Just Installed H&R sports

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Installed H&R sports

WOW!!! I absolutely love these springs..I was really worried that the ride would go down the drain, but I am extremely surprised because the ride is almost stock..There is very little difference between stock spring ride and the H&R ride...The car looks awesome, rides awesome, and I strongly recommend these springs to anyone looking to get a perfect drop(not slammed) and a close to stock ride..The only time i can really tell i have lowered my car is when i go over speedbumps, everywhere else, it's smooth like stock. H&R gets two thumbs way up!!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the H&R club!!

I have had mine on for about 3 months now and the ride quality has remained the same, even after the springs have settled in!! I think you can expect the same quality!

Enjoy!

-Rich
Old 04-17-2002, 04:22 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

a perfect drop(not slammed) and a close to stock ride.....

That's exactly what I need. Can you post the pic or your ride??? I really need to see it how it looks.

If you can't post the pic, e-mail me the pic. I'd glad to post the pic for you here.

songoku@acura-tl.com
Old 04-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

I like the H&R's! Do you still have 50 series tires?
Old 04-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Instructor

? I lowered my car and havent aligned it, can this potentially become a problem? Do I really need an alignment?
Old 04-17-2002, 04:41 PM
2nd Gear

I am also very interested in the H&R sport springs but am getting conflicting opinions about springs. I'm sold on the Comptech Sways but am hearing that springs (in general) create more problems e.g. excess tire wear, noise, and a harsher ride. I don't mind a bit firmer ride but want to avoid the other issues mentioned. Has anyone that has had the H&R springs for a lot of miles provide some feedback. Thanks for any input!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:51 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by CL2TLS
? I lowered my car and havent aligned it, can this potentially become a problem? Do I really need an alignment?
When did you install the springs? Allow 2~3 weeks for them to settle in. Then do the alignment.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I had PAA do my springs and they aligned the car at the same time. I'm not sure what the difference would be if I had waited for the springs to settle, but at the advice of PAA I did it while I was there. All I know is that after 3 months the car is perfect. No alignment issues and the car handles great!

-Rich
Old 04-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've had my H&R Sports on for about 6 months. Got the car aligned about 2 weeks after they were installed. No strange tire wear, just improved handling and looks. Ride is still close to stock as well. Couldn't be happier with them... and they're cheap, too.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the reply RAdams. I much prefer the look of the TLS without the tire/rim gap so it's good to hear that you've had a good experience with the H&R Sport Springs. I can't wait to get the sways and springs installed!
Old 04-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Racer

Hey song, i dont have any pics yet..But look at the signature of rmarin, mine looks just like his, but my car is WDP. The car's ride was my most important concern. I was very worried that the ride would be too harsh or rough for my taste, but fortunately I was VERY VERY surprised. The ride quality is same as stock, maybe a slight difference over a speed bump, but I have been driving on them for two days and gone over some very bumpy roads and the car feels virtually the same as stock...Bricot, yeah I still have stock rims and tires..Guys, I am the happiest man alive, at least in my neighborhood, because the H&R's are AWESOME, and the ride is SUPERB...Never been happier, and just a cherry on top is that these springs are much less than those comptech's, that aren't even made by them. My next mod will be neuspeed chrome front strut bar.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd get an alignment soon. I got mine aligned 3 days after my Comptech install. They have some new-fangled alignment machine at my dealer which gives before & after printouts and mine was pretty far out of spec with the Comptechs. I don't think that the additional settling will create a need for another alignment...better do it now.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:51 AM
Racer

The shop that installed my springs told me to wait at least a week before i align my car. They said the alignment must be done once the springs have settled or else the alignment won't be correct. I also have seen that recommendation by many members on this site. They are a very reputable shop too, even the local acura dealer recommended them..I will go with what they said.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:51 AM
Pro

great setup! i love my H&R springs i just installed on wednesday. The ride is great and the comfort level is about the same as stock, since i own the type s, the suspension was already sporty, and the H&Rs are the same...except for over speedbumps

Other than the dips/speedbump issues, smooth as stock!

I have pictures of before and after...email me tom@thpdesign.com to get pictures! payce out off to skkoo i go
Old 04-19-2002, 11:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

FLAcuraTLS,
If your worried about ride quality/noise/etc, stick with your 50 series tires. I dropped to 45 series and the increase in road noise and harsh ride was significant.

I will probably go back to 50's for the next set of tires.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Racer

Hey bricot, thanks for the advice..No one has ever pointed that out to me..I think you just made me change my mind about changing tires, because I don't want any more road noise than I have now.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:36 PM
USMC Butterbars

I just got my springs in the mail today! Cant wait to get them installed, i just gotta find a body shop that'll install them for cheap. What's the price range on installation? ??
Old 04-19-2002, 02:37 PM
Instructor

FlaAcuraTLS -- Im in Plantation and I would like to know where you had your aftermarket work done. Also, did you purchase the H&R Sports from this website or elsewhere.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

The average price for installing springs is $150. If you know how to do it you can just rent some spring compressors from pep boys or any auropart store.
Old 04-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Racer

Hey lauderdale, I live in West Palm Beach, but right now I am in school at UF in gainesville...I bought my springs and had them installed here in gainesville..Since you live down in ft. lauderdale, there are tons of good shops down there that do suspension work..Personally i only know of wicked kustoms which is down by you and they do awesome work..Also if you want to make the drive up to West Palm you can take your car to japtrix, they also do good work, but honestly driving up to WPB is unnecessary because there are plenty of places down in ft lauderdale or miami..Just look around and you'll get a feeling as to what places are reputable and what places are a joke.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:28 AM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Gang,

I just received my H&R Springs today, I'm looking for a machanic to install them. I really like all the write ups posted on this thread. What I don't understand is that none of you listed the drop you got or were supposed to get - hmmm. By-the-way, mine are the 1.75 (f) and 1.50 (r). It's little tid bits like that, that really complete the story. I'll let you know how mine are when there in. And I'll let you know again the assumed drop distance.

Thanks,