Moonroof rattles again! After fix! What dealer said.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 02:33 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by nickchop
Wow people on this forum can't take anyone complaining about the lack of quality Acura has. Stop saying "all cars have this problem" because they don't. Some do but most don't. The Acura TL-s is an average car that we pay a little too much for with all of the little things that go wrong. I for one would have paid 25% more for a higher quality brand. Sorry for all you ricers out there, but it is a fact.

um... whatever... god you give TL owners a bad name and I hope you dont start pulling this crap in the MDX forums...
Old 03-08-2003, 02:57 AM
...and then there was One

Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
My dad won't need navigation. He's the smartest guy I know with directions (and other things). Having two engineering degrees, he just takes everything in like a machine. It scares me sometimes.

Why do you say it's Ford of Europe?

With ride-height-adjustable suspension, 310-hp V8, awesome interior, good-looking exterior coupled with good fit and finish, I think it'll be a great car. My pops can save at least a few thousand dollars if he bought a GM car, because he has a lot of GM card earnings. But he's opting for the Toureg, or the MDX. He has a Tahoe right now, and he's not exactly happy with it.
Your dad is the smartest guy you know... 2 engineering degrees... yet, he still bought a GM?? Things don't add up.

Just kidding.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Racer

Originally posted by y2ks2k

um... whatever... god you give TL owners a bad name and I hope you dont start pulling this crap in the MDX forums...
Some people are not happy unless they're complainin'. "I just bought a Mercedes 600SST with robonav, microwave/intercooler, dvd with the windshied bigscreen, and the rearseat toilet doesn't flush. I'm sorry, but these are just average 600's that we pay too much for--next time I'm spending 25% more and getting a Maybach" :flamer:
Old 03-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Racer

To TL loyalists - no matter what,

I simply said my car had squeaks, transmission failed and things popped off. Give a suggestion on how to explain similar problems to other members and not get lit up by flamers.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Racer

Originally posted by nickchop
To TL loyalists - no matter what,

I simply said my car had squeaks, transmission failed and things popped off. Give a suggestion on how to explain similar problems to other members and not get lit up by flamers.
This is an Acura TL forum: almost everyone here enjoys our cars, and no, the TL isn't "perfect," but most of us are very pleased with them every day we drive.
Now about the flaming, saying things like "There are major quality control problems with the TL" and calling us "ricers" (that one wasn't you) is generalizing all Acura owners and opens you up to a flame. You are entitled to your opinion, but don't expect all of us to agree with you.
If you have a problem, stating what it is and adding comments amounting to "these are cr@ppy cars" and the owners are "ricers" will get you flamed every time. Simply state what you have wrong, and ask. Many of us are willing to help.
If you are that displeased, the place to be speaking with is Acura headquarters or your consumer affairs agency, possibly to begin a lemon-law proceeding with your vehicle. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:24 AM
2002 TL Type S

Good point TL-S Man. It's good to post flaws whether we are happy or not with Acura. That way we can all see if it's a freak occurence or something that is quite common with the TL. As for the moonroof, it's not just a freak occurence it's definitely a general TL flaw.

Personally, I can live with the minor flaws my TL-S has. I love the TL-S interior, the styling, the HP, and the smooth powertrain. Now that Acura is covering the transmission problems I'm not worried.

As for all cars having flaws - either cosmetic or mechanical, I haven't encountered a car YET that didn't at least have some sort of minor flaw. My previous Nissan Altima had a problem with water leaking into the trunk, my current 93 Mustang had only a couple cosmetic problems and a door lock actuator fail, that's it.

.. and finally, my previous 98 Ford Explorer had MANY problems - at $30K you wouldn't expect to constantly have a wheel balance problem or a stalling problem would you? And I could only get $17K out of it three years after I purchased it. Talk about horrible resale value.

K&N Filter
Kenny Brown Subframes
Eibach Pro Springs
Steeda Camber Plates
Baumann Shift Kit
3:73 Motorsport Gears
ADS Computer Chip
Motorsport Pulleys
1.5" Mach I Ram Air Hood
Flowmaster 2.5" Exhaust

Old 03-13-2003, 03:03 PM
9th Gear

Sqeaky roof

I had a aqeaky sunroof, as well. I took my 03 TL-S to Montclair Acura and they added some lubricants. I have not heard a sqeak since.