Looking for a quality front-end/hood bra.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a quality front-end/hood bra.

I really only want the portion for the hood but I doubt I can find that seperately... can I?

Anyway, if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try a search here.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might want to e-mail these guys and see if they have it for the 2G. They sell the full 3g Bra or just the hood piece. http://handa-accessories.com/tl.html
Old 08-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Try a search here.
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Instructor

If you like your paint, DO NOT get a regular bra, normally refered to as a mechanical attaching bra. If you want good protection, get a clear bra, maybe more expensive, but will not destroy your paint. With the mechanical type of bra, you just naturally get dirt under it, and then as you drive, no matter how securely you have it on the car, there is some movement, which scratches, rubs and chaffs the paint. If it comes loose, even a little bit, major problems.

A clear bra will not mar your paint, is basically invisible and protects the paint from the same thing that the other bra will.

I am one that wants to smack ppl upside the head when I see mechanical bra's, because of the damage that they do, even if they are taken off at every wash, which most are not! You are trying to protect the car from rock chips, not sand off the paint.

Besides, a TL with one of those black bras is just goofy looking IMHO.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by hardrock32tls
If you like your paint, DO NOT get a regular bra, normally refered to as a mechanical attaching bra. If you want good protection, get a clear bra, maybe more expensive, but will not destroy your paint. With the mechanical type of bra, you just naturally get dirt under it, and then as you drive, no matter how securely you have it on the car, there is some movement, which scratches, rubs and chaffs the paint. If it comes loose, even a little bit, major problems.

A clear bra will not mar your paint, is basically invisible and protects the paint from the same thing that the other bra will.

I am one that wants to smack ppl upside the head when I see mechanical bra's, because of the damage that they do, even if they are taken off at every wash, which most are not! You are trying to protect the car from rock chips, not sand off the paint.

come try smacking me up side the head! ive had one on and off since i bought the car (probably close to 100k with it on) and there isnt a scuff or scratch from it. if its a good one and you take it off when you wash the car and wash the back side you wont have paint issues. The oem 1 is a great bra
Old 08-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
I got mine through www.autoanything.com, something similar to this one:

http://www.autoanything.com/products..._sport_car_bra

It looks like this:

link if pic doesn't show
http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...=1773&uuid=296

I have had it for three years. I take it off when I wash the car and clean the inside of it. I don't use it all the time, and don't use it during the winter when there will be salt on the road. It is mostly for long trips.

I keep the paint up with regular applications of Zaino and have not had any problems with scratching.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hardrock32tls

I'm aware of the "issues" involved with installing ab ra on the car however the hood is already pot-marked and this is to make it nicer looking until such time as I can get the hood and front bumper repainted. At that time I will get a clear bra.