L.I. Meadowbrook Pkwy 2 Tickets & Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
L.I. Meadowbrook Pkwy 2 Tickets & Need Advice

**MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE AND MOVE THIS TO THE RIGHT FORUM AS I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS**

Well, basically on Saturday night, I was with a friend in my 03 TLS on Meadowbrook Pkwy heading North Bound from Southern Pkwy(For those of you around the area). As I kow this area is patrolled by cops heavily, I don't speed in this area and keep it under 70mph which is what 90% of the cars are driving at. Now I was on the left lane doing about 60mph as there was a car in front of me and we were on our way to mall, and were debating whether to pick up one of my other friends on the way. Suddenly my friend who's in the car says quick we need to pick the other guy up so take this exit which was pretty much comming up real quick, so I checked my mirrors and had an opening so i just bolted over to the right real quick. I understand that this is illegal, but come on, who hasn't done this once in a while when you realize you have to take an exit all of a sudden, so cut me some slack.

Basically 10 seconds later, I see those infamaous Crown Vic Headlights tailgating me which I knew in my head I'm fucked and I was. Got pulled over, routine shit, (Liscence and Registration), thought I was drunk, gave me the pen test then told me what I did was illegal which I apologized for and told him the truth as I had nothign to hide, and asked him if he could cut me a break as I dont drive like this, he didnt even let me finish my sentence and left to go back to his car. He returned with 2 tickets.

1. Improper/No Signal
2. Moved From Lane Unsafely

They are 3 points a piece and I thought what a Asshole this cop was to give me 2 tickets for the same violation. Now I'm not saying what I did was right, and I know was illegal but kind of a hefty punishment. On top of that the cop was pretty nasty basically giving me a lecture on how I need to behave on "his" roads and I'm lucky that he's not arresting me for wrecless driving. Mind it, I was going at no more than 55 to 60 mph. It all boils down to young kid in a nice hooked up car so lets fuck him.

Basically right now I need to know what to do as I can't take 6 points on my liscense, I'm 24 and have a clean liscence. Was looking forward to my insurance rates drop when I turned 25 next month. Is there any way to get rid of the tickets to no points and just pay a fine? Please advise guys.

Thanx