marked street racer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd
I don't know man, I disagree.

The risk is there every time you get behind the wheel, true. But racing just increases the risk that you injure/kill someone else. Its not about their decision to race, I could care less. It's when you put others in danger, that's idiotic
i see your point... but i think people talking/texting on the phone causes more wrecks then people racing straight lines on hwy's. usually lasting only 15 seconds or less.

your in more danger every day from retards that just cant drive rather than two guys speeding off at a light in front of you.

id rather have a guy/guys next to me going over the speed limit and paying attention to the road rather than somebody LOL'ing to their friend and staring at their lap or parents discipling their children in the back seat at 75 mph on I-10

Last edited by Rockstar21; 08-05-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Bonki' Ehrite!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockstar21
i see your point... but i think people talking/texting on the phone causes more wrecks then people racing straight lines on hwy's. usually lasting only 15 seconds or less.

your in more danger every day from retards that just cant drive rather than two guys speeding off at a light in front of you.

id rather have a guy/guys next to me going over the speed limit and paying attention to the road rather than somebody LOL'ing to their friend and staring at their lap or parents discipling their children in the back seat at 75 mph on I-10

I could not agree more. Well said.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idiot?

crashing is just part of racing... happens on the street, the strip and the road course. nothing you can do to avoid it. its all chance.

is racing on the street as smart as the track? definately not...
but i've witnessed a death in a sanctioned event.

it doesnt make you an idiot because you've crashed and still race.
surfers surf after losing an arm to a shark. skydivers jump after main shoots dont open and they break legs and ribs. its doing something you like.

you take a risk just getting behind the wheel everyday, racing or not. so lets not mother anyone here. people here are old enough to decide for themselves what is stupid in their own lives.
i think at the most, theres a proper time and place for racing... just dont do it in rush hour or near main traffic areas, its stupid.

unless you've lost family members or have seen people die you wont understand.

its not about risking your life, its about taking innocent lives. Its considered murder, just as if you were to shoot someone with a gun.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMGala
spoka, what led you to watch this video anyways?
lol. I was bored so I started watching touge crashes and we all know how youtube is.. click after click I ended up spotting a second gen and couldn't help but posting
Old 08-06-2009, 08:38 AM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds like you've had some experience with douchebags who can't pay attention. lol Same here

I def. agree with the cell phone part. As for racing, as long as people are smart with the time/place they race, it's all good.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by TouringLow
i think at the most, theres a proper time and place for racing... just dont do it in rush hour or near main traffic areas, its stupid.

unless you've lost family members or have seen people die you wont understand.

its not about risking your life, its about taking innocent lives. Its considered murder, just as if you were to shoot someone with a gun.
Sorry for the OT guys.. but killing somebody in an accident is not murder. im sorry thats just so out of whack.. my cousin is a cop and has killed somebody in an accident while on duty rushing to a crimescene.. horrible experience.. but an accident is an accident.

murder is the intentional killing of somebody.. somebody acting inapropriately on the road and kills somebody is beyond words.. but they shouldnt be classified with people who have no soul...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
2G wanting 3G

Originally Posted by TouringLow
btw, where did you ship your car from to get it to germany?
the military picked up the bill
but the company was top notch.
when i got into my car everything from the floor mats, to cup holders, to ashtrays were gone and i was like WTFFFF!!!
everything was in a box in the trunk, taped and someone had signed their name across the tape.

top notch, i'll try and find the name of the company, PM me
Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
haha Sac PD FTL. Making me look bad out here.

I wonder where they got that pic from?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
DESI miern

LOL how do you damage ur fender and ONLY ur fender by street racing? wouldnt there be atleast a scratch on the front bumper? and if the cop is such an "expert" on modded cars and street racing, why doesnt he just tell the parents to look for obvious mods like I/H/P/SC or Turbos? who the hells gonna go look for a fuel regulator? nice post.. made me smile haha

and has anyone gone to watch the actual video on youtube? there are 2 dumbass kids beefin in the comments, shits hilarious !!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
dorifto.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
^ Had to say that twice to get it haha
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Sitting Fressshhh

@99

I love my TL as well, but of all the autos to ship to GERMANY (couldn't find an e90 or e36 or something?) why the tl? Unless you owned it before going to germany and couldn't live without it...

personally, I'd look into a EuroR or one of the NUMEROUS bmw or mercs that are so abundant in germany...

I remember going there for a class trip when I was in college and my buddy and I stole away and rented a first gen ('89) M5 and drove about 145 on the autobahn. I must say, craziest shit ever. I was getting passed by porsches and ferraris and lambos and shit going 180/190 and I thought I was fast at 145!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:09 AM
2G wanting 3G

Originally Posted by vdiddy210
@99
why the tl? Unless you owned it before going to germany and couldn't live without it...

personally, I'd look into a EuroR or one of the NUMEROUS bmw or mercs that are so abundant in germany...
145!
1. correct

2. i will forever stay with honda.
besides bmw and benz isnt like in the states. most out here are cloth interior with manual trans and diesel engine. besides maintenance on them is $$$, parts cost to much. plus military will not pay to ship euro spec vehicles back to states. and if you dont go to a certified dealer for EVERY SINGLE 30k 50k 75k 100k or whatever inspection your warranty is void. and being that the $1 is .67 euro!!! all that adds up

any other question?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 9932
1. correct

2. i will forever stay with honda.
besides bmw and benz isnt like in the states. most out here are cloth interior with manual trans and diesel engine. besides maintenance on them is $$$, parts cost to much. plus military will not pay to ship euro spec vehicles back to states. and if you dont go to a certified dealer for EVERY SINGLE 30k 50k 75k 100k or whatever inspection your warranty is void. and being that the $1 is .67 euro!!! all that adds up

any other question?
I think your the MAN, you shipped your TL to GERMANY, thas some REALshit, I Salute you!! Honda For life......
Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Ship me back a right hand drive m3 with a mail order bride in it.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Sitting Fressshhh

^^^Haha I guess it does...

and yeah, I know all about the cloth interiors for the german cars. It's alot like how Fords are nice in UK but pretty shit here.

I still wouldn't mind a stripper 1 series with the 3.5L turbo six.

I guess one more question, my good friend was station in Japan and he shipped a Stagea wagon (reall slick) RHD car back to the States. he told me the military paid the shipping and the legalization fees.

They don't do that in Europe??
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Sitting Fressshhh

And you must be pretty baller in Germany with one of the FEW acuras in the country