my car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 02:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by phatratpak

ps. my g/friend made fun of me cuz I kept apologizing to my car for it getting so dirty...
LOL this is funny
Old 08-31-2002, 06:35 AM
Racer

25K miles, and the paint is the only thing bothering me! I mean man is it thin and will scratch and chip with anything!! ABP.
Old 08-31-2002, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by wiggingboy
Just spray a lil wd40 on the where seat belt clicks in at. And the noise will go away. Same thing happen to me. But i dunno about the rest.
Yup -- I just posted about two weeks ago about both driver's and passenger's seat belt receptacle needing to be lubed.. once they are, bye-bye squeaks and creaks...
Old 09-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Instructor

So got my first oil change at 51xx miles... , can def. tell the difference b4 and after, bonus - it was free (with this letter I got from Acura in the mail), forgot the mention the poor fuel economy i've been getting, perhaps it'll be better after the oil change... last fill-up got ~22mpg city/highway
Old 09-17-2002, 12:15 AM
Instructor

update

So everything is pretty much going perfect on this car, except from a max of 22-24mpg on mix driving...
I pray I don't get smitten by the tranny devil. For those of you who have what kind of replacement cars have you gotten?
Old 01-08-2003, 01:05 PM
Instructor

haven't posted in awhile so thought I'd drop a line.

Love this car, and I mean total adoration, 260hp is balls to the wall as far as I'm concerned, leather is comfy and cabin is whisper quiet, love the heated seats and 6-disc changer. So far I have made several trips to upstate NY and NYC, both roughly 300miles each direction and the car has been marvelous. One trip was a late night where temp. got down to 15degrees.
Fuel economy sucked at first but is settling nicely in the mid 20's...
Just dropped my car off for its 15k check-up... only 13,800 miles on the car but going on road trip this weekend...
Speaking fo which, me and 2 buddies are driving Friday night from DC to Detroit for the auto show so that's why I got the oil change a bit premature.
Again, for all those doubters, this is one SERIOUS MACHINE and I'm thrilled with my decision to get it...
btw, 13,800 miles in under 6 months...

-Mike
Old 01-08-2003, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Coin Holder not closing completely??

Anyone has this problem too? Mine does not closed all the way.
You can really see it at night.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Instructor

nope sorry, I do however have issues with putting coins in when I put too much junk underneath the coin holder....

-Mike
Old 01-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Racer

I was told there was tree sap on the paint and windshield which caused streaking and clumping of the sap. Any ideas on how to protect against this?

Most people here will tell you that parking under a tree is a NO-NO.
As for the water spots, first thing in the morning, or immediately after a rain storm...towel, towel, towel (if you get the chance)
Old 01-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Instructor

So made the 1600+ mile roundtrip to the Detroit Auto Show and the car was marvelous... my friends loved driving it, and were soooo comfortable
Old 01-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Instructor

PROBLEM - last night I had to crank my car 3 times before it started. I know it was damn cold but my car's been through colder, think this is a permanent problem or just a fluke?

-Mike
Old 01-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by phatratpak
PROBLEM - last night I had to crank my car 3 times before it started. I know it was damn cold but my car's been through colder, think this is a permanent problem or just a fluke?

-Mike
happen to me two times.
after coming out of a resteraunt, i have to crank it ttwo times to start.
after coming out of a mall i have to crank it two times to make it start.
I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe is too cold?!
Old 02-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Instructor

not real concerns

Hey all, well it's been 8 months and 16+k miles of joy from my '03 TLS, what a wonderful car. Took me back and forth through Pennsylvania this past weekend, I didn't travel on the snowing days but had to muck through some of the aftermath and the car was ON POINT, STEADY AS A ROCK!!!

Anyway, there are a couple of things I've noticed, not real problems, but just making sure these things are normal.

1. After driving for awhile (over 30min.) or sprited driving when I turn off the car there is hiss, which I assume to be remaining exhaust being sent out through the tail pipes. Again, this doesn't really concern me very much, just wondering what exactly is happening.

2. Now this happens in practically every car I've ever been in, (never driven or riden in real luxo cars). When I accelerate with the heat on, the vents blow out hotter air and more of it. NOw I assume this is because the blows directly from the engine (which is very hot so heats the air). However, in really high -end cars does this happen, or si there a seperate air flow regulator that maintains constant air flow and temp. regardless of how much the engine is working.

thanks all for your time...

-Mike
Old 02-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey mike
get that rust problem fix yet?
Old 02-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Instructor

this is me (or you)

No, didn't ge the rust thing taken care of. Brought it to the dealership and they said that since there are no holes or leaks they can't really do anything about it. Also with all the recent snow and stuff down here it's hard to tell the difference... anyway, I have 4 years/ 50k miles to get it fixed plus the car is still performing marvelously.
At the end of winter I'm planning on getting a minidetail for my car, if that doesn't remove whatever it is, then I'll make them replace it.

-Mike