Mustang-Why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
And they can now build more dinasaurs , I meant SUV's........

GM will certainly bring the Camero/Firebird back, design them to be ugly, make them FWD and stuff that good ol 3.0 liter v-6 good for 200hp.....Just like the

Wimpala i meant Impala
Monte Carlo
Lumina

Chevy purists are not amused and I think it is horrific taking names of legendary cars and putting them on ugly BS.

so what do u think about the newest novas??? jajajajaja
Old 11-27-2001, 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Nitro-C5
Nitro Chill? Had me a little confused on that one. I don't recall bashing any car manufacutrers or individuals?!?

My point of the post was once again to help any import car owners to understand that when you pull up next to a traditional American muscle car ie. Mustang, Camaro and Firebird that 9 times out of 10 that these cars are not stock, so the "paper numbers" from the manufacturers and Road and Track mean nothing on the street. Right now a "heavily modified" TL-S will put out about 310-340 hp on the motor. A heavily modified muscle car will put out any where from 425 hp and up. Given they are rear wheel drive and lighter, the race would'nt be close.

Now... Will these car be worth more afterwards? NO! Will they ride better? NO! Will they have more maintence issues? YES! Can you comforatably car passangers? NO! Are they built as well? NO! Will they beat a TL-S from a street start to 60 and in the 1/4 mile? YES, almost everytime!

I love racing, all types, but especially on the roads. Will our cars beat most cars on the road? Yes, but will we consistantly beat traditional muscle cars? Not likely, and unfortunately we will never beat a Vette or Viper :p
yeh, but who wants to go on any long road trip in a viper or vette??? i dont(tooo uncomfy)
Old 11-28-2001, 12:08 AM
Cruisin'

Muscle cars

This thread is great -- out of all the people who buy Mustangs and Camaros/ Firebirds, a big reason to get them is to stoplight race. However, as anyone who does this soon learns, there is always someone faster than you. Always. Which turns into an endless cycle of $$$ upgrades to eke out just a little more speed.

I traded a 2000 Camaro Z28 in for an '02 TL-S. The Camaro is an incredible car to drive. Most every other thing else about it is a compromise though -- small inside, large outside, hard to park, hard to see out of, iffy build quality. But that LS1 engine... :-)

-Karl
Old 11-28-2001, 07:17 AM
9th Gear

Karl O

You are right on it.

Can't put it any better than that.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:54 AM
Advanced

I agree as well, very well put!

To respond to "SYSTEK", older vettes are not that comforatable, however the newer C-5 are surprizingly comfy. To be honest mine is not, but that is only because I made it that way for performance reasons. Thus the reason I bought the TL-S. For long distance business trips this car is fantastic.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

That 302ft pounds of torque is another huge factor too..... That and the manual tranny is gonna leave you hurtin'.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:58 PM
9th Gear

Nitro, what have you done to that vette?

Is that thing a handfull?? I imagine is not very driavable on a daily basis.

But fun fun fun.