Langka for paint scratch repair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Langka for paint scratch repair?

I have a deep paint scratch down to the metal. I bought a bottle of Langka and I'm wondering if anyone has success stories or tips on repairing deep scratches.

------------------
'01 TL with Navi
Naples Gold Metallic
Wings West Custom 2-Leg Spoiler
Solar Gard Titanium Tint 43 all around.
Acura logo tire valve stem caps.

Coming Soon: Momo F-16 Mahogany shift knob.
Old 03-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Pro

I have no idea....i think you can try.....
I only use touch up paints...since all my damages were from stone chips.....

------------------
-Rz-RacingZone
99 TL Silver
-AEM CAI
-N1 Exhaust
-Eibach Prokit
-Custom Prelude Type-S
Front grill
-Custom badge
-Polarg M14
-Eurolite Highbeam
-Body kit
-Rear wing
-Neuspeed towerbar
Old 03-16-2001, 12:02 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bebber:
I have a deep paint scratch down to the metal. I bought a bottle of Langka and I'm wondering if anyone has success stories or tips on repairing deep scratches.

I bought Langka a few weeks ago. It is suppose to be really good for deep scratches along with the OEM touch-up paint. I have not been able to use it yet because it says for good results, use it when it is 60+ degrees. I live in NJ and right now it is cold as hell. Since you live in L.A. you can try it first and let me know.
Old 03-16-2001, 02:53 AM

Thumbs down

I have such strong feelings against Langka, that I registered just to reply! Now, I pretty sure that I followed the instructions to the letter, but in my experience, it doesn't work. It's so strong that it will actually remove the touch-up paint in the scratch. If your luckly enough to level the touch paint the the car, it will be very dull in appearance.

------------------
Old 03-16-2001, 04:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Well. I just tried it. I waited 1 1/2 hours after applying the dealer touch-up paint to apply the Langka. The Langka removed nearly all of the touch-up paint and I'm back to square one now.

I'm going to give it a second try. This time, I'm putting on only a little bit of paint, I'm going to wait 3 hours, then I'll LIGHTLY go over it with the Langka and see how it goes.

Cross your fingers!
Old 03-16-2001, 10:02 PM

Thumbs up

Langka works very well if you apply it 24 hours after you used the touch up paint. When I first tried Langka, I waited about 4 hours after applying the touch up paint. I thought it was completely dry and when I used the langka it took the touch up paint off. I then talked with my brother in law who turned me on to Langka and he said to wait at least a day after using the Langka. He said he even tried it on paint touch ups that had been on for months and it worked.

I figured what the heck I'd try it again and wait. I was really impressed with how well it worked. I couldn't even see where the stone chips were after I used the Langka.

The other thing that worked was to apply polish and then wax to the area after the langka.

I am going to use it again as soon as the weather warms up. Good Luck and be patient.
The stuff works!

------------------
1999 TL
Monterey Blue, with wood trim and burlwood knob.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Well, I waited three hours for the paint to dry this time before applying Langka and it worked slightly better, partially filling the scratch this time.

I might try your advice and wait a day for it to dry. The only danger of waiting too long is if the paint completely dries and the Langka won't remove it at all. I guess that's why they recommend a drying time of 45-90 minutes. I'm willing to take the gamble.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I had the same problem with a scratch on my Miata..It's not a deep scratch though, but I waited about 90 minutes and it took all the touch up paint off with it.. I want to also wait for it to get a little warmer here as well, so I'll try it again at that time..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:55 PM

Cool

Trust me guys. Wait a good 24 hours and the langka works! Don't worry about not being able to get the excess touch up paint off. Be sure you use nothing rougher than a t-shirt when you rub and also use the card that came with the langka.

My problem was the same as yours, I was too impatient and wanted to use the langka the same day. It depends on weather and humidity as to how long the touchup paint takes to dry. Even if you wait 4 hours it will not be long enough and you will just take all the touchup paint off.

------------------
1999 TL
Monterey Blue, with wood trim and burlwood knob.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:34 AM
Burning Brakes

alright. I waited a good 24 hours this time. The results were not perfect, but satisfactory. I guess I don't need to get my scratch professionally repainted now, although this is still a possiblility for the future.