 12:50 the police arrive. The officer told me he was new to the area and apologized but I had already told them I filed a report. In conclusion I feel raped. My car has not been broken into and I feel I am still a target because of my radio. I dont even feel comfortable driving it anymore. Here's a list of what I lost.

Drivers window completely gone
Rear bumper needs to be replaced
3 out of 4 rims w/tires
Louis Vuitton checkbook wallet
$350 cash
Leather is ripped from shattered glass along with the arm rest
What am I going to do now? Have insurance get a new window and re-tint it and replace my bumper. What about my rims and other monetary value? Am I at a loss here. Will have to call insurance and find out.

Just needed to vent tonight

Unfortunely you cannot leave anything inside the car, anything valuable must be in the trunk. This is the same all over the country, here in Cleveland the sport is to smash windows and take CD's ,tapes, and whatever else is inside the car.
In your area I hate to say all your things are "south of the Border" due to our leaky borders, and El presidente Booshes need for Illegals. Sorry fro the politcal statement but it is very true...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:41 AM
10th Gear

Thumbs down

My Drivers Side Window Got Broke Out A Week Ago As Well But I Dont Leave Anything In M Car , But Just To Let You Know The Dealer Will Charge You Almost 500.00 For A New Window Installed 330.00 For Glass Plus 2 Hours Labor.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:14 AM
veo
Instructor

if u leave anything in your car it will be broken into w/o a doubt. i left my change tray open with nothing but pennies. a crack-head broke the window for 80 cents. it doesn't matter if you'll be back in 30 minutes or the next day. if you leave it visible consider it gone. hide phone chargers, toys, even put the car seat in the truck if your gonna leave the car in the street overnight.
sorry to hear about your loss
Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Grippin' Grain

Originally Posted by GayTL

Nah I'm on Westheimer and Elmside right pass the Kroger. It's pretty decent around there but I think someone was prolly checking me out when I come in and out and shit. I would have moved but my girl and I are waiting for the house to finish being built, so should be out of there by the end of Dec.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
green3.0CL

yea if anyone broke into my car, they would get textbooks, but i am guessing criminals don't like to read organic chemistry. oh they would also get a piece to a vaccuum wonder how much that would get on the black market
Old 10-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rozslvk
In your area I hate to say all your things are "south of the Border" due to our leaky borders,
This is true.

Originally Posted by rozslvk
and El presidente Booshes need for Illegals.
This is just left wing crapola.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jperdoch
check your homeowners insurance, it might cover the other stuff.

I had my 85 IROC broken into many years ago, sux...

Off premises theft in your homeowners or renters policy will cover you... i work for an insurance co....
Old 10-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

can we all take a vote....if we saw those rims in the back of her car...who would take them..say I or Nay
Old 07-19-2006, 03:13 AM
B A N N E D

sorry to hear, but i think we can all learn from your mistakes and a lesson can be learned

remove your face plate. take your wallet and valuebals. and dont leave shiny lowenharts hanging around =]
Old 07-19-2006, 03:14 AM
B A N N E D

oh so it was a girl. my sister was stupid as well. she left her gucci purse with the windows down. video for 10 minutes in public. and ka blam.

i dont feel sad for them cuz girls never learn =]
Old 07-19-2006, 03:22 AM
Drifting

Here's some forum training, before responding to a post, look at how old it is. You're responding to a 9 month old thread. I think Chinaman38 has gotten over it by now.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't wanna :highjack: the thread, and I am terribly sorry about your ordeal, however, what is the general consensus on Radar detectors, electronic transponders, xm Radios, Aftermarket Navigation, and the countless other devices that are semi-permanent attached to the vehicle? Do those that have them, should they remove them everytime one leaves the vehicle?

:SorrieIshouldhavesearchedthisbefore:
Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's some forum training, before responding to a post, look at how old it is. You're responding to a 9 month old thread. I think Chinaman38 has gotten over it by now.
But you are forgiven because you're a
Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

well, you are correct. I request forgiveness also. but I just got one of those shiny navigation units and I am considering setting up a custom mount for it so that it does not remove easily. Since this thread is technically about theft, I would think that posters would have experience with the different devices I refered to.

Quick Reply: My car got broken into tonight, sad....