Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 04:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaking is leading to a new tranny

Hey,
I'm hear to vent.
Bought my 2000' TL a week and half ago.
Today I am now driving a crappy Olds Alero until Tuesday while they replace tranny.
Called 3 days ago trying to get out of my purchase and trade up immediately to a brand new manual TSX. Said no, too late for me to do it without absorbing the HIT of the depreciation. (So basically they wanted to make profit on both cars and really screwed me on my trade in, I suppose)

OK, so I am really upset now.. buyers remorse. Miss my old Toyota Solara V6, 5 speed!

Bottom line, my car was hesistating too much for my liking. And leaks have littered my driveway so I took it in for service.

So now with the new tranny getting installed should I still expect hesitation and will I still only get 18-19 MPG? Gosh, I thought these cars got more like 20-22MPG in city and 22-23 highway.
My car Looks nice.. black int with navigation.. only 30k miles.
Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

I am barely happy with my purchase and the car seemed to have more pickup when I test drove it. Up til today, it drove great on highway and it was an all or nothing feeling around town. Had to gun it to make it move and it hesistated then it went too fast.
Thanks!
Old 03-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
don't get so down about it, at least it is covered under warranty and you don't have to pay anything. Just enjoy your purchase, but the TSX 6spd. sure does sound nice...No worries and welcome to the board.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: leaking is leading to a new tranny

Called 3 days ago trying to get out of my purchase and trade up immediately to a brand new manual TSX. Said no, too late for me to do it without absorbing the HIT of the depreciation. (So basically they wanted to make profit on both cars and really screwed me on my trade in, I suppose)
what?!?! depreciation ... on a used car? no such thing. immediate depreciation only applies to new cars ... and i'm talking about brand new cars ... not "its new to me" cars.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Burning Brakes

he's talkin about the differance between retail and trade-in. look it up on KBB it's prob about 4g's differance
Old 03-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
if u had the car for a week and a half, why not just back out of the deal? in texas anyway u have a period where u can change ur mind, same goes for a house .... 30days.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
3rd Gear

if u had the car for a week and a half, why not just back out of the deal? in texas anyway u have a period where u can change ur mind, same goes for a house .... 30days.

Jpadilla- I did try to back out the the deal. I live in KY and bought car in OH, I think I saw on the fine print that I had 72 hours to back out. I'm just so upset, however, thankful that it's not costing me anything to fix the tranny... but it is a very big hassle as many of you already know and have experienced.

I am also going to be worried that this is going to happen again. I brought it on myself by not sleeping on the car before I purchased. I had a feeling in my gut but I kept assuring myself that I was just being silly.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-12-2004, 01:02 PM
On the way!

Foget their fine print. If the state law says you can back out, their contract should not be able to hold you.

You should check into it.

About the hesitation/mpg issue... Yes - you'll see both performance and MPG get better with the new tranny. Mine drove like new after I had a new one put in.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:02 PM
3rd Gear

oh by the way, apologies for my bad spelling.... I meant in my last post that I should of given myself a day or two to think about purchasing the used TL vs. new TSX. (Not to mention test driving multiple used TL's). This is the first time I've purchased a car without doing more actual leg work. I did a lot of research on the back end using the web and word of mouth.
Oh well. That's life right!