Just drove the new G35 and I think . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 04:21 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool Just drove the new G35 and I think . . .

I'll keep my TLS

Test drove the new G35 yesterday and while the acceleration was strong and smooth, it did not feel as good as the TLS's.

Other impressions were:

Nice body lines for the most part. Backend looks a little like a Dodge Stratus. The frontend looks nice and I like the lights.

The inside was okay. Seemed a bit spartan to me. I really didn't care for the was they designed the instrument cluster. The font seats felt good with more support in the bottom part of the seat, but not on the upper part. I did not like the shifter as much and the classic Infinity clock looked out of place in this car.

As for the rear seats, they we nice and had a neat reclining feature, but a bit cheap in how it was done. The rear leg room was much tighter than the TLS.

The trunk was noticably smaller and accessability was poor compared to the TLS. Not for people wanting to put anything of size back there. Some small luggage or a set of golf clubs.

The one I tested had the premium package which included several features that are standard on the TLS. A 200wt Bose system verses a 120wt is part of that package and I didn't get a chance to crank it up. However, it didn't sound like it was worth it . . . still a Bose.

I did notice that this car will be challenging for taller drivers, 6' and up. And the car was quiter riding than the TLS.

As for the drive itself, well I did run it through the gears in SS mode upto 90MPH and made some sharp turns and such.

Braking did feel a bit better than the TLS. Could have been due to the lighter weight and better weight distribution.

Cornering was also better, especially the turning radius.

Fit and finish looked a bit above the TLS and it was really noticable when closing the doors. It has that European feel to it when closing the door.

And as I noted in the beginning, accelleration was strong and smooth, but did not feel as fast as the TLS. The TLS certainly sounds faster because of the agressive engine sound, especially when VTEC kicks in. There was one feature I liked and that was the way the intake breather was done. The breather takes in air directly from the front grill. No radiator to pull air through or sucking up hot engine compartment air.

Overall I would say it was a Nissan trying to be an Audi or BMW. It had a little of each cars characteristics, but really didn't match up on those counts.
And for the price you shouldn't expect it too. About $3 more than the TLS and $6-7K verses a BMW or Audi.

Until the test drive I was seriously toying around with making a switch, but the G35 fell short in too many areas for what I want. I'm sure that there are some that will like it and I hope they enjoy it, but I'm sticking with my TLS.

RUF
Old 03-28-2002, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice write up!
I plan to take it for a spin this weekend
Old 03-28-2002, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

drove the G35 myself... handling is better especially cornering, but the engine is not as responsive as the TLS. Interior, I prefer the sporty looking trim in the TLS.

and yet another vehicle with a boring automatic tranny [yawn]
Old 03-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Banned

and yet another vehicle with a boring automatic tranny
6 Speed manual will be availible for the G35 this fall.

Oh yeah the G35 coupe will debut at the NY auto show tommorrow.

280 HORSEPOWER

Old 03-28-2002, 06:03 PM
Pro

Oh man, that is such a sweet looking ride! :wow:
Old 03-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by axleback
Oh man, that is such a sweet looking ride! :wow:
yes, the G35 coupe looks awesome but look at this abomination..the Infiniti M45, looks like it was designed in the soviet union by Yugo :yack:

Old 03-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by thejavagod

yes, the G35 coupe looks awesome but look at this abomination..the Infiniti M45, looks like it was designed in the soviet union by Yugo :yack:

LOL

It even looks like the yack smiley before it spews.

RUF
Old 03-28-2002, 07:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

I think that picture og M45 is a bit distorted. It looks a bit better if you stretch it horizontally.

BTW, Yugo was not made in the Soviet Union. It was made in Yugoslavia (as its name suggests). Yugoslavia was never a part of Soviet Union.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Instructor

I think I will be buying the coupe this fall. I hate the 4 door but love the coupe. I hate the new Z but I think they got the styling right. I'm 28 and the TL types S is a bit to tame. Plus, my TL is RATTLING apart. I bring the sunroof in every 4 weeks.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Advanced

ruski, i take it you are from russia?
Old 03-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Ruski
BTW, Yugo was not made in the Soviet Union. It was made in Yugoslavia (as its name suggests). Yugoslavia was never a part of Soviet Union.
you're right, I meant Volga....

well Yugo, Volga, Lada....same thing...they all suck
Old 03-29-2002, 10:59 AM
Racer

Originally posted by thejavagod

..the Infiniti M45, looks like it was designed in the soviet union by Yugo
Oh my gosh, that can't be for real. Is that photoshopped or something? It looks like a beefed up Hyundai on steroids gone bad :yack:
Old 03-29-2002, 11:40 AM
Banned

BAck to the subject of this Thread

Lets get back to the G35

I realize that many people here don't like to talk about the G35 but love to talk about anything negative about infiniti.

Why does a m45 come up in a thread titled "just drove the new G35.."

Heres another pic.

Can we say SWEET:wow:
Old 03-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Banned

2003 infiniti G35coupe

2003 acura cls

Which one will you choose?
Old 03-29-2002, 06:38 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 coupe vs CLS, huh lets see G35 coupe no doubt.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by TypeSAcura
Which one will you choose?
oh god... this is such a tough decision
Old 03-30-2002, 05:56 AM
Intermediate

G35

I drove the G35 a couple weeks back when it showed up at the local Infiniti dealer. I posted a small review, but it was moved due to being off topic. In a nutshell the car seems to be made well, but my over all feeling is the same. Nissan seems to be in this phase where they pay more attention to the exterior, than the interior. The materials are way too cheap inside for what you pay for. Take a look at the Altima… perfect example. I would be afraid to jump on board the Infiniti bandwagon at this time. I really don’t think they are moving in the right direction. The Q45 sales are very sluggish, I really don’t think the G35 will move over BMW buyers, and I think the M45 will be an albatross, just like the J30 was. Will the Z car save them; I’m not too sure. A real sports car for under 30k? From Nissan? What are the odds?

Acura has a nice balance. As I stated in my last review, I will be keeping my TL-S

Now the M45 blows my theory out of the water. That car is just plain hideous.

Myers
Old 04-01-2002, 06:52 AM
Instructor

i really don't like the g35,i thinks its to small....but i like the Q45 & THE I35...,BUT I'M FAITHFUL TO ACURA/HONDA
Old 04-01-2002, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bluedragon
i really don't like the g35,i thinks its to small....but i like the Q45 & THE I35...,BUT I'M FAITHFUL TO ACURA/HONDA
The G35's exterior is mere inched smaller than the G35, but the interior of the G35 has more head, shoulder and leg room than the tls.

You don't like the G35 because you are a hater period, don't make up crap to make yourself feel better.

The G35 is better than the tls in every single category imaginable, any way you look at it. Just face the facts guys, don't try to slam the G35 because you will be shut down.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Nice write up, Ruf. Where have you been?
Old 04-01-2002, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 90 Posts
The G35 is better than the tls in every single category imaginable, any way you look at it. Just face the facts guys, don't try to slam the G35 because you will be shut down.
I don't know anything about the G35's performance, and to be honest that's not my number one concern when looking at new cars. Your post is inherently false, however, because in one subjective category (looks), I think the TL is a clear winner. In another subjective category (brand name), I think Acura wins in a heartbeat. I'm not saying everyone will agree with me, but as a buddy of mine used to say (with tongue firmly in cheek), "Blanket statements are ALWAYS wrong!"
Old 04-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Iceman

I don't know anything about the G35's performance, and to be honest that's not my number one concern when looking at new cars. Your post is inherently false, however, because in one subjective category (looks), I think the TL is a clear winner. In another subjective category (brand name), I think Acura wins in a heartbeat. I'm not saying everyone will agree with me, but as a buddy of mine used to say (with tongue firmly in cheek), "Blanket statements are ALWAYS wrong!"
Its been over a month now and the only thing we can think of that is better than the G35 is looks and brand name as you already said are purely subjective opinion.

The Infiniti boys can name dozens of hard core FACTs on why the G35 is better.

FActs beat subjective opinion any day
Old 04-01-2002, 10:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Its been over a month now and the only thing we can think of that is better than the G35 is looks and brand name as you already said are purely subjective opinion.

In many cases, "better" is an opinion. What FACTS do you speak of, by the way?
Old 04-01-2002, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally posted by RAdams
In many cases, "better" is an opinion. What FACTS do you speak of, by the way?
This was posted here before

Okay tedc,

Now that you have named 1 FACT on why you think that the tls is better than the G35 being that the acura tls will probly sell more than the G35

I will name some FACTS on why the G35 will be better than the tls
So get your pace maker just incase you have a heart attack

1)The G35 has more power, with a 3.5 liter Dual Over Head Cam engine producing 260hp/260 Torque. Compared to the tls 3.2 liter Single over head cam engine producing 260 hp/232 torque.

2)The G35 has an Innovative, yes innovative FRONT-MIDSHIP engine displacement. Which means the engine is placed behind the front axels of the car instead of on top of the front axels.
This allows the engine of G35 to sit closer to the center of the vehicle, providing near perfect weight distribtution.
The tls on the other hand has a weight distribution of nearly 69% of the weigh in the front and 31% in the back.
Simple physics here, which car do you think will handle better.

3)The G35 has rear wheel drive, and we all know any real performance car has rear wheel drive. Nuff said.

4)The G35 is a little smaller externally than the tls, but yet generates more head, shoulder, and leg room internally. Can we say the G35 makes more use of space.

5)The G35 has a .26 coeficient of drag and zero lift. The only other sedan that comes close to this is the LS430, but that car cost over 50k. what is the coeficient of drag on the tls. I don't know because acura will not use the CoD as a statistic to sell.

6)With all that is packed into the G35, guess what it is still 200 pounds ligher than the tls.

The G35 is superior to the tls in virtually every single performance caterogy. So i will stop listing them since i am sure you get the point by now.

So you can take you 1 subjective fact about resale value and shove it.

All this from a car that msrps at 27k. Yes fully loaded it will run aprox. 2k more than the tls fully loaded.

Oh yeah and i don't think that the G35 is ugly do you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also going to attach an earlier post found here that i found to be a good read:

First of all, I would like to say that I have worked with Acura and now I work for Infiniti!
I am a fanatic about performance and of course quality too. The TL-S is a great car for the money. But quality is not the same compared to the G35! The TL is manufactured in Ohio Marysville meanwhile the G35 is built in Japan! You will notice ONLY the higher end Acuras are built in Japan such as the NSX and RL! I have driven both and find that the level of quality not to be equal. There is ALOT more wind noise on the TL vs the G35! I've seen lots of defects and poor workmanship on the TL-S(paint, hoods/trunks not aligned, cheap leather, buttons, even ride height on some). As for performance.......real performance cars ARE rear wheel drive!!! Torque is more on the G35 as horspower is the same. Suspension parts are nowhere equal! As the TL-S uses cheap stamped steel and rods for parts......the G35 uses lightweight forged aluminum arms just like the NSX! TL uses a throttle cable as the G uses fly by wire like the Q45! Traction control is another factor where the G35 uses ABS, fuel cutoff, gears, AND throttle position to control wheel spin..........the TL only uses the ABS! These are just a few comparisons that show a upperhand of the G35, but I am sure there will be more! Oh BTW.........In japan the G35 is refered as the LEGENDARY "Skyline" built off a sports car chassis! The TL Chassis is no more than a regular family sedan! I can understand those who already have TL's or can only afford the TL and don't like G35 (what is a few more thousand for a car this calibre?). If I had a domestic built car like the TL, I would feel the same. But bashing the G35's performance? I am trying hard to understand HOW the TL-s can out perform the G! Are we TL-s owners just lying to ourselves? C'mon guys get real!
Old 04-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Banned

Every car forums you go to there are some one trading their lexus, acura, bimmer and benz for a infiniti or nissan.

Isn't Tim owner of this site.getting a Nissan 350Z.

Shiz, the owner of is300.net is trading his lexus for a G35. He is even closing his site. Haaahaa wassup now lexus fanboys.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic...347&forum=1&35

I will be trading my tls for the G35coupe.

Seriously though, how many of you tls owners will be at the infiniti dealer this year.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Advanced

Old 04-01-2002, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by maxrpm
That bodykit is ricey IMO.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

1. More power, yup. However, the mantra of the Nissan/Infiniti camp seems to be "power to weight ratio" ruling all. Same horsepower, more torque in a lighter car. Now, given that I've seen a LOT of magazine time posting as of late, what would explain the G35 being slower in the quarter mile than the TL-S (per C&D)? Oh, I forgot the TL-S had headers. Maybe there was a V-AFC hidden in the sunglass holder as well.

2. Innovative engine placement? There are plenty of cars with engines aft of the front axle... the S2000 is one. Yes, it does aid handling due to much better front/rear weight distribution, but there's nothing really innovative about the placement.

3. RWD.. true. It's a lot more fun. Though I don't live in an area where it snows, I can imagine that RWD would be as big a detriment to someone in the snow belt as it would be a plus to me.

4. The G35 might very well make better use of space. At 6'7" I can use every little extra I can get, but the TL is plenty comfy for me. I can't imagine the extra space afforded in the G35 being enough to compel me to trade.

5. Though I don't know the cD of the TL, I'm sure it's higher than the G35. A lower cD often contributes to better fuel encomony and less wind noise. However, I recall the TL-S being given the distinction of having the quietest cabin of any car tested last year (forget the magazine offhand). Also, if I am correct, isn't the TL-S rated as having better fuel economy? As far as Acura not using that as a "statistic to sell" -- so what? I think it speaks volumes for the car that they don't publish these figures yet they sell like hotcakes.

6. Lighter is often better. Less mess to move straight ahead, in corners and less mass to stop. The TL is beaten here on paper. But what does this mean in the real world? More testing will tell.

Honestly, I am a big Honda/Acura fan, but I am well aware that there are better cars out there. The G35 may well be one of them. I do find it amusing, though, that the car's been out for such a short time and you're so convined that it's "superior in virtually every single performance category". I'm not saying the G35 is a piece, I'm just saying it's a LITTLE early to begin making claims like that.

Also, very cute reply on the resale issue. Historically Honda/Acura has murdered Nissan/Infiniti in this area and the gentleman who wrote the original reply trivialized this because he knew the deck was stacked against him.

Let's not forget that this "regular family sedan chassis", in Accord LX V6 guise, just happened to beat several newer models (including an Altima 3.5SE) in a comparison test in December's issue of C&D. (or are we not allowed to quote them anymore since they tested a G35 and it turned out to be SLOWER in the 1/4 than the TL-S??)

Lastly, I'm curious about your technical information on the G35's traction control. It uses "ABS, fuel cutoff, gears, AND throttle position to control wheel spin" where the TL only uses ABS. Hmmm.. the base TL does only use brakes. The VSA system on the TL-S uses ABS, as well as throttle position/fuel cutoff (since they're functionally the same thing you need not list them seperately to make the G35's advantage seem greater). What are these "gears" that you speak of? And, since I don't know, does the G35's traction control also include some sort of lateral stability assistance as does VSA?

Ghosn sure has created a loyal following
Old 04-01-2002, 01:27 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats with that M45, that thing is hideous it looks like the previous Q45 with a few "ugly" styling enhancements.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Talking As a G35 owner...

I still think TL-S is great value (cost $2k less than comparible G35). Have higher resale value at this point. (previous gen TL didn't do too well in resale value which was when Acura was on dumps like Infiniti is at this point so things could change... resale value really depends on the car than the brand from what I've seen)
A lot of comparos I've seen in this thread is nice and detailed in some aspect. And I'd like to add few more things in here to widen up the perspective.

1) Who is faster?
- Frankly, I've been debating about this for long time. G35 has shorter gearing than TL-S (hence the less highway milage). Lighter weight, and more torque. However, the TL-S does have wide range of RPM that the torque peaks is realized. Haven't got information on this for G35 yet. (Someone willing to pay for my dyno can contact me) It will remain questionable until Magazines start doing comparo runs instead of this separate runs on different issues.
2) Which one handles better?
- No need to elaborate. The lack of torque steer and balanced handling always makes me forget what speed I am turning in/out at (ended up scratching bottom portion getting off freeway couple days ago...not thinking about small speed dip)
3) Quality of interior
- Unless you are comparing to Audi, Mercedez, or higher end Lexus, it is subjetive IMO. For me, G35 is better than TL-S. But then, I've heard different perspective from different people. It really is up to the person's taste.
4) Exterior design
- I've gotten way to much complement at this point (3 weeks of owning it and some 20-30 people complementing it) to make me forget about the "unconvetional" rear end of my car. TL-S does have the nice clean shape I do like... however, it is dated design with lack of enthusiasm. This really is subjective matter. (You go with more passion and the rear or less passion and clean, tough choices)
5) Interior dimension
- Either cars are fine for drivers & front passenger. One test I do when I get a new car is I adjust driver seat the way I like and sit behind it. (I am 6' tall) TL-S rear will be cramped for my leg, not the G35. (IS300 was a joke for me btw) Anyone who has rear facing baby seat will notice the difference right away as well.
6) Ride quality
- G35 without sport rides a little smoother than TL-S. G35 with sports suspension do ride a little harsher than TL-S.
7) Road Noises, etc.
- G35 manages to introduce a little more road noise than TL-S (tire noise basically). TL-S introduces a little more wind noise.

This is what I've found so far. TL-S is not a bad car at all especially with the $2k in price. But if you are one of those who keeping thinking about BMWs, it is a great alternative if you have extra $2k.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 90 Posts

Wrong again, unfortunately. And why are you trying so hard to convince everyone here about the G35? First off, it's kind of a lost cause because most people here already bought a TL-S (including you, I believe). Second, your overly aggressive approach is just going to turn people off. If the facts are stacked so strongly in Infiniti's favor, then please just let the facts speak for themselves...
Old 04-01-2002, 02:49 PM

G35 is priced against TLS but is 3/IS/a4 competition. RWD people, RWD......
Old 04-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Enough people will cross-shop the TL-S & G35 (and others, I'm sure) so the market, at least, makes them competitors.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:20 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"It was too high...the trajectory of the ball was...."

"who gives a $h!t, its gone"
Old 04-01-2002, 03:41 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW, the IS300net guy trading in his IS3 for a G35 was an April Fool's day joke! Nice try though!

I do think the G35 Coupe is an awesome looking car. I also am in the minority who think the Maxima looks pretty good (it eventually grew on me). All in all I know there are cars out there faster, more luxurious, better handling, and just all around better than my TLS, but I still love my car! I'm not gonna be naive and say my car is the best thing out there but I bought it and for the time I own and it runs well I will enjoy it. If people have the money to change cars every few months than do it, all the power to you! For now I will look and occasionally admire other cars (G35 included) from the comfort of my TLS.

the G35 coupe looks great and might be a great car, doesn't the TLS is crap...just a different car. Not a big fan of the g35 sedan but it too might grow on me.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ferizzo
BTW, the IS300net guy trading in his IS3 for a G35 was an April Fool's day joke! Nice try though!

I do think the G35 Coupe is an awesome looking car. I also am in the minority who think the Maxima looks pretty good (it eventually grew on me). All in all I know there are cars out there faster, more luxurious, better handling, and just all around better than my TLS, but I still love my car! I'm not gonna be naive and say my car is the best thing out there but I bought it and for the time I own and it runs well I will enjoy it. If people have the money to change cars every few months than do it, all the power to you! For now I will look and occasionally admire other cars (G35 included) from the comfort of my TLS.

the G35 coupe looks great and might be a great car, doesn't the TLS is crap...just a different car. Not a big fan of the g35 sedan but it too might grow on me.
Nice post. It takes a man to admit that their car isn't the greatest.

But seriously though, I like my tls and had no problems with it yet like some of you with the trannies. One of the best cars you gonna get for 30k. I think that the tls is ths shiz. But their are better cars out there, including the G35

I just have a gripe about so many of you tls owners who knock on the G35 even before it came out. Ugly this, fugly that. Guess what, you gotta except the facts. The G35 will outperform the tls, case closed. Don't argue about something you are not going to win. It makes us look like babies. Sh!t, the G35 owners at the infiniti forums crack jokes on our jealously, religiously.

Just give props were props are due, and hopefully we will get the same respect.

Peace
Old 04-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was told at the auto show that it is the prototype/cocept whatever you want to call it. what I mean is they will probably have different rims or those small great details that make you think the car is worth it like how our TL had fogs on the TL-X.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Two of the most mature comments I've seen in a long time on any board not just Acura or Nissan boards.

Personally I like both the Maxima and TL-S they are so similar, looks are in the eye of the be holder and hold a different weight for different people.

My deciding factor was the 6spd, if they both had a 6spd it would have been a lot harder, although I might have gone woith the TL for the IRS, but then again if the Max had one...I could go on and on, but the fact is I am happy with my Maxima and can still appreciate the TL just as much.

Nice post. It takes a man to admit that their car isn't the greatest.

But seriously though, I like my tls and had no problems with it yet like some of you with the trannies. One of the best cars you gonna get for 30k. I think that the tls is ths shiz. But their are better cars out there, including the G35

I just have a gripe about so many of you tls owners who knock on the G35 even before it came out. Ugly this, fugly that. Guess what, you gotta except the facts. The G35 will outperform the tls, case closed. Don't argue about something you are not going to win. It makes us look like babies. Sh!t, the G35 owners at the infiniti forums crack jokes on our jealously, religiously.

Just give props were props are due, and hopefully we will get the same respect.

Peace
Old 04-01-2002, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

yeah... Right.

This was posted here before

Okay tedc,

Now that you have named 1 FACT on why you think that the tls is better than the G35 being that the acura tls will probly sell more than the G35

I will name some FACTS on why the G35 will be better than the tls
So get your pace maker just incase you have a heart attack

1)The G35 has more power, with a 3.5 liter Dual Over Head Cam engine producing 260hp/260 Torque. Compared to the tls 3.2 liter Single over head cam engine producing 260 hp/232 torque.

2)The G35 has an Innovative, yes innovative FRONT-MIDSHIP engine displacement. Which means the engine is placed behind the front axels of the car instead of on top of the front axels.
This allows the engine of G35 to sit closer to the center of the vehicle, providing near perfect weight distribtution.
The tls on the other hand has a weight distribution of nearly 69% of the weigh in the front and 31% in the back.
Simple physics here, which car do you think will handle better.

3)The G35 has rear wheel drive, and we all know any real performance car has rear wheel drive. Nuff said.

4)The G35 is a little smaller externally than the tls, but yet generates more head, shoulder, and leg room internally. Can we say the G35 makes more use of space.

5)The G35 has a .26 coeficient of drag and zero lift. The only other sedan that comes close to this is the LS430, but that car cost over 50k. what is the coeficient of drag on the tls. I don't know because acura will not use the CoD as a statistic to sell.

6)With all that is packed into the G35, guess what it is still 200 pounds ligher than the tls.

The G35 is superior to the tls in virtually every single performance caterogy. So i will stop listing them since i am sure you get the point by now.

So you can take you 1 subjective fact about resale value and shove it.

All this from a car that msrps at 27k. Yes fully loaded it will run aprox. 2k more than the tls fully loaded.

Oh yeah and i don't think that the G35 is ugly do you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also going to attach an earlier post found here that i found to be a good read:

First of all, I would like to say that I have worked with Acura and now I work for Infiniti!
I am a fanatic about performance and of course quality too. The TL-S is a great car for the money. But quality is not the same compared to the G35! The TL is manufactured in Ohio Marysville meanwhile the G35 is built in Japan! You will notice ONLY the higher end Acuras are built in Japan such as the NSX and RL! I have driven both and find that the level of quality not to be equal. There is ALOT more wind noise on the TL vs the G35! I've seen lots of defects and poor workmanship on the TL-S(paint, hoods/trunks not aligned, cheap leather, buttons, even ride height on some). As for performance.......real performance cars ARE rear wheel drive!!! Torque is more on the G35 as horspower is the same. Suspension parts are nowhere equal! As the TL-S uses cheap stamped steel and rods for parts......the G35 uses lightweight forged aluminum arms just like the NSX! TL uses a throttle cable as the G uses fly by wire like the Q45! Traction control is another factor where the G35 uses ABS, fuel cutoff, gears, AND throttle position to control wheel spin..........the TL only uses the ABS! These are just a few comparisons that show a upperhand of the G35, but I am sure there will be more! Oh BTW.........In japan the G35 is refered as the LEGENDARY "Skyline" built off a sports car chassis! The TL Chassis is no more than a regular family sedan! I can understand those who already have TL's or can only afford the TL and don't like G35 (what is a few more thousand for a car this calibre?). If I had a domestic built car like the TL, I would feel the same. But bashing the G35's performance? I am trying hard to understand HOW the TL-s can out perform the G! Are we TL-s owners just lying to ourselves? C'mon guys get real!

and the Q45 was suppose to blow the doors off its LS430 competition. Gee, why does the 340HP Infiniti run slower than the 290HP Lexus... maybe numbers aren’t everything.
I drove the G35 to possibly purchase as our 2nd car. If you think the G is nicer, buy it. I'll stay with Acura.

The TL has way more class. The Infiniti comes off feeling cheap. The interior is horrible. I could care less how well it drives, when I can’t stand the inside.

Myers
Old 04-01-2002, 11:40 PM
DHB
Instructor

I just priced a fully loaded 2003 G35 w/navi against a fully loaded 2003 TLS w/navi and came up with about $3000.00 more for the G35. I think the G35 appears to have some very admirable capabilities for the money and will be a very strong BMW wanna-be.

To me the TLS has never been the absolute best out there but it always seemed to be the best combination of all of the features I wanted. The G35 may very well surpass the TLS in the most near luxury/performance bang for the buck category but we really won't know for sure until some actual tests are published. Also keep in mind this is the 1st year of a newly introduced model so it may have a few 1st year issues to work out. I have no doubt that it will be a great car and I look forward to seeing Acura's answer to it in 04 or 05.

Quick Reply: Just drove the new G35 and I think . . .