Kman's Ride: Major Accident!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kman's Ride: Major Accident!!!

I CAN'T POST PICS, SO DON'T POST "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS" SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO POST PICS OF MY CRUSHED FRONT END, POST YOUR EMAIL AN I'LL FOWARD THEM. ANYWAY, DRIVING WEST ON HYPOLUXO IN BOYNTON DOING 35-40MPH , SOME TRUCK DECIDES TO MAKE A FUNNY U-TURN AT THE GREEN LIGHT STOPPING TRAFFIC! I WAS THE 4TH CAR BEHIND. A STUPID BITCH IN A WHITE VOLVO STOPPED TO AVOID A CAR IN FRONT OF HER, THEN THE GIRL BETWEEN US BRAKED, AND I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO AVOID NAILING HER REAR END ( HA HA ) THEN SHE IN TURN NAILS THE GIRL W/ THE VOLVO WITH HER FRONT END! THE CHICK IN THE VOLVO GETS OUT AND THEN GETS BACK IN AND TAKES OFF YELLING SOMETHING ABOUT AN EXPIRED TAG! THE TEENAGE GIRL I HIT HAD A SUSPENED LICENSE WHICH SHE SAID WAS A CROSS IN THE COURTS AND SHOULD NOT BE SUSPENDED, NO INJURIES EXCEPT MY TIGHTY WHITEY!!! MY BUMPER IS ON THE GROUND, HEADLIGHTS, MUGEN GRILL, NEONS, STROBES, LOTS OF DAMAGE!!!! BECAUSE I WAS THE LAST CAR I HAVE TO PAY FOR HER CAR , AND MY CAR!!! FUNNY NO AIRBAGS!?????? TONS OF WORK DOWN THE DRAIN!!! AND I JUST INSTALLED THE DRIVER SIDE CL-S SEAT IN THE CAR!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn man If you send me the pics I will post them for you on my site.....check PM's
Old 10-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

This happened to me once. I happened to be in the middle car.

I got called into court, as the last car who 'hit someone else first' was contesting his ticket. The judge lets me talk first, and he asks me if the roads were wet or icy, and alls I say is, 'well, I certainly didn't have any trouble stopping.'. Bam....guy keeps his ticket.

So, i guess, the question to ask here is, if the people in front of you could stop (aside from the fooking idiot making the funny turn), why couldn't you?

It does suck about your car...sorry to hear it...but the fact remains...we all need to pay attention out there.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:46 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

shit man sorry to hear that...my car was involved in an accident 2 days ago i feel ur pain man... glad ur ok..
Old 10-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Glad ur ok, is damage substantial? I mean not totalled right?
Old 10-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

HOLLLLLLLLLY SHITTT... kman has one of the hottest tl's iv seen. im sooo sorry for your loss man....
Old 10-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

was is the key word!

Originally Posted by tpatel
HOLLLLLLLLLY SHITTT... kman has one of the hottest tl's iv seen. im sooo sorry for your loss man....
thanks guys appreciate it!!! hopefully it's not a loss! but 4 years of work and $40k of uninsured mods just kills ya! even though i didn't lose all that, i estimate at least $ 5k in replacement mods! the radiator is so pushed in i think it hit the header! my plexi mirror under the hood!!! that was a bitch!!! well, insurance will cover the main stuff, guess i'll start thinking up some new mods!!! though i'd rather not!!! andy has the pics! how many of you guys think that one or both airbags should have deployed??? 35 mph impact!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me!!!
That's How i got my TL.

At my last accident. Everyone at scene agree that it was "Buick" fault since he cut in front all of us to make sharp turn toward Highway(he was gone). But here was the problem since i hit the car in front of me an it cause change reaction I'm to blame for accident. It was a 4 car pile up. The following week i got me 99TL. I miss my 4Dr GSR Integra, B/c of all money and time i spend on it. But now thinking about it I'm very HAPPY to have some different on import scene.

GOOD LUCK Kman156
Old 10-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i def think the bags should have deployed. 35mph is a big impact. seatbelts were on rite? maybe you can do a front end conversion now?
Old 10-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

seatbelts were on!

Originally Posted by tpatel
i def think the bags should have deployed. 35mph is a big impact. seatbelts were on rite? maybe you can do a front end conversion now?
i was enjoying my new cl-s driver's seat! i have to get with acura on the bag deal, i was already thinking of the front end conversion as i was duct taping my bumper to the car! there will be quite a few new and exciting thing happening! what a pain in the ass! who's selling the mugen grills, kingmotorsports? and who's got a line on the value or inspire front bumpers? thanks in advance! damn, my tranny cooler was crushed too! i keep remebering stuff!
Old 10-09-2004, 11:24 PM
USMC Butterbars

when i got into in accident a few months back(i also rear ended someone, but it wasn't my fault....long story) my air bads deployed. I was only going 25 mph too. So definitely, yours should have deployed. You may have a lawsuit here with acura. I know a kid back in high school was racing another kid, and he crashed. His airbags didn't deploy. He was threatening to sue Acura. Acura bought the kid a M roadster. Damn. Btw, sorry to hear about ur car Kman, I know how you feel. As for the Mugen Grille, I too am looking everywhere for it. AJ-Racing said that it is discontinued.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Banned

damn steve, that sucks at least you're okay! for value bumper, check out www.access-jdm.com jspecinspire (a member here) owns that site and i think he can get it for you. if not, try kiyoshis.com. for the mugen grille, kingmotorsports.com is the way to go... if they havent run out yet.

you should also consider an '02-'03 converion

good luck with everything. if you need help with something, don't hesitate to ask. im only about an hour or so away from you
Old 10-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

mugen grille ordered!

Originally Posted by car_lost
damn steve, that sucks at least you're okay! for value bumper, check out www.access-jdm.com jspecinspire (a member here) owns that site and i think he can get it for you. if not, try kiyoshis.com. for the mugen grille, kingmotorsports.com is the way to go... if they havent run out yet.

you should also consider an '02-'03 converion

good luck with everything. if you need help with something, don't hesitate to ask. im only about an hour or so away from you
OFF TO JDM .COM! THANKS! 2 people have the pics so they should get posted soon!
Old 10-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you didn't brake at all? Cause if you were cruising at 35-40, you should not have hit at 35-40. But, obviously, the airbags weren't needed and the car knew it, saving you thousands of dollars
Old 10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by unlemming
So you didn't brake at all? Cause if you were cruising at 35-40, you should not have hit at 35-40. But, obviously, the airbags weren't needed and the car knew it, saving you thousands of dollars
definately braked! that's what i figured last night, but still a big impact. that last 10 feet dropped the speed down past the airbag threshold!? i still have thousands in damage! someone should post pics? a few members have them already! when you see the pics , you tell me if the AB should have gone off? cause i might have an issue with acura per one of the posts above!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Here are the pics...

Old 10-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I can definately see why the airbags didn't go off though. You must have braked hard and caused the car to dip (plus the fact that its lowered already) and it never hit the sensors in the bumper (bumper looks almost untouched). Either way, glad no one got hurt!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:47 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

kman,
first off, glad you're ok.. hope you get a good ammount of $$ from insurance.

One thing I really noticed before the accident was what looked like mirrors under the hood, looked really sharp... but after the accident there is not cracking or missing pieces.. Is it chrome plates instead of glass mirrors, polished aluminum?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

plexi mirror!

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
kman,
first off, glad you're ok.. hope you get a good ammount of $$ from insurance.

One thing I really noticed before the accident was what looked like mirrors under the hood, looked really sharp... but after the accident there is not cracking or missing pieces.. Is it chrome plates instead of glass mirrors, polished aluminum?
plexi mirror is plastic composite and surpringly most of the panels weren't affected! there are a couple you can see where the reflection is distorted they bended with the hood? i should be able to reuse 90%. small blessing coz that was alot of work!!!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

you hit the nail on the head!

Originally Posted by ArN 2000 TL
I can definately see why the airbags didn't go off though. You must have braked hard and caused the car to dip (plus the fact that its lowered already) and it never hit the sensors in the bumper (bumper looks almost untouched). Either way, glad no one got hurt!
between the dip and loweride no airbag! another blessing! i've never been hit with an airbag!? anyone know how that feels? thanks for posting andy!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:36 PM
NBP

damn..glad you're okay...

my former teacher said being hit by an airbag is like being hit by a baseball bat in the face...dunno if he was exagerrating or what, but that's what he said..
Old 10-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kman156
between the dip and loweride no airbag! another blessing! i've never been hit with an airbag!? anyone know how that feels? thanks for posting andy!
Glad you made it ok. Airbag deployment will def hurt, but not as much as your face hitting the wheel. The worst part about deployment is the powder burns from the anti friction powder loaded in the cartridge. They go away after a few days though. (not a chemical burn, its like a bad sunburn.)
Old 10-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Banned

ouch! seriosuly, if you need help with anything, let me know.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro

airbag deployment often leaves 1st degree burns on the face and upper chest... sometimes, it leaves scars forever... what may seem to be a safety feature can still hurt you... Glad your safe and airbag didnt go off
Old 10-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Instructor

From experience, airbags really hurt. When the airbag deployed on me, it shattered my glasses, my lips were 3 times the normal size and the gas that inflates the bag smells horrible!!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:07 PM
@ slide or die @

woah steve, this is some shitty news...first off you spend 4months handicapped from surgery and when you finally get a chance to have some fun, this happens. I was really looking forward for that dyno we we're gonna get.

if you need anything you know where i am
Old 10-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
man that sucks bad man! hopefully you can get er back up and running quick! 03 front end conversion possibly?
as for the air bags they hurt, you dont want them to go off unless its absolutly necessary! they work on a decelorometer. (meaning the car has to slow at a specific rate for them to go off)
Old 10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
USMC Butterbars

when my airbag deployed, it felt like someone took a swing at my face. I had bruised around my eye, nose, and lip.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Kollage is funn!

kman- sorry about your accident, hope everything turns out okay w/ insurance and such. you're okay, that's the most important thing...

as for airbags, i'm friggin terrified of mine.....i think they're set to go off only when needed.....and aren't they dual stage?....that powerful stage must be like 40MPH+ and like against a brick wall.....
Old 10-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks luis

Originally Posted by etxxz
woah steve, this is some shitty news...first off you spend 4months handicapped from surgery and when you finally get a chance to have some fun, this happens. I was really looking forward for that dyno we we're gonna get.

if you need anything you know where i am
i know, i have it in my book for oct 19th dyno or the week after, was gonna pm you about that. i was getting her ready for HIN in miami dec 11! hopefully i'll get it fixed quick, and be rollin' again!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

kris, value bumper mugen grille...

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
man that sucks bad man! hopefully you can get er back up and running quick! 03 front end conversion possibly?
as for the air bags they hurt, you dont want them to go off unless its absolutly necessary! they work on a decelorometer. (meaning the car has to slow at a specific rate for them to go off)
how's that? and a beater to drive on these lame ass florida roads!!! can't wait to deal with the adjuster!!! i'm gonna have to take my hood home to remove the plexi mirror! actually i'm gonna remove it before they take it away!
Old 10-10-2004, 10:39 PM
l33t

Holy shit Steve, I'm so sorry dude... I know how it feels, I've done it twice... Listen, if you need any help with anything, I've been looking for an excuse to come back to Miami for a few days, I'd be happy tp help you with anything you need... and i think i even have a spare headlight or two you can have... But its a blessing in disguise, now you have a chance to do stuff differently. Hope insurance does not totaly screw you...
Old 10-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Team INSPIRE Canada

airbags are a pain n d ass but really do save lives! i'm glad your ok!

i was in an accident where my ex-GF reached into the back for a brush w/out her seatbelt. as i was looking down at her ass i totally forgot about the stop sign. by the time i looked up i just had enough time to shout "OH SHIT" b4 i t-boned someone @ 40mph. as my 5'0 95lbs GF turns around, i watched her fly outta her chair and get smacked back into it as the airbag deployed. thank god for the airbag she didn't go through the windshield. No more daisy dukes after that incident!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Who Dis Is?

Man thatreally sucks you have or had an awesome lookin TL. I just got my car out of the shop from getting in a wreck in Deerfield when a carload of mexicans rearended me going maybe 20 mph and my airbags blew. Thank god it wasn't my fault because those cost 2G's to replace. Good luck getting your car back to normal.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Senior Moderator

sweet! another Valued customer hahaha that will look hot.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

it is hot!!!

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
sweet! another Valued customer hahaha that will look hot.
my amex card just exploded
Old 10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kman156
my amex card just exploded
I BET!!!!
Old 10-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Instructor

yo steve is me frank, that's suck u got in an accident. i always love ur TL. if u need anything let me know.

And for those of u want to dyno, can go to cybernation u can rent thr dyno for around 130 per hour. they can do 4-5 cars in anhour without tuning VAFC, jsut hp pull. Then it is like 30 for each person.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Damn kman. SOrry to hear the bad news...but the main thing is that at least noone got hurt (other than our ego).

Since you didn't hit your face on the wheel, be glad your airbags didn't deploy. I literraly saw a friend hit a concrete wall and all the airbags deployed. When I ran to his car to get him out, his face was all screwed up and he could barely talk since his teeth cut up his mouth from the inside.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:34 AM
2Poor 2Furious

Yeah I had a friend who had an airbag deploy on her, and the burned her eyes. She ended up being temporarily blind for about half a year and dropped out of school after that.

Glad to hear you're ok. It hurts to see your ride.

Quick Reply: Kman's Ride: Major Accident!!!