Megan Racing header (Please look if you have them)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLAMMED_WDP_TLS
will the new downpipe solve both the clearing of the oil pan AND the buzzing noise that everyone has. THANKS I am still wiating for mine. Hopefully it will come in soon
i got new downpipe installed today. Don't know what buzzing sound ur talking about cuz i never had it with the original downpipe, my only problem was the rubbing against oil pan and a slight leak at the gaskets where one of the upper manifolds met the downpipe.

New downpipe installed today, no problems. Clears the oil pan perfectly and the new gaskets for the downpipe they sent stopped the leaking. No resonance with the new one, my mechanic tightened the bolts very well, but if i do get any Im sure ill just have to take it back to get it retightened.

Edit: Thanks to keepingitclean for excellent customer service from Megan, 2omrrow i get my megan crank pulley installed =]
Old 03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keepingitclean, thanks for all your help. I received both replacement downpipes today. That was real quick. Thanks again.

Mike
Old 03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Advanced

keepingitclean, thanks as well. Received the downpipe today. Great service!!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Got my downpipe also today, i really just hope it solves the leakage and resonance problem. then ill be a very happy camper
Old 03-23-2005, 08:39 PM
All go, no show

Received new downpipe today. I was told by Megan that I'd receive a new set? They took down my CC info too, just to make sure i'd send back my old headers... odd. I better not get a bill for it! I really hope this eliminates the buzzing resonance i've been having.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Racer

recied the downpipe today thankyou much my car is still in the bodyshop after the huge accident it had but i hope it solves the problem
Old 03-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Racer

I received my d-pipe yesterday. Having it installed today.

Thanks alot keepinitclean!

I'll let you know how it turns out later tonight.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:47 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Might as well add to the list..

I've recieved my down pipe yesterday too... and I'm in Canada.

Thanks again Keepinitclean.....

RF
Old 03-24-2005, 06:27 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Anyone install it yet? Did it solve the probs? I'm going to be installing it probably on sunday.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by BLaCk Acc
Anyone install it yet? Did it solve the probs? I'm going to be installing it probably on sunday.
Bad news gents. I had my d-pipe installed by my dealership last night because I wanted it 'done right'. Now the buzzing/resonance is even worse!

I am not sure what to do now.

The dealership originally said I had a slight exhaust leak somewhere after I had my original set of headers installed by another performance shop. So when they did their work last night, they took off the headers too and installed the new header gaskets at no cost (real cool of them).

So basically, I had the entire header system re-installed with all the new gaskets and the new d-pipe, by a dealership. But now, when I accelerate and from a stop and turn left, the buzzing/resonance is real bad. Accelerating straight I only hear it slightly.

SIGH.....anyone else experiencing this?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Racer

ahh this scares me!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:23 PM
All go, no show

I have REALLY bad resonance at all RPMs except idle.... I have the new downpipe, but I don't know if it's really worth getting it installed if it doesn't fix anything.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
I have REALLY bad resonance at all RPMs except idle.... I have the new downpipe, but I don't know if it's really worth getting it installed if it doesn't fix anything.
Not sure what to tell you....? I would go ahead and try getting the new one installed just to see what happens. You may get entirely different results. G/L.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:47 PM
i

just wondering...neone get a noise that sounds like a blow of air when accelerating quickly? could this be a leaking sound? I know when the last downpipe was on it leaked at the gasket on the downpipe and the sound was like a blow of air but with a ticking added to it.

is this new air blowing sound just normal? ive heard ppl say headers make a sound kinda like a woosh of air.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Racer

yes i have the like high piched air blowing sound and i hate it! i also have the enourmous resonation sound and i hate it! at all rpms so i am simp0ly praying to god that this new downpipe does something any words on this keepingitclean?
Old 03-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Racer

A lot of people need to retorque their bolts and also use the gaskets PROVIDED. NOT the stock ones
The air blowing noise is NORMAL due to increase in air flow and better flowing design(kinda like a supercharger sound). This is not a leaking noise. People with previous header experience should confirm this. However, if installed correctly, the leaking sound and oil pan clearance will be eliminated. Make sure the gaskets are installed the right way, meaning they fit is flush with the holes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by keepingitclean
A lot of people need to retorque their bolts and also use the gaskets PROVIDED. NOT the stock ones
The air blowing noise is NORMAL due to increase in air flow and better flowing design(kinda like a supercharger sound). This is not a leaking noise. People with previous header experience should confirm this. However, if installed correctly, the leaking sound and oil pan clearance will be eliminated. Make sure the gaskets are installed the right way, meaning they fit is flush with the holes
but is it going to solve the resonance problem too??
Old 03-27-2005, 02:54 AM
i

alright good to know. Yea the previous gaskets didnt line up correctly. So far my new downpipe is working great, jus needa retorque the bolts slightly.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Racer

keepingitclean u also sent me new gaskets but when they came they were completly bent and deformed but i dont know if this is a necessity can i just use the gaskets from my first set of headers that are already on the car?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Racer

Still getting a tinny vibrating noise when I am turning and accelerating at the same time with this new d-pipe. Accelerating straight its not as bad.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Racer

Retorque the bolts and make SURE the gaskets are lined up correctly. Each gasket is made specific to each header connection. Its very crucial to find the exact match.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Racer

keepingitclean do u have anyword on me resusing my first set of gaskets?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Racer

Retorque the bolts and make SURE the gaskets are lined up correctly. Each gasket is made specific to each header connection. Its very crucial to find the exact match.
What do you mean retorque the bolts.....? I JUST had them torqued to specs by a dealership.

And if it is CRUCIAL to find the exact gasket then maybe MEGAN should start labeling them with L & R, or F & B (although I cant imagine it would really matter all that much). I mean the gaskets are virtually the same for each side of the engine right?

But like I said mine were installed by a dealership, everything is torqued properly and it still aint right. Don't get me wrong I still love MEGAN for all their support. If the noise I am getting doesn't subside in a couple days, I will take it back and have it redone cuz it really sounds awful when I'm accelerating thru a turn.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elementz
What do you mean retorque the bolts.....? I JUST had them torqued to specs by a dealership.

And if it is CRUCIAL to find the exact gasket then maybe MEGAN should start labeling them with L & R, or F & B (although I cant imagine it would really matter all that much). I mean the gaskets are virtually the same for each side of the engine right?

But like I said mine were installed by a dealership, everything is torqued properly and it still aint right. Don't get me wrong I still love MEGAN for all their support. If the noise I am getting doesn't subside in a couple days, I will take it back and have it redone cuz it really sounds awful when I'm accelerating thru a turn.
I wouldn't necessarily assume that a dealership torqued everything down to the right spec. Since most shops use air wrenches, they usually just tighten them by feel and don't always use a proper torque wrench. If I were you I'd take a torque wrench and just check that they were properly torqued.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Racer

Honestly, If you header sounds worse, theres something wrong with the installation. Many people have reported that the new downpipe clears the oil pan and improved resonance.

When i say line up correctly, I mean fitting it in the hole. If it doesnt fit perfectly one way, flip it over and put it in the other way.

If you were provided a new set of gaskets, use it. It doesnt matter if its bent, as long as its not ripped. The gaskets with heat will provide a good seal.

I would like to get one thing straight. People who purchased factory layout items or headers that were not labeled megan racing on the listing will not be covered under warranty. Those headers range from 140-175 shipped so watch out when you guys buy on ebay. Im getting complaint from people who think its unfair that they are not covered. The new megans run about 250-280 shipped on ebay just to let you guys know, so dont jump on deals that seems too good to be true.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts

I would like to get one thing straight. People who purchased factory layout items or headers that were not labeled megan racing on the listing will not be covered under warranty. Those headers range from 140-175 shipped so watch out when you guys buy on ebay. Im getting complaint from people who think its unfair that they are not covered. The new megans run about 250-280 shipped on ebay just to let you guys know, so dont jump on deals that seems too good to be true.
Alright...i really tried to get this to work out, but this is it.

It seems that Megan is not so true to their want to make customers happy as they tell us. In the first post from "keepingitclean", he said

https://acurazine.com/forums/show...99&page=1&pp=25
"If you have megan racing headers and are experiencing any type of problems such as rubbing, leaking or improper fitment, please contact me in the format below. Megan racing is thriving to improve their quality and customer satisfaction. They are providing FREE replacement and FREE shipping of the downpipe without having you to send in your old one. They newly developed downpipe can take care of the problems listed above. Only about 3-4 sets of header are reported to be defective but needs to be taken care of. Lastly, even if you are passed the warranty period, feel free to contact me because you are covered.

***This limits to the v6 headers only.

1. Name
2. Address for the downpipe to be shipped
3. Contact number
4. Date of purchase
-proof of receipt(can be from ebay or vendor)
5. Type of problem

***Please sticky this mod"

Now that I am trying to get him to cover what he offered, he says that since the auction did not say "Megan", there is no warranty (even thought I got all of the Megan documentation with the shipment).....additionally, he now states that since there is no warranty (which it never states in the auction) they will not cover the problem with the oil pan. But in his first post he states that warranty, even out of warranty, is covered.

I really think this comes down to Megan realizing they screwed up the design, and they are trying to screw people who are purchasing them after the fact.

I realize I am fucked, and that is fine. I just hope NO ONE else purchases their products. They seem to say one thing regarding customer satisfaction, and then bend you over once they have your money.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Racer

I want to make this clear and simple for you Jared.
I believe you need to contact your ebay seller first before you start accusing me. Im here to help, but there are some guidelines I need to follow by. People who received their downpipes can agree with me. Its not fair for people who spent almost 300 dollars to be receiving a defected megan product when it was listed as a regular product not layout. Thats where I come in and replace the downpipe and gaskets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7961851225
THis is the place you purchased your item. In your case its totally differnt. First of all, the description DOESNT mention that the headers are megan. This is because the seller know the products are not perfect and therefore cannot use megans name on there becaus megan will not honor its warranty. Also, the description states clearly that it only fits accord v6. Ive made threads on this site before letting all of you guys know that tl and v6 accord are different except for the new batch which will fit all.

I understand you are mad at megan or at me. You cant expect the product to be the same. Its like going to a swapmeet. They sell products that doesnt meet the brands standards and therefore sell them for half price. You cant go back to the product's brand and claim that the product suck. Now on ebay, if you type in megan accord header, a legit batch of megans will show up and will state that it fits accord/cl/tl. The price is 265 plus 25 shipping. You cant really expect paying 150 shipped and get the same product with warranty.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Racer

I would like to emphasize the fact that the headers were NOT listed as megans.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Racer

The headers were listed as a factory close out item
The headers were listed to only fit accords
The headers does not have the megan parts number
Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Racer

Megan doesnt bend you over after they get your money. If this the case then why are people receiving new downpipes and gaskets?

I would like to modify your statement. I hope no one else buys products that are priced too good to be true. I also hope people read the ebay listings carefully before purchasing. I hope people dont expect clost out defected products to be the same as products costing twice the amount. To sum it up, make sure you buy from an authorized dealer.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Meat stick

I want to make this clear and simple for you Jared.
I believe you need to contact your ebay seller first before you start accusing me. Im here to help, but there are some guidelines I need to follow by. People who received their downpipes can agree with me. Its not fair for people who spent almost 300 dollars to be receiving a defected megan product when it was listed as a regular product not layout. Thats where I come in and replace the downpipe and gaskets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7961851225
THis is the place you purchased your item. In your case its totally differnt. First of all, the description DOESNT mention that the headers are megan. This is because the seller know the products are not perfect and therefore cannot use megans name on there becaus megan will not honor its warranty. Also, the description states clearly that it only fits accord v6. Ive made threads on this site before letting all of you guys know that tl and v6 accord are different except for the new batch which will fit all.

I understand you are mad at megan or at me. You cant expect the product to be the same. Its like going to a swapmeet. They sell products that doesnt meet the brands standards and therefore sell them for half price. You cant go back to the product's brand and claim that the product suck. Now on ebay, if you type in megan accord header, a legit batch of megans will show up and will state that it fits accord/cl/tl. The price is 265 plus 25 shipping. You cant really expect paying 150 shipped and get the same product with warranty.
So it's ok that Megan sells what YOU ave described as a defective product without revealing that to the consumer? That's called fraud, my friend. And the fact that you all grind down the megan nameplate (poorly , I might add; i can still read it), does not allow you to sell something as new and not warranty it, unless you explicitly state that there is no warranty. Also in that vein, if circuit city was clearancing out a radio, would you not expect the same warranty as if they had just gotten the model in? Also, what do you think would happen if they sold defective products without disclosing that?

I am not mad at anything; I am irritated that you and your Co. make statements about your products and the service, and then reneg. I relied on your offer when purchasing these, and then it's gone. I realize I will most likely need to replace these sooner rather than later, and that is my problem. BUT no one else on this board should have to worry about this with a company who tells half-truths.

And the fact that it says AV6 only is a bit misleading.....most of the Stone, OBX, etc. header auctions only refer to the AV6, while they ALL fit our cars fine (as far as the piping is concerned). Additionally, while this is splitting hairs, the wording of the auction is a bit misleading...the word "ONLY" modifies V6, not accord.

All I want is to make sure that people here do not get screwed by this like I did. I would ask that those who want Megan (and would spend ~$300 for them) should go to a company like OBX or Stone who may not try and wiggle out of customer service.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Meat stick

The headers were listed as a factory close out item
The headers were listed to only fit accords
The headers does not have the megan parts number
Factory close out means nothing unless you tell them that means no warranty...it simply means they will not be made anymore

"Only" modified V6, not accord

Interesting that my invoice used part # MRHDHA9802v6 (I read that as Megan Racing HeaDer Honda Accord 98-02 V6)...also, I got Megan racing warranty info and stickers with the package.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Racer

1) You need to understand MEGAN did NOT sell you the headers. So its not okay for megan to sell you a defected product. Thats why this thread was even made, to take care of the problem.
2) You need to understand the product was not listed as megan headers to begin with because they cannot sell defected products as megans and even attempted to grind off the nameplate to sell as a no name.
3) A lot of the misleading infos were POSTED by the ebay seller not Megan.

I dont understand why dont you go back to the ebay store you bought it from. The seller was well informed of what they need to do. They know for a fact that megan doesnt provide these headers with warranty. Instead youre here bashing a brand that wasnt even involved in the transaction.

This situation has no correlation with circuit city because megan did not sale you this product. The fact that they attempted to grind off the nameplate and fail to provide the brand should say something to you doesnt it?

I understand you are mad. But I truly believe you are mad at the wrong party. You should go bash the store that sold it to you. They were the ones that mislead you not me. Stop blaming on other people.

Lastly, Im gonna try to do something within my power to help you out. I dont know if its gonna work but I will try.

To be honest witih you, you need to stop blaming everything on other people. You went for a cheap set of headers that were not listed as megans and was lsited as factory closeout. The listing doesnt contain any parts number or warranty info that correlates itself with megan. You pretty much ran into problems and saw since they were suppose to be megans, ran on here and start attacking the brand because they wont honor your defected set.
You have the right to tel people to go to stone or AW or whatevers. But to me thats just straight out immaturity because you didnt even purchase a REAL set to begin with so I dont know where you comments are coming from. I assume its from your defected set?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM
All go, no show

^^ First off, buying things off ebay is NOT like buying from a store. I think the auction did not advertise the headers as Megans and called it a "closeout" sale for a reason.

Secondly, the fact that the nameplate has been altered pretty much tells you the manufacturer will not take liability for defects. It's like shopping at an outlet mall.. they cut/mark the labels on things there for a reason. For example, my northface fleece has a permanent marking on the label; i paid less for this fleece because it's not in any way covered by Northface's lifetime warranty.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Meat stick

1) You need to understand MEGAN did NOT sell you the headers. So its not okay for megan to sell you a defected product. Thats why this thread was even made, to take care of the problem.
2) You need to understand the product was not listed as megan headers to begin with because they cannot sell defected products as megans and even attempted to grind off the nameplate to sell as a no name.
3) A lot of the misleading infos were POSTED by the ebay seller not Megan.

To be honest witih you, you need to stop blaming everything on other people. You went for a cheap set of headers that were not listed as megans and was lsited as factory closeout. The listing doesnt contain any parts number or warranty info that correlates itself with megan. You pretty much ran into problems and saw since they were suppose to be megans, ran on here and start attacking the brand because they wont honor your defected set.
You have the right to tel people to go to stone or AW or whatevers. But to me thats just straight out immaturity because you didnt even purchase a REAL set to begin with so I dont know where you comments are coming from. I assume its from your defected set?
I am not blaming this on others; i accept that i fucked up in not investigating deeply enough. BUT, that does not absolve Megan from putting defective product into the stream of commerce. Whether Megan sold them or a third party sold them, Megan put them into the stream of commerce, and legally that binds them to any third party sale.

Also, the fact that there was warranty information given with the headers shows that someone thought they should have a warranty...and how would the ebay seller have those cards to give unless Megan supplied them when he purchased them from Megan?

All of this is irrelevent. I am upset not b/c they hit, and not because they do not come with a warranty, but rather that the info you posted and told me in PM was incomplete. There was no discussion of authorized sellers or warranty issues. Your post and subsequent PM's led me to the belief that this purchase would not be a problem in dealing with it. I guess there was some miscommunication there.

I am not trying to bash Megan's name, b/c as I have posted before with the exception of the oil pan problem they are a very well built set of headers. But I expect that when a representative discusses how a problem with those headers is going to be solved that there will be no omissions as to the specifics of that subsequent transaction. Additionally, the fact that I did not buy them from Megan seems irrelevent, since you included ebay auctions in you first post as to the places they could be purchased.

Either way, I am sorry if I flew off the deep end, but this all could have been resolved in the first place with a little more precise details on your part and perhaps a bit more in-depth investigation on my part.

Regardless, if my situation helps one other here not get into this problem by at least allowing the full details of the "recall" to surface, that is good for the rest of the AZ community.

Thanks for trying to get this handled for me. I hold no grudge against yourself or anyone at Megan.....but in the future if you are going to do something like this make sure it is precise and complete....there are over 60,000 members here, and widespread mis-information can be very bad.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Meat stick

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
^^ First off, buying things off ebay is NOT like buying from a store. I think the auction did not advertise the headers as Megans and called it a "closeout" sale for a reason.

Secondly, the fact that the nameplate has been altered pretty much tells you the manufacturer will not take liability for defects. It's like shopping at an outlet mall.. they cut/mark the labels on things there for a reason. For example, my northface fleece has a permanent marking on the label; i paid less for this fleece because it's not in any way covered by Northface's lifetime warranty.
So anything you buy of ebay you expect to not come with any warranty? That seems pretty foolish (perhaps as foolish as buying $150 headers.. )

And I had no way of knowing that the nameplate was altered until I recieved the headers.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Racer

You being fair on your part is very cool
Ill try my best to help you out. Ive already talked to megan and they said youre not covered. The best I can do right now is wait a few weeks and then without asking just send you a set. Im not sure if this is gonna work but Ill try.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:12 AM
B A N N E D

Can you just send me a set without asking too?

On a more serious note, can I purchase one directly from you?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:32 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by lookinco
Can you just send me a set without asking too?

On a more serious note, can I purchase one directly from you?

keepingitclean
Is there a way we can buy directly from you, I do not want to go through all of this, I want the right ones one time around.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Meat stick

guys, I would take this to PM...remember, he is not a vendor, and he could get for this kind of stuff

Quick Reply: Megan Racing header (Please look if you have them)