lock out prevention feature

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lock out prevention feature

Can anyone confirm that if you leave the car key in the ignition and your driver door is open, that you can't lock the door. This is the lock out prevention.

I remember being able to do this before and now after I had my ignition replaced because of the recall, this feature no longer work.

Also I can't program a new remote to work and I think this is related. Can some1 please go confrim that their lock out feature is functioning. Thxs.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I can't lock the door when the key is in and the door is open. This is a 03 TLS.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bxscig
Well I can't lock the door when the key is in and the door is open. This is a 03 TLS.
Yeah that's the lock out prevention feature, 99-03 TL have this. It's in the manual. I just realized that I CAN lock with the key in the ignition and door open. It's been this way since they had my ignition replaced for the recall......it's been like a yr......can't believe I didn't notice this.

Also I can't seem to program a new remote but I have done this two times before. I think the new iginition is wired wrong or something.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Drifting

How many times do you actually try to lock yourself out?? I don't even know how to reprogram the remote but if you say that you have done so before then it should be something the guys did with the recall or the remote is bad??
Old 04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bxscig
How many times do you actually try to lock yourself out?? :lol:

Haha funny, I was trying to program my two new remote..........then after billion of tries, I looked in the manual for any clues and read the lockout feature and tried it.........
Old 04-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
but if the drivers door is closed and the key is in the ignition and the passenger door is open and they push the lock button the doors will lock and your keys will get locked in the car. my kid figured that out for me
Old 04-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Drifting

I guess it is only driver dummy proof
Old 04-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Banned

Also there is suppose to be a beep if you leave the key in the I or OFF position and open the driver side door.........mine doesn't do that and it hasn't since my ignition recall repair..........damn I'm pissed off that I haven't notice for so long.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya I did this once too kris...stupid me. I wanted to detail the interior, and while doing so my finger slipped and pushed the lock button without me knowing (on the passenger side while using a detailing product on the door trim). Anyways I had the key in the ignition cause I wanted some music to entertain. And of course this is before I had an appointment. Sure enough I close the door, come back 5 min later, and realized all the doors are locked...and where is my spare key you ask??? In my dad's fucking briefcase, and he is 30 km away for work...shiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!!!

So I call acura roadside assistance, and 20 min later, I had my doors opened by a guy from a tow trucking company. I was very pleased with how efficient their roadside assistance is. I was a proud Acura owner that day, and since then have been happy with the car...

I just think that acura should put this locking prevention feature on all the doors and switches for the locks, when the key is in the ignition.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by sc354
ya I did this once too kris...stupid me. I wanted to detail the interior, and while doing so my finger slipped and pushed the lock button without me knowing (on the passenger side while using a detailing product on the door trim). Anyways I had the key in the ignition cause I wanted some music to entertain. And of course this is before I had an appointment. Sure enough I close the door, come back 5 min later, and realized all the doors are locked...and where is my spare key you ask??? In my dad's fucking briefcase, and he is 30 km away for work...shiiiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!!!

So I call acura roadside assistance, and 20 min later, I had my doors opened by a guy from a tow trucking company. I was very pleased with how efficient their roadside assistance is. I was a proud Acura owner that day, and since then have been happy with the car...

I just think that acura should put this locking prevention feature on all the doors and switches for the locks, when the key is in the ignition.
i wasnt so lucky i was at my parents cottage 1hr20 min away. and the spare was in the car in girl friends purse. luckily the valet key was at home, so i had to jump in my dads car drive all the way home get the key then all the way back just to unlock the doors. (oh i didnt use roadside assistance because of where i was and i was past the milage/warranty, that iand i didnt know the #)