Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

Yep, three times we raced from a dead stop to like 120...It was so nasty, and it didn't help that the boy could shift either...I couldn't believe it, but 3 times he beat me at least 1-2 car lengths...Well i knew they were quick but I didn't think I would lose or lose that bad...At any rate, the races were fun and it makes me want a typeS so bad...I raced a 94 legend 4 door w/no mods and he was about dead even with my car the whole time...I couldn't believe that $hit...Anyways, I love my TL but I need more speed and $hit like losing to lude's and old legends rally pisses me off:yack:...Shyne
Old 04-02-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro

hey..dont be so down!! you win some and lose some!!
would ya feel better if i lost to a turbo dsm mirage? and i drive a supra!!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Advanced

hey Shyne

what kinds of mods do you have on your tl and what year?
peace
dAn
Old 04-02-2002, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

all I have is intake and exhaust...i dont think the spark plugs count, exhaust either...Intake really doesn't do $hit aparently because I practically ran dead even w/the legend...I stomped the gas thinking I was going to blow him out of the water, but to my surprise we were neck and neck to like 85 then I let off in disgrace:yack:...Shyne
Old 04-02-2002, 12:22 AM
BDI
Banned

Yeah Ludes are pretty quick especially with I/H/E. Time to get sum headers dog.

psykotic did you happen to be in Rockland this past Wed night?? I could have sworn I saw your supra at Dunkin' Donutz.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro

yup that was me! i think i was the only black supra there..and 2 other supras were green with stillen fronts. i ran my freinds supra that night and beat him..but lost to a mirage!! hehe..i knew i would lose though..i knew the guy and that car hauls major ass!!!

Originally posted by BDI
Yeah Ludes are pretty quick especially with I/H/E. Time to get sum headers dog.

psykotic did you happen to be in Rockland this past Wed night?? I could have sworn I saw your supra at Dunkin' Donutz.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:56 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shyne
all I have is intake and exhaust...i dont think the spark plugs count, exhaust either...Intake really doesn't do $hit aparently because I practically ran dead even w/the legend...I stomped the gas thinking I was going to blow him out of the water, but to my surprise we were neck and neck to like 85 then I let off in disgrace:yack:...Shyne
So you don't have I/H/E then :p

I seen prelude's with turbos. Do you think this one had one.

I raced a prelude before and the race was neck and neck, but he didn't killed me or aything.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:56 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

Yep, three times we raced from a dead stop to like 120...It was so nasty, and it didn't help that the boy could shift either...I couldn't believe it, but 3 times he beat me at least 1-2 car lengths...Well i knew they were quick but I didn't think I would lose or lose that bad...At any rate, the races were fun and it makes me want a typeS so bad...I raced a 94 legend 4 door w/no mods and he was about dead even with my car the whole time...I couldn't believe that $hit...Anyways, I love my TL but I need more speed and $hit like losing to lude's and old legends rally pisses me off:yack:...Shyne
Damn we need the avatars back....I cant tell if this is the Shyne I know cuz I could of sworn he only speaks in ebonics. :p I didnt even strain reading this one.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:41 AM
Instructor

preludes can do 0-60 in 6.7 sec I believe, what year do u have shyne? Type-S?
Old 04-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Wink

I used to have a 98 Prelude running 13s...
Old 04-02-2002, 11:42 AM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

i've lost to a lude too, it raped me from the start while i was still spinning my wheels, i don't know what it had besides the obvious i.e; exhast, by the way this was at one of the illiegal drag places...
Old 04-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Instructor

DO You guys have type-S???? (I guess we'll have to cut and paste our f'in tags)

99 TL
Old 04-02-2002, 11:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe you couldn't shift. Hehehe :p
Old 04-02-2002, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Re: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

Anyways, I love my TL but I need more speed and $hit like losing to lude's and old legends rally pisses me off:yack:...Shyne
There, there, Shyne, at least your car looks better than his. What happened to that guy who was thinking about buying your car anyway? If his offer is serious, that's your entree into a TL-S! Then you can show your 'lude friend who's boss.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:31 PM
USMC Butterbars

yo BDI and psychotic where in rockland u guys from??....how old are u? i live like 5 mins from rockland...on hte jerzee/NY border...
Old 04-02-2002, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

Originally posted by neuronbob

There, there, Shyne, at least your car looks better than his. What happened to that guy who was thinking about buying your car anyway? If his offer is serious, that's your entree into a TL-S! Then you can show your 'lude friend who's boss.
Nah, just get headers and NOS. And if you're freaky, you can add Comptech supercharger too. With all 3 HP mods, you'll eat Mustang 5.0 for breakfast, and Porches for lunch, Ferrari & Lamborghini for dinner. Only competition would be Kawasaki super bikes that go 0-100 kph in like 3.6 seconds.

But then again your tranny could blow up before you start the race!:p
Old 04-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

you must be stupid there are other fast cars out there.....most cars dont stay stock u know.and super bikes will be the only competition? uh huh....

Originally posted by patrick

Nah, just get headers and NOS. And if you're freaky, you can add Comptech supercharger too. With all 3 HP mods, you'll eat Mustang 5.0 for breakfast, and Porches for lunch, Ferrari & Lamborghini for dinner. Only competition would be Kawasaki super bikes that go 0-100 kph in like 3.6 seconds.

But then again your tranny could blow up before you start the race!:p
Old 04-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro

im in jerzy , pal pk.

Originally posted by shimbo519
yo BDI and psychotic where in rockland u guys from??....how old are u? i live like 5 mins from rockland...on hte jerzee/NY border...
Old 04-02-2002, 04:48 PM
BDI
Banned

I'm in Chestnut Ridge, Rockland.........where u at??
Old 04-02-2002, 05:02 PM
Safety Car

I raced a lude on the freeway starting from 80 mph. I beat him to 130 by just a little, by then time we hit 140 his rear bumper was even with my front bumper. Thats the fastest I've ever been in my TL. The lude surprised the shat out of me!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Drifting

Legends aren't exactly slow cars. Did you race the GS sedan? If so it has the Type II engine with 230hp. If it was a GS it also could have been a six speed. Even if it was an L or LS sedan, they still have 200hp and 210tq, not exactly slow. They will give a TLP a good run. If you were neck and neck, it is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Preludes are heavy cars, but they start out with 200hp VTEC. Slap on I/H/E and they are already up there with a TLP, plus they have a stick. No shame there either.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:48 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shyne, you don't need Headers to beat a Lude with I/H/E, you just need a 540

Yeah, those DOHC cars with I/H/E do some damage. When my TL just had Intake, this 98 GSR Integra with I/H/E "violated" me. At 80mph, he would pull away til we both got to about 120 but then I think he was letting off. He spanked me pretty bad. After I got I/H/E/VAFC, I couldn't find that same GSR...we both got mods at same speedshop.

BTW, a lude with a Turbo would have simply raped you. They can run low 13's all day long.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:08 PM
Ex-Acura Die Hard Veteran

I raced my friends prlude numerous times. He has I/H/E/chip. He kills me with stick. Only time I could get ajump on him was when hes spining from a light for a while in the rain. TCS is taken into acount there.

Dave
Old 04-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

yep, i saw under the hood all he had was intake and headers...he just really knew how to drive too...his lude was pretty fast...the legend on the other hand just pissed me off because he had no mods and he was running neck with me...i dont think the headers are worth it...if my car stays, ill keep it for floss...maybe get a lude for speed...Shyne
Old 04-02-2002, 11:07 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i raced with a lude shortly after I got my TL and i was raped. it was from 65 mph on and i guess my car couldn't let me downshift to 3rd. After that i never raced again.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro

Hey Shyne, There are a lot of cars out there that you can get just for speed, besides the lude!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:07 AM
USMC Butterbars

im from harrington park.....rockland is like 10mins away....im on 303 alot...going to the mall and such on the weekends...i hate Palisades center mall....friggin damn ppl DO NOT KNOW how to park....got my side dinged a few times.....never seen a TL on 303...you travel there at all?
Old 04-03-2002, 01:13 AM
BDI
Banned

im from harrington park.....rockland is like 10mins away....im on 303 alot...going to the mall and such on the weekends...i hate Palisades center mall....friggin damn ppl DO NOT KNOW how to park....got my side dinged a few times.....never seen a TL on 303...you travel there at all?
What's up dawg.........I'm on 303 all the time.......every been to "Lace"?? But yeah I hear ya, the mall is crazy packed on the weekends. I usually go and just make my own parkin' spot and hope I don't get a ticket or get towed. We should meet up sometime. BTW is your TL modded coz i've been seein' quite a few modded TL's around here lately. Before I was the only one.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro

i go up and down 303 south and north every sat/sun for work..and i pass by LACE hehe..
Old 04-03-2002, 01:28 AM
BDI
Banned

Originally posted by PsyKotiC RydeR
i go up and down 303 south and north every sat/sun for work..and i pass by LACE hehe..
What's up with this meet at Lace?? I know sum girls who work there.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:36 AM
Pro

haha, i'll go! never been there and dont mind going there!! but serioulsy..i never see any tl's driven by young guys..i see tl's driven by ladies or just older males.

Originally posted by BDI

What's up with this meet at Lace?? I know sum girls who work there.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:44 AM
BDI
Banned

haha, i'll go! never been there and dont mind going there!! but serioulsy..i never see any tl's driven by young guys..i see tl's driven by ladies or just older males.

LOL........Whenever you're down to go just let me know coz i'm alwayz down. Stilletos is pretty hot too. I know what your sayin' tho 99% of TL drivers around here are old. I've seen a couple of so called hooked up TL's around here that are drivin' by a buncha homothugs with their typical chrome rims with no drop and the infamous transition mirror tint :yack: Anywayz my invitation is alwayz open for Lace or whatever. Definetly wanna check out the supra.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro

Hey, BDI my aim is Psykotic Supra so hit me up any time you see me online..im planning on going up to nanuet tonight if the weather permits! we can meet up at dunkin donuts if u like...im also bringin up a fello tl forum member as well. if it rains tonight we can make other arrangements...doesnt have to be girl that strip related..hehe

Originally posted by BDI

LOL........Whenever you're down to go just let me know coz i'm alwayz down. Stilletos is pretty hot too. I know what your sayin' tho 99% of TL drivers around here are old. I've seen a couple of so called hooked up TL's around here that are drivin' by a buncha homothugs with their typical chrome rims with no drop and the infamous transition mirror tint :yack: Anywayz my invitation is alwayz open for Lace or whatever. Definetly wanna check out the supra.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...

you must be stupid there are other fast cars out there.....most cars dont stay stock u know.and super bikes will be the only competition? uh huh....

Some comments:

1) Dude, lighten up! I was joking around! You are reading too much into my post.

2) It is a fact: a fast bike will always beat a fast car in 0-60, unless the car is performance tuned to the extreme.

3) Of course there are other cars that are faster than an extremely modded TL. A 700 HP twin turbo Supra will eat a TL with I/H/E and with NOS!

3) Majority of cars do stay relatively stock (adding intake and exhaust don't count) - adding after market parts to make it go fast like cams/headers/NOS/superchargers etc. is not what the majority of people do to their cars (so if 51% is the majority, and you have a Supra, and for argument's sake Toyota produced 100,000 Supras worldwide, then 51,000 is modded to produce 400 - 700 HP? Yeah, right . True, the after market parts market is a multi million dollar business (if not close to billions). But when you mod your car to the hilt (for speed and performance), it is very unlikely you will meet another car which can take you on unless you purposely look for them to race against (or if your neighbourhood only comprises of people who do nothing but mod their cars). But I digress...
Old 04-03-2002, 09:09 AM
USMC Butterbars

I havent been on 303 lately cuz im at college.....but im home mostly on the weekends....i have a silver TL with body kit....3A racing tips and mesh grill....springs are on the way....ive never seen any hooked up tLs in that area....all i see are old ppl driving stock Tls....newayz....do you guys kno any good tint place in the area?...or a shop that'll install springs for cheap?...thanx....
Old 04-03-2002, 10:01 AM
BDI
Banned

I havent been on 303 lately cuz im at college.....but im home mostly on the weekends....i have a silver TL with body kit....3A racing tips and mesh grill....springs are on the way....ive never seen any hooked up tLs in that area....all i see are old ppl driving stock Tls....newayz....do you guys kno any good tint place in the area?...or a shop that'll install springs for cheap?...thanx....
What school do you go to?? I got my springs installed in LI when I was away at college. But I know a pretty good tint place on rte 59 across the street from the Palisades mall at the car wash place. I think the place is called Sams Auto Tint. You should look him up in the yellow pages. I heard he does great work.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:59 AM
BDI
Banned

Hey, BDI my aim is Psykotic Supra so hit me up any time you see me online..im planning on going up to nanuet tonight if the weather permits! we can meet up at dunkin donuts if u like...im also bringin up a fello tl forum member as well. if it rains tonight we can make other arrangements...doesnt have to be girl that strip related..hehe

Wattup man..........I can't make it tonight coz I have a concert to go to at SOBs. I'll definetly hit you up on AIM and we can make plans.
-oakie.
Old 04-03-2002, 05:41 PM
USMC Butterbars

i go to Stevens tech in hoboken.....about an hour away from rockland...how much that tint place charge?
Old 04-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Cruisin'

I know that it's oppinion but aside from most TL's simply being in better condtion because they are newer, most people would think that a newer Legend looks better than a new TL. Of course it's oppinion but I get a lot more props on my Legend than some other kids that have TL's at my school. Plus the 96-99 TL's just look ugly :yack:.

I do like the new TL-S, but I'm still a coupe guy so I'd probably more inclined to get a CL-S six speed if it wasn't so ugly. Grrrrr, shame on Acura . Those guys need to learn how to be inovators and make good cars again. The Legend was ahead of its time, and it would be cool if they could come out with a car again that would just blow everyone away visually and performance wise.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Drifting

dude, you need headers man. when my TL was stock, I raced a 2000 lude with I/H/E and maybe some other stuff. I lost to it by about 2 car lengths from 0-120. But after I got my I/H/E/P, I raced him again and I'm the one laughing now

Quick Reply: Lost to a Lude with I/H/E...