Light behind the defrost switches!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light behind the defrost switches!

Well i recently had my 2 lights on the defrost buttons go out on me, so if i have my lights on at night i can't see the defrost buttons, i would like to fix this.
I recently did the ipod hook up with the ice-link so i can use my steering wheel controls, and after putting everything back together all the lights behind the buttons on my ac block went out, except the tempeture reader.
I have a 2000 tl with navi.

My question is , how easy is it to replace those lights and can i do this myself, or do i have to order a whole new button, with the light in it all ready?

than for any help
Old 10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember someone post this b4. but is easy the AC controll switch light bulb can replace and they use the same size light bulb as the clock bulb.
read the following post might help you.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124416
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out this thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/look-who-else-they-found-124791/

You save a lot of money by go to radioshack route. I just changed 4 lights in my AC control unit (navi) cost only $3.19. It took me 2 hours though because I have to removed the middle console & HU. However, if you don't have navi. It should take less than 30 mintues.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:20 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by khoifl
Check out this thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124791

You save a lot of money by go to radioshack route. I just changed 4 lights in my AC control unit (navi) cost only $3.19. It took me 2 hours though because I have to removed the middle console & HU. However, if you don't have navi. It should take less than 30 mintues.
i wish i had known before radioshack had the bulbs. i'll have to stop in there. it took me 20 minutes to take the dash off and replace all the bulbs (non-navi). no HU removal needed for me obviously, but even that only takes 10 minutes if you know how to do it (i've done it several times).

Originally Posted by pdprich
remember someone post this b4. but is easy the AC controll switch light bulb can replace and they use the same size light bulb as the clock bulb.
read the following post might help you.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124416
i did my entire dash about a month ago and the clock bulb was different from the others, although that doesn't necessarily mean it won't fit. i'll have to check when i take mine off next. it's a small, black, flat-based bulb. takes 5 seconds to remove it and put the new one in when the gauge bezel is removed.

Originally Posted by fred3113
I recently did the ipod hook up with the ice-link so i can use my steering wheel controls, and after putting everything back together all the lights behind the buttons on my ac block went out, except the tempeture reader.
I have a 2000 tl with navi.
the same thing basically happened to me. i took off my gauge bezel to fix a rattle and when i put it back nearly every bulb in my dash went out. the acura desk told me this is common. apparently if the bulbs are near their end of life they will blow if you disturb them in any way. this is retarded in my opinion, but what can you do.

for you it looks pretty easy to change the bulb in your navi climate control. the HU is not hard to remove, but i'm assuming you allready know how to do this so i will skip ahead. just remove the faceplate of the climate control by using a screwdriver to depress the locking plastic tabs where it meets the control housing (see picture). the bulb twists out with a small flathead screwdriver. replace in the opposite order and you're done.

the head unit should come out in about 10 minutes. there are really only 6 or 7 screws to remove to get everything out. let us know how it goes!

SSTS