Looking for a good Bluetooth Adapter for the factory radio.....any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looking for a good Bluetooth Adapter for the factory radio.....any suggestions?

Im looking for a good Bluetooth unit I can connect in the back of the unit out of sight and has a good solid connection. Figured since I have the radio area apart due to my radio failure I figured now is a good time as any to install one! Ive tried some of the ones that use the radio frequencies and they sound like crap. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I have a BlitzSafe adapter attached to my CD Changer port which I then connected to a bluetooth hands free kit. You could buy the audio left/right only version of the BlitzSafe, but I already had the version with the 30-pin Apple connector. What was nice about it is that the 30-pin version also charges; the hands-free adapters need 5V USB. I found a cheap 30-pin Apple to analog phono L/R + USB cable on eBay and used that to connect my Blitzsafe with apple connector to the hands-free adapter (I did have to buy a ground-loop isolator on the audio lines to remove humming). Works great.

Someone might make an all-in-one solution, but I never found one for '99->'03, just '04 and up.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
I put the GTA Car Kit one in my wife's Odyssey from GTA Car Kits | iPhone, AUX and Bluetooth integration. I got the bluetooth only version, that way it works with any phone and it's not Apple specific. She can plug it into the regular charger if she needs to. It works so well I'm going to get one for my TL. You can skip tracks and answer/hang up phone from the steering wheel controls as well.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Severin
I have a BlitzSafe adapter attached to my CD Changer port which I then connected to a bluetooth hands free kit. You could buy the audio left/right only version of the BlitzSafe, but I already had the version with the 30-pin Apple connector. What was nice about it is that the 30-pin version also charges; the hands-free adapters need 5V USB. I found a cheap 30-pin Apple to analog phono L/R + USB cable on eBay and used that to connect my Blitzsafe with apple connector to the hands-free adapter (I did have to buy a ground-loop isolator on the audio lines to remove humming). Works great.

Someone might make an all-in-one solution, but I never found one for '99->'03, just '04 and up.
Thank you for the response. Was looking into the adapter you had and saw it was going for $140 which is a bit more than I was willing to pay for adding bluetooth to the car. Im really only needing the streaming function but I guess if it comes with hands free why not. But thanks for the info and Ill see what my other options are for this.

Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I put the GTA Car Kit one in my wife's Odyssey from GTA Car Kits | iPhone, AUX and Bluetooth integration. I got the bluetooth only version, that way it works with any phone and it's not Apple specific. She can plug it into the regular charger if she needs to. It works so well I'm going to get one for my TL. You can skip tracks and answer/hang up phone from the steering wheel controls as well.
Thanks for the response. This seems to be a bit more reasonably priced and has the function of the hands free as well. How was the installation? How's the streaming sound and quality? Any issues? Would love to have something I can control from the stereo itself but I may be asking for to much!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny14
Thanks for the response. This seems to be a bit more reasonably priced and has the function of the hands free as well. How was the installation? How's the streaming sound and quality? Any issues?
The GTA Car Kit pure bluetooth model that I got is $139, FYI. Hard wired is $89, you can add a bluetooth module to it but I think it ends up being more expensive overall and you can't use the steering wheel controls over bluetooth in that case. Sound quality is as good as the stereo will allow, and the hands free seems to work great.

Would love to have something I can control from the stereo itself but I may be asking for to much!
The stereo controls work as well for skipping tracks, if that's what you're referring to.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this site out. Compare GROM Car Audio Integration Kits
Old 08-27-2016, 11:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by SuperGreg
The GTA Car Kit pure bluetooth model that I got is $139, FYI. Hard wired is $89, you can add a bluetooth module to it but I think it ends up being more expensive overall and you can't use the steering wheel controls over bluetooth in that case. Sound quality is as good as the stereo will allow, and the hands free seems to work great.

The stereo controls work as well for skipping tracks, if that's what you're referring to.
Oh I thought the $89 was for the bluetooth setup but guess it wasn't. That sucked! I was really hoping for something less than $100 but guess not!

Originally Posted by TCfromPhilly
Thanks for the link will check it out. Is this something you have?
Old 08-27-2016, 08:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not got it yet. But i will be.I want to play my music from my USB.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TCfromPhilly
I have not got it yet. But i will be.I want to play my music from my USB.
Keep us posted on how you like it. Im looking for mainly something pure bluetooth so I can listen to music from my iPhone without wires everywhere.