lost interest on my car .

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lost interest on my car .

I have a 2003 ABP TLS , bodykit , HID , intake etc etc . I used to love the car ,but suddenly I keep thinking on getting a new car . (bmw 330, nissan 350Z and others). I wonder if you guys feel the same way . I mean do you regret buying your car ?? or is it normal to loose interest after some time ? Plus I keep thinking on the whole transmition thing and when is going to happen to me .
Old 08-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Comptech Freak

i keep thinking of getting a G35 coupe 6MT

but the reason is i really want to drive a stick, i love my car and it's so good and have more advantage than the G35 except power and look

however our TL will eventually play out, i have my car for 4 yrs and i will consider getting a new car next year

the new TL styling is not as good as our TL so i might lean towards the G35
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Cruisin'

if u are like me you'll lose interest in any car. In the past 5 years Ive been though a 97 civic > 2001 A4 > 2004 350Z > 92 Miata(still have) and now a TL. Civic I got bored of cause I wanted something nicer, A4 sold because haha I kept telling myself if the Z was out when i bought the A4 I wouldnt have bought the A4. Got rid of the Z because I accomplished what I wanted from that car, that was to make feature in a mag. And now the TL who knows how long or short I keep it.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry, it's normal to lose some interest after a while. My 99 TL will be seven years old in four months but I still love it. Maybe it's because I have been adding new things almost every year. I still stare at my car when I walk away from it at a parking lot. Then there are days that I am thinking about getting a new car. But I can wait because saving for a house is more important right now.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:23 AM
El Presidente

Originally Posted by BlackShadow
Don't worry, it's normal to lose some interest after a while. My 99 TL will be seven years old in four months but I still love it. Maybe it's because I have been adding new things almost every year. I still stare at my car when I walk away from it at a parking lot. Then there are days that I am thinking about getting a new car. But I can wait because saving for a house is more important right now.

But then again, who can't stop and stare at that value sport bumper
Old 08-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by BlackShadow
same here...some days i love some days i want something new.......i recently went out and bought a 240sx and have been driving that around alot lately...and then after a week of not driving the TL i got in...and i remembered how much i loved it

now i have more than a grand that im planning to drop into it.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:28 AM
Banned

i still like my car, not plan to sell it anytime soon, but i lost interest on rims, is something i really like before, but for some reason not anymore, that is why i am selling most of my rims in black market
Old 08-17-2005, 04:33 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Originally Posted by geminisdc
I have a 2003 ABP TLS , bodykit , HID , intake etc etc . I used to love the car ,but suddenly I keep thinking on getting a new car . (bmw 330, nissan 350Z and others). I wonder if you guys feel the same way . I mean do you regret buying your car ?? or is it normal to loose interest after some time ? Plus I keep thinking on the whole transmition thing and when is going to happen to me .
Yeah, I solved that urge by getting a new TL-S , I had a 99TL . More power and a better colour, NBP !!!

Back to thread topic....
I was strongly thinking about gettin the G35 or the 350Z but I talked myself out of it. The new Skyline is coming out in a year or two, the current G35 (or 350z) will seem a little outdated once the new style is announced. Plus with the skyline coming in AWD, I don't thik it'll be too long before those two cars will be equipped with an AWD system.

It's similar to the 300C, a great car, if you like that style, but they are bringing out a larger HEMI to power that beats... Imagine being the guy who jumped on the 300 before the announcement of the new engine

Just my
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
just like anything else - you will get bored with any other car you get - my friend has a new M5 (badass) and he is already bored with it - spoiled brat though. Just learn to like what you have, and that will make any new purchase even better down the road.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered Abuser

It's human nature to get bored with just about anything after a certain amount of time. Some just get bored quicker than others, like myself. I get a new car every 2 years or so.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
02 TLS SSM - Hi Oh Silvr!

Road Trip Needed

Sounds like you need to get into that TLS, put on your driving gloves, serengeti glasses, and pack a couple of weeks worth of clothing and take a DRIVE!

Put on a several thousand miles of high speed driving, come home, and tell us whether you are still bored.

My TLS never fails to put a smile on my face when I push her.

You are not going to get a hard on by just making her pretty. (Or maybe you are?) You have got to drive the babe hard. Just think of her as a supermodel who hasn't had sex in months and you are the stud who is going to put it to her. Good Luck......
Old 08-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Acura TLS are SLOW

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE RUNNER
Sounds like you need to get into that TLS, put on your driving gloves, serengeti glasses, and pack a couple of weeks worth of clothing and take a DRIVE!

Put on a several thousand miles of high speed driving, come home, and tell us whether you are still bored.

Yeah! My my car would break
Old 08-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Racer

hmm

^^^ I havent had any problems with my car yet , but I dont trust the trasmition . As a matter of fact I have to go to NY this weekend , so I ll see what happens.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE RUNNER

You are not going to get a hard on by just making her pretty. (Or maybe you are?) You have got to drive the babe hard. Just think of her as a supermodel who hasn't had sex in months and you are the stud who is going to put it to her. Good Luck......
Old 08-17-2005, 08:46 PM
S = Slow

I am tired of my TLS because its too slow for me now. I had it for over a year and a half. I just bought a supercharger so maybe that will help. If not, my car will be gone by the beginning of next year. Also my car is at Acura right now getting the tranny replaced. I got a stupid dodge stratus as a loaner! Sorry, I had to vent about the tranny and loaner .
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

shit give it to me
Old 08-17-2005, 08:57 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
I have had my '02 TL-S for about 4 years. I use to be really crazy about the car and looking for the next mod. Now I really don't want to spend any more money on the car. The Comptech supercharger would be nice, but I just can't justify spending 3Gs on a 4 year old car with 42k miles.

I have Comptech headers, icebox, springs, sways, Mugen cooling mods, UR crank pulley, Michelin Pilot A/S, Unichip (what a waste), Rotora rotors, axxis pads, and a bored out TB. No bodykit aftermarket wheels, turbo or supercharger, as I am now just looking at the car as basic transportation.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
i lost interest until i got my front end conversion, now i can just stand there and stare at it
Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
2Poor 2Furious

The marketing of car manufacturers are doing their jobs.... Honestly, you're proabably getting tired of the car because new cars get pushed onto us. For example, no one really gets "tired" of their house and wants a newer one unless you really need the space mainly because you don't have ads telling you how their new house is better than the house you got. Once a new generation or facelift comes out, the automakers and magazines start pushing that and says screw you to the previous gen owners.

Needless to say, it makes me appreciate the strong community of owners here. This forum keeps me interested in the TL and gives me new ideas to keep the TL fresh.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:51 AM
TL ftw!

Originally Posted by UglyPsycho
I am tired of my TLS because its too slow for me now. I had it for over a year and a half. I just bought a supercharger so maybe that will help. If not, my car will be gone by the beginning of next year. Also my car is at Acura right now getting the tranny replaced. I got a stupid dodge stratus as a loaner! Sorry, I had to vent about the tranny and loaner .

Damn your car is low
Old 08-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Advanced

thinkin about selling my 99 TL and gettin a 2003 TL-S. Trying to find a hot deal on the TL-S - Preferably black. I already have a bunch of mods fro my 99 tl, i might change my mind after seeing the mods on there.

Guess we'll just see.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I pimp an Audi A4.

buy some rims.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by t0ast
The marketing of car manufacturers are doing their jobs.... Honestly, you're proabably getting tired of the car because new cars get pushed onto us. For example, no one really gets "tired" of their house and wants a newer one unless you really need the space mainly because you don't have ads telling you how their new house is better than the house you got. Once a new generation or facelift comes out, the automakers and magazines start pushing that and says screw you to the previous gen owners.

Needless to say, it makes me appreciate the strong community of owners here. This forum keeps me interested in the TL and gives me new ideas to keep the TL fresh.
Definatly the Manufacturers are doing there jobs! There are many new cars out there that push the envelope every year! But that doesn't mean that we have lost faith in our TL's. That is why there are 100's of members and guests on at any given moment on any given day. Gotta say thanks soopa for giving us this opportunity!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Pro

OH and BTW. Supercharge that B!t(h and I can virtually gurantee that you won't be bored anymore!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Who Dis Is?

My TL had 110k so a couple months ago I had to say goodbye to my old buddy and hello to my new WRX. The thing's a blast, but I did just about everything possible on my TL and I know for a fact my Subby is going to drain my wallet as well.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Racer

i've definitely had moments when i lost interest in the car, two of which still play in the back of my mind. the first is the tranny problem. the second, well i made the mistake of test driving the new TL and i fell in love with the design and performance of the car. but i dont dislike the car either so i'll probably keep it another 2 yrs before selling it but i have only had the car for about 6m now.