Which model and year should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which model and year should i get?

Hey all i am new to this forum but i have been reading for a couple of weeks and decieded to register yesterday. i am VERY interested in the Tl's but i am scared of all the talk of the trannies. i just totalled my 00' mazda 626 and that cars (made by the greatest FORD) trans is a piece of shit and they have problems with going out. but enough talk about that car because i like TL's and i wana get one BUT i see many of them for sale but i see 99's 00's 01's 02's and 2003's but what year did the people who make the tranny start smokin crack i just came across a 99 online at a local dealer for 12,995 and "looks" flawless from the pic but on that website all the preowned cars dont show mileage and i am kind of scared to look at it and to be honest folks im tryin to be a "baller on a budget" so i am looking to get the best deal i can on this vehicle and i DONT Want anymore TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!!! now if you folks know and this is not something you would step into knowing i dont make alot and just want a luxury car but not big pricey repairs such as the trans let me know if you would get one or not...... i need opinions i drove the car LOVE IT its quick keeps my insurance down causse the 4 doors ( im 19) and i have room for my son and he can ride in STYLE lol!

thanks Fellas
and ladies!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by VITEK
Hey all i am new to this forum but i have been reading for a couple of weeks and decieded to register yesterday. i am VERY interested in the Tl's but i am scared of all the talk of the trannies. i just totalled my 00' mazda 626 and that cars (made by the greatest FORD) trans is a piece of shit and they have problems with going out. but enough talk about that car because i like TL's and i wana get one BUT i see many of them for sale but i see 99's 00's 01's 02's and 2003's but what year did the people who make the tranny start smokin crack i just came across a 99 online at a local dealer for 12,995 and "looks" flawless from the pic but on that website all the preowned cars dont show mileage and i am kind of scared to look at it and to be honest folks im tryin to be a "baller on a budget" so i am looking to get the best deal i can on this vehicle and i DONT Want anymore TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!!! now if you folks know and this is not something you would step into knowing i dont make alot and just want a luxury car but not big pricey repairs such as the trans let me know if you would get one or not...... i need opinions i drove the car LOVE IT its quick keeps my insurance down causse the 4 doors ( im 19) and i have room for my son and he can ride in STYLE lol!

thanks Fellas
and ladies!!!!
deyum 19 and already a father? good to see your doin rite at least. neways, the 99 is the year that had no problems. 00-03 are the years where trannies started "smokin crack"
Old 07-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Banned

I wouldn't say the 99 trans doesn't have any trans problems at all but generally speaking.....you will see less trans failures on the 1999 TL. Thats why the 1999 TL wasn't orig. included in the 7yrs/100k miles extended warranty for trans. but they were after much bishing from 99 TL owners. Just make sure the car you buy isn't close to 100k miles and you wouldn't have to worry that much about it. I owned my 1999 TL for 5 yrs and 65k miles and the trans is still running smooth. I highly recommend the TL. I also have a 2003 Accord EX, orig. I was suppose to trade my TL in but I love it so much that I fianced.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VITEK

thanks Fellas
and ladies!!!!
There are many other vehicle out there that are more reliable...look around.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:24 AM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a 99 Tl, 88k, absolutely no problems with tranny, take good care of a car and it will take care of you. for 12,995 on 99 TL not bad price, i bet mileage is north of 80k though. So keep in mind TL's are very reliable no matter the tranny issue the engines never die. 99 TL have minimal tranny issues 00-03 trannys big trouble. TL's are also very safe vehicles, that was one of the reasons I bought mine, I am 25 and have a 6yr old. So I was 19 when I had a kid too. Good for you bro! You can find great deals on 99 TL's check internet sites like Autoweb.com, vehix.com, if you haven't already thats how I found my car. 12,995 if you have 2k down and you got okay credit you're looking at about 300-325/m maybe less if you're lucky. I used to be a car dealer and I am now a lease broker, so I not just pulling bullshit numbers out of the air. Insurance on TL's is low too, because they all come stock with a passive alarm and security features, not to mention high safety ratings and actually fairly low theft stats. Go for the TL its the best value out there in my opinion and the SportsShifter is very fun is you use it correctly. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Instructor

My 99 TL clocked 118000 miles yesterday and she has been smooth sailing all the way. Love that car. Da best IMO
Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda Lover

<- '99 TL w/regular oil and tranny fluid changes.... 146k miles and never a day in the shop. Hondas freaking rule.