Metro Acura (MOntclair)has issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 10:24 AM

Post Metro Acura (MOntclair)has issues

Went by Metro Acura to check their inventory. THey had only one black TL-s on the lot. Nice color combo. SO I asked for a drive and the grumpy bearded older man said the car was sold and that the guy was going to pick it up later that afternnon. Well two days later it is still there. Speaking to another "even grumpier" guy, he said the car was not sold and it was available. This guy was very hesitant to give a test drive also. Now im no kid that rolled up in some dropped Civic looking for a joy ride. Im a guy with cash in bank. But this place left a very sour taste in my mouth, so I left to never return. Their behavior and attitude really turned me off and this should explain why they have a tiny little lot tucked in the back corner of a Honda dealership. Any recommendations on where to go for some proper service with a professional sale staff? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:37 AM

Try South Coast Acura, see John or Thomas Acura in Covina, see Chris. Both are the internet sales guys. Both are good guys who do upfront fair deals.

I was turned off by Metro too. They claim to be the 8th largest dealer in volume in the US. Big deal. I wasn't impressed. The service was like a used car lot.

The market is tight right now on TL-S's. It seems to be hit and miss on the inventory levels depending on who you talk to. Its just your basic economics my man. Supply and demand. Supply up - prices down and vice versa. I think we're in a supply down prices up mode right now. Hang out. It will change. I think the recent recalls have something to do with the supply issue. Patience and persistence will get you what you want at the price you want.

The car will be just as nice down the road as it is now.

Good luck and happy hunting.

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S
Navigation System
White Diamond Pearl
Factory Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Wheel Locks
Mud Flaps
Old 05-22-2001, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also get an inventory check at:
http://www.valenciaacura.com

Ask for Tony if you call. Tell him its a reference from the guy who traded in his '99 TL.
Old 05-22-2001, 07:22 PM
Instructor

I liked the guys at Acura 101 in Thousand Oaks. Even the ppl at Santa Monica Acura were nice, but I had just sent them a custom that bought an MDX and that was where I got my GS-R

------------------
Photoshop Chop Shop
------------------
Old 05-22-2001, 11:21 PM
Racer

If you go to Thomas...stay away from the asian salesman...i don't know how many they have on their staff...but he left a very sour taste in my mouth as well...but Chris there does seem more professional so check him out and I also hear you can't go wrong w/ John at South Coast Acura
Old 05-22-2001, 11:29 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Montclair and Clairmont dealers suck egg. When I was looking for a car a couple years ago, they treated me like I was some HS kid. I mean, i was only looking for a used compact car to replace a 89 tracel. Just because I drove a beater there doesn't mean I didn't have money to spend.

I don't know what's up with that area, they just have no respect for people.

I ended up goint to Tustin Acura and picking up a used toyota. They were pretty good. I think the dealers more south seem more willing to deal with you..

------------------
June 10, 11AM - N. Cali / Bay Area Meet - Click Here!
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>2001 SSM. 02 tails, 02 vent trim, burlwood knob.

Mods? What mods? I can't afford mods, I'm getting married!!
Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 05-22-2001, 11:38 PM
8th Gear

yeah they were a tight ass on a ride in the tl-s. even though i bought a cl-s from them.

idiots. and there is an old guy that's stingy on the test drive too.

if you check the back lot, there are tons of tl-s's.
Old 05-23-2001, 01:08 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bought mine from acura of pasadena...jack oh was my sales agent. the buy went well and it was quick...i recommend giving him a try if you are anywhere close to pasadena. let him know stanman sent you or stan with the abp tl-s.

jack oh

ps. forget sierra acura!!!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 01:35 AM

I also got my 2002 TL-S at Pasadena Acura. They did a fairly good job there. They are a rather small dealership. So they have to give a better service.

Old 05-23-2001, 06:18 AM

Wink

That does it.....after reading all of these posts one thing is perfectly clear. All of these salespeople were men! I need to march right on down to my Acura dealer and demand a job. I think Acura needs more women salespeople, and come to think of it, there is not ONE from the dealership I bought my TL from. I have my first service call tomorrow (window recall and 1st oil change)so I'll see what the job qualifications are. If you have to be rude, inconsiderate, demeaning and have a "I-don't give a shit attitude" I don't think they'll hire me. I'll keep you posted
Old 05-23-2001, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 87 Posts
I've had good experiences at Peyton-Cramer Acura in Torrance. It makes sense, because all the Acura execs get their cars there. I've never seen so many NSX's on a lot!

------------------
Why doesn't everybody make cars as well as Acura?
Old 05-23-2001, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Exclamation

If you went to Metro Acura in Montclair you should have talked with Julie Kim, the fleet manager. Forget the other salespeople there.

------------------
2002 Type-S Dark Emerald Pearl Non-Nav
Old 05-23-2001, 11:47 PM
Pro

Acura of Pasadena had the best service in town. Too bad when I bought my TL-S, it didn't have it in stock. I bought 2 Integra from this dealer before. Now, the service department had a new layout. It is even better.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Parchment Leather