MOD: Kenwood DDX7015 installed, video of it in action

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOD: Kenwood DDX7015 installed, video of it in action

you guys will need the xvid codec in order to watch. it was the only way to shrink this fawker down to 2.3mb. originally it was 19mb

video here

enjoy, here are some install pics. i haven't gotten time to go back home to get the trim for the headunit. the dash kit hasn't been primered yet either...just got lazy and started putting everything back together. looks "ok" right now with just the wetsanding, but i'm going to retouch it once i get some more free time. i had to put everything back before i went back to work so .... whatever i have right now is the best i could do

Old 02-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Question

nice work, how much did the unit cost you if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Rollin'... White 2 seater

ddx7015

Lookks good bro, i had mine put i a few eeks back. The f'n install guy didnt put the card holder back in but he did do a good job color matching. I guess one day I will go to someone else and have then put it in with the card holder. But great job. Did you get eth navi or cd changer to go along with it?
Old 02-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

hey let me ask you something...

when you are watching a movie, everytime it goes to the next chapter in the movie... do the information lines (i dont know exactly what they are called) come up?

when i am watching a dvd movie, everytime the next chapter comes up, the two lines on the top and the bottom of the screen show up. i dont know how to disable that option (is it even an option?) and it pisses me off.

any clues?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:22 AM
WDP Is Faster

Nice install man. But I gotta ask you..why you wearing such good clothes to install an in dash screen ?? haha
Old 02-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Napsoner
nice work, how much did the unit cost you if you dont mind me asking?
it was a handoff from my younger brother. he sold his 350z so he sold it off to me for 7 bills.

Originally Posted by bdubfosho
Lookks good bro, i had mine put i a few eeks back. The f'n install guy didnt put the card holder back in but he did do a good job color matching. I guess one day I will go to someone else and have then put it in with the card holder. But great job. Did you get eth navi or cd changer to go along with it?
i did not get the navi, because it was expensive as a mofo! hehe, but i do have a ipaq 1945 with a bluetooth gps system that i use for my navi. the total for the system was less than what i would pay for the navi for the kenwood. The plus side with that is that i can take it into any car and still use the navigation function.

Originally Posted by car_lost
hey let me ask you something...

when you are watching a movie, everytime it goes to the next chapter in the movie... do the information lines (i dont know exactly what they are called) come up?

when i am watching a dvd movie, everytime the next chapter comes up, the two lines on the top and the bottom of the screen show up. i dont know how to disable that option (is it even an option?) and it pisses me off.

any clues?
haven't really noticed it myself. but if you touch the screen it disappears. let me go out and check it out real quick.

okay just went to the car, it does show the info screen. it goes away after a few seconds though. but you can also touch the lower middle part of the screen and it goes away.

Originally Posted by reloaded
Nice install man. But I gotta ask you..why you wearing such good clothes to install an in dash screen ?? haha
it was cold! just a turtle neck, no biggie
Old 02-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TommiGSR
haven't really noticed it myself. but if you touch the screen it disappears. let me go out and check it out real quick.

okay just went to the car, it does show the info screen. it goes away after a few seconds though. but you can also touch the lower middle part of the screen and it goes away.
yea, but that shit is annoying. if you find out a way for it to not come up at all in the middle of a movie...PLEASE let me know.