My *Comptech* Swaybar Snapped In Half!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm Cool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad i went with eibach, i suggest something solid like the eibach and the neuspeed so there won't be rust eating it up and breaking it apart. O another thing, front CT sways are the same as the stock front sway, so i don't see a point in buying another one
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Aren't the neuspeed sways the exact same diameter as the stock sways?
dont think so. i know that there is a neuspeed rear RACE sway that is solid. not sure about the regular ones though.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by car_lost
dont think so. i know that there is a neuspeed rear RACE sway that is solid. not sure about the regular ones though.

They no longer make that for our cars though.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
glad i went with eibach, i suggest something solid like the eibach and the neuspeed so there won't be rust eating it up and breaking it apart. O another thing, front CT sways are the same as the stock front sway, so i don't see a point in buying another one
WRONG!

the ONLY solid sway is the Neuspeed rear RACE sway. they dont make it anymore though, so good luck finding it. they only make the regular ones.

the comptech and eibach sway bars are similar. i beleive one of the eibach is thicker though.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm Cool

Originally Posted by car_lost
WRONG!

the ONLY solid sway is the Neuspeed rear RACE sway. they dont make it anymore though, so good luck finding it. they only make the regular ones.

the comptech and eibach sway bars are similar. i beleive one of the eibach is thicker though.
nope, i'm right
Stock Front = 27mm (Hollow)
Type-S Rear = 19mm SOLID
Type-P Rear = 18mm SOLID

Comptech front = 27mm Hollow
Comptech rear = 22mm Solid

Eibach Front = 27mm (unverified)
Eibach Rear = 23mm Solid

Neuspeed Front = 27mm SOLID
Neuspeed Rear (Race) = 25mm SOLID

from: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...highlight=sway
Old 03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm Cool

and its solid for front, cause i have it and checked it
Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Can you tell me of ANY other set of Comptech sways that have had this problem? I can't

Comptech rules, Megan, OBX, etc are just wannabe copycats.
I'm not just talking about the sways, im talking about the springs too, many peeps on here had probs with that! I'm not saying comptech sucks, they have really good headers and exhaust and SC, but some peeps on these board say comptech r the best and will never have any probs, yet they keep coming with probs. Springs, now sways. I dont know about you but if i had comptech springs and my springs broke in half and my car slammed to the floor and I would have to go through the hassle of changing them and not being able to drive my car I would be pretty damn pissed.

"Comptech rules, Megan, OBX, etc are just wannabe copycats."

Your just talking about headers, yea they are copycats and I seriously dont give a shit if they copy them as long as I don't have to pay $1500 for a damn set of headers! That price is ridiculous for a set of headers!
Old 03-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Team Owner

Now listen... you would have had a decent argument on the springs and sways... but you always gotta twist the facts to your favor. NO ONE has EVER paid $1,500 for a set of headers from Comptech. They can be purchased for under $1,000 through distributors every day of the week.

Did they have a problem with their springs? Yes. Did they fix the problem and replace the damaged springs (even some who weren't in warranty) Yes.

What more do you people want? Some people just like to fucking bitch about anything and everything.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
You can turbo anything

So after all this bitching about Comptech, what about other parts, like their FPR? You specifically Mrsteve should know this one. I am getting ready to purchase their FPR because it has much more control than any other regulator I have found. In your opinion is it crap? Is there a better one from a better company?
Old 03-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Team Owner

It allows for much better customization than the other ones available (like the AEM which is a 1:1 unit)

You can easily adjust the rate at which pressure rises with different combinations of washers and rings. Order the one that is designed for the TL supercharger application as it has a different rate than their regular off the shelf unit. The J32 needs lots of fuel under boost.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:22 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now listen... you would have had a decent argument on the springs and sways... but you always gotta twist the facts to your favor. NO ONE has EVER paid $1,500 for a set of headers from Comptech. They can be purchased for under $1,000 through distributors every day of the week.

Did they have a problem with their springs? Yes. Did they fix the problem and replace the damaged springs (even some who weren't in warranty) Yes.

What more do you people want? Some people just like to fucking bitch about anything and everything.
lol wow $1000 so much better for some headers? lol thats still expensive as fuk for some headers. I'm not saying the headers arnt good I just dont think there worth that much my

Yea they probably did fix the probably or what not, its still a hassle to get fixed, it's like when ur tranny goes out, its a hassle to take it to the dealership do all that crap and get some lil chevy to drive around for a couple of days. U still hear people bitching about their trannys, because of the HASSLE and the QUALITY.

Another example, I love my Tein ss suspension, I dont go around saying Tein's r the best, everything else is shit. I dont go around sucking TEINS dick like there is no tommorow, like how some people on this board do to comptech. Like they are the king of the brands. I am not saying you do, my first comment was just for those that do, so i can rub it in their face. Dont get me wrong I think comptech has nice stuff but it's just a brand, no need to sweat them like theres no other good brands out there.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Team Owner

Comptech:

Purchased for a fair price at my Acura dealership.
Installed for a great price at my Acura dealership.
Aftermarket parts warranty honored by my Acura dealership.
Full Acura warranty still honored by my Acura dealership.

No one else can claim that on any other brand of parts. PERIOD. Even with my supercharger. No other company has done more R&D on our cars. PERIOD.

Comptech > *
Old 03-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Racer

I personally think every brand has their problems as long as they are willing to take care of it, its totally fine. In this case, they are claiming that it is out out warranty or not being the original owner is totally sad. A problem like this should be taken care of no matter what. Its safety that we are concering with and even with a car thats three or four years old, a suspension part shouldnt just break. I dont think sway bars can be considered a wear and tear item either

I agree with Black acc. I dont think people should claim one thing is the best and denouncing other brands. But thats pretty much the reality of the world. A lot of people judge quality on price and reputation. Which I can totally understand because when you pay more you also expect more. But at the same time, youre narrowing your view if you dont look at other brands which may offer the same stuff for less.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 AM
Team Owner

If it were the stock sway bar and he was beyond the Acura warranty period, he'd be paying for a sway bar too.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:18 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Comptech:

No one else can claim that on any other brand of parts. PERIOD. Even with my supercharger. No other company has done more R&D on our cars. PERIOD.

Comptech > *
i agree with you, but the dealer i bought my car from and the one i use locally for service will not honor comptech warrantees, nor will they install comptech parts. so it doesn't really work for everyone unfortunately.

there are ways to get comptech parts at fair prices, but even so, i also have to agree that this is bullshit that something like this should break and they don't care. even the guy on the phone said it was really odd.

considering the fact that the front bars are the same size as acura i'm not gonna worry about it for now though.

SSTS
Old 03-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Team Owner

It is the same diameter but the walls are thicker on the Comptech bar than the Acura bar.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Comptech:

Comptech > *
your dealer is rare then, I have called 4 around where I live from Norman to Houston and none of them will install the parts or warranty the parts.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Our Honda and Acura dealerships claim to warranty Comptech modded cars also. I think that's cool. If the parts were installed by a KNOWN professional.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ou sig
your dealer is rare then, I have called 4 around where I live from Norman to Houston and none of them will install the parts or warranty the parts.

I know my dealership is rare... that's why they are the best in the Country.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by ou sig
I can think of 4 dealers within and hour and a half of me that install and warrant Comptech.

Burns Honda
Park Ave Acura
Marty Sussman Acura
Davis Acura
Old 03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
None in OK

These are in TX

Texas Goodson Acura 972.554.0505
John Eagle Acura 281.589.0326
Jotech Motorsports 972.278.9744