like a bulletproof vest

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like a bulletproof vest

let me preface with (KNOCK ON WOOD) But this car is freakin bulletproof. Coming up on my 11th month of ownership with a little over 19k miles and what a joy and superb automobile this has been. I mean, I have done everything wrong from leaving the tranny in SS going 50-60mph in 2nd gear. I've even accidentally hosed my brakes while they weren't cool enough yet and no rotor damage. Overall my driving style is fairly laid back, I go into vtec maybe 4 -6 times a week. However, I've definately done some hard accelerating at all speeds even from a stop and taken full advantage of the braking power, slowing from a good 65mph to 5mph in a matter of seconds. I'm sorry to hear about people having major problems w/their TL-S and that sucks. I feel so fortunate to have such a rock solid automobile to get me from here to there and everywhere in between.

One quick question though - For those of you who had tranny replacements, were there signs that your tranny was on it's way out? I only ask because once every 3 weeks or so I get a hiccup in the tranny but it's buttery smooth the rest of the time... thanks all.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bet u won't say that if u keep doing that for a couple months...