Just when everything was goin soo good....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 05:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Red face Just when everything was goin soo good....

It was nice seeing all those faces behind the computer screens in Florida at HIN, Thanks for Stylin for the hookup on the rent-a-car, Thanks to TommyAmrani for pickin me up from the airport, and all others that were so accomodating! I had a great time, and will make my way to FL more often now....Just when everything was goin so good, I woke up this past thursday(was in FL from Thurs, Nov 30 to Thurs, Dec 7) morning to head up to Orlando, I was doing such good timing from Miami to orlando in less than 3 hours, at terminal speeds of over 90 mph.. I passed cars on rte 91 every five minutes there was so little car's out there...at some point, I got the Avalon to 125, but slowed down after the loud shrieking from the wind slamming the side view mirrors...Anyways, I passed a few cops goin the opposite way at my speeds and nothing happened...until I passed one, and noticed in my rear view mirror that they made a U-turn..$HIT!! they nailed me.... I got pulled over for doing 99 in a 70..all this, and I was about 10 minutes away from my destination! Fine: $167. Points: 4. I don't care for the fine, but are these points gonna affect my license in any way(NY)? Anyone? Anyone?
Eddie

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 12-09-2000, 06:27 PM
Rx Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey thanks for the shout out **** head, i did take u to the hockey game and give u something to do other than pull your pud in your condo in aventura. Next time make sure mention me numbnuts considering if it wasnt for me, U wouldnt have done anything fun the rest of the week.

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, sun visor, and eurolights fog lights, and bel 950 radar detector

Old 12-09-2000, 06:36 PM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
It was nice seeing all those faces behind the computer screens in Florida at HIN, Thanks for Stylin for the hookup on the rent-a-car, Thanks to TommyAmrani for pickin me up from the airport, and all others that were so accomodating! I had a great time, and will make my way to FL more often now....Just when everything was goin so good, I woke up this past thursday(was in FL from Thurs, Nov 30 to Thurs, Dec 7) morning to head up to Orlando, I was doing such good timing from Miami to orlando in less than 3 hours, at terminal speeds of over 90 mph.. I passed cars on rte 91 every five minutes there was so little car's out there...at some point, I got the Avalon to 125, but slowed down after the loud shrieking from the wind slamming the side view mirrors...Anyways, I passed a few cops goin the opposite way at my speeds and nothing happened...until I passed one, and noticed in my rear view mirror that they made a U-turn..$HIT!! they nailed me.... I got pulled over for doing 99 in a 70..all this, and I was about 10 minutes away from my destination! Fine: $167. Points: 4. I don't care for the fine, but are these points gonna affect my license in any way(NY)? Anyone? Anyone?
Eddie

shoofin, dont worry about it, the points will not be transferred to ur NY license... i know this for a fact cuz i checked for the same reason, but u can read up on it on the NY DMV site... but, what's really weird is that the points only get transfered from one other state (virginia i think) and up north from canada... why i have no idea... but basically this will just cost u the 165 bucks

------------------
Aem Short Ram / Comptech Sway Bars / Comptech Springs / Custom Cross-Drilled Front Rotors / Alpine CDA-7863 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by
Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-3 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL
Old 12-09-2000, 09:02 PM
Original Member #81

Damn.....that county is cheap...
It would've cost you over $250 here....

BUT IT STILL SUCKS..........

------------------
Comptech exhaust
Comptech springs
custom air intake
18x7.5 Alstadts w/ 53mm offset
225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta Supras
Plastic on grill color matched
153mph Top Speed
192hp @ the wheels
Old 12-10-2000, 08:50 AM
Racer

Originally posted by ZodiakTL:
shoofin, dont worry about it, the points will not be transferred to ur NY license... i know this for a fact cuz i checked for the same reason, but u can read up on it on the NY DMV site... but, what's really weird is that the points only get transfered from one other state (virginia i think) and up north from canada... why i have no idea... but basically this will just cost u the 165 bucks

All the tickets i got out of state have transfered to my dmv record.......

------------------
2000 Laguana Green / NAVI, Burlwood Shifter, 35% Mirror Tint all over,2 x JL12W6s, Pioneer Premier P920R, MB Quarts Coaxial, PPI 2600.2 and 4400.2 , Pioneer 620 6Disc
My Acura
Old 12-10-2000, 10:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Not to mention VA Cops are terrible for always giving tickets and setting up speed traps!!! I hate driving though VA when going south from MD.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 12-10-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro

Lightbulb

Remember VA. is one of those states that record tickets from other states. I know DC and MD. do not as for the other states i would have to do research.........

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride
Old 12-10-2000, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by urirx98:
hey thanks for the shout out **** head, i did take u to the hockey game and give u something to do other than pull your pud in your condo in aventura. Next time make sure mention me numbnuts considering if it wasnt for me, U wouldnt have done anything fun the rest of the week.

Thank me for bringing you the Falafel at work first!
Eddie

------------------

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Old 12-10-2000, 04:11 PM
Rx Master

Thanks for the fallafel. Now thank me for takin u to the game foo
WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, sun visor, and eurolights fog lights, and bel 950 radar detector

Old 12-10-2000, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks for the sexual favors, Urirx! Kimberly....Kimberly<sigh>.. LMAO
I wanted to thank you personally rather than on here LOL
Eddie

------------------

Pics of my TL
Old 12-10-2000, 04:20 PM
Rx Master

U didnt bring a girl for me so u dont get anything in return. U suck, and make sure u bring me some cat next time.
WG

------------------

Old 12-10-2000, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

I'll make sure to bring Lauren for myself, and her two cat's for u...which one u want? Lucy or Seamus?
Ed

------------------

Pics of my TL
Old 12-10-2000, 04:28 PM
Drifting

From what Warren told me, he likes Wildcats...as in Arizona wildcats.

If you dont bring any trim for him at least he can resort to what he does best...putting the old knuckle to the buckle

------------------
18" Giovanna Corsica rims
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing
Indiglo Rear Acura symbol

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Pioneer XDV-P9 DVD changer
Pioneer AVX-P7000 headunit with screen flush mount
Pioneer AVM-P9000R A/V processor
Pioneer GEX-P7000TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.
Old 12-10-2000, 04:37 PM
Drifting

4 Points!? Dayum, that sucks. I'm sorry, man. If it does get transferred, you're busted big time.

How about CA? Anyone know? Fortunately, I've never gotten speeding tickets out of state (I've been pulled over before though but the cop was nice and gave me a warning only).

------------------
Y2K silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18 x 7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo 225/40/18
38% window tint
Valentine 1