jus cleared ma lights. couple of ???s.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 07:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jus cleared ma lights. couple of ???s.

i jus cleared ma headlights today... woohoo. took me about 5 hrs with breaks give or take. hardest part was opening the headlights up, had to heat it up like 2-3 jus for the sealant to loosen up. man, halfway thru the first light i was thinkin to myself, wtf am i doin, about to f*ck up everything. i was about to give up. but finally after everyting was done and put back together, i LUV the results. it looks so freakin smooth and clean. but i dun think i sealed it very well. there are some parts where the 2sides dont completely touch together, jus about of goo in between. i used some GE Roofing Silicone Sealant. after it dried it felt like rubber cement, u think this will hold?? doesnt seem as sticky as the original sealant. also, i used a MAX chrome 1157 bulb for the turn signal. its chrome and looks perfect when off, but flashes an actual blue color when lit. and i also used a Polarg M4 wedge bulb for the lower parking light. its a perfect hyper white color. and i have stock fogs, so basically i have 4 different colored lights on the front. looks kinda whack when all are on. any suggestions for better lookin turn signal bulbs, have tried the Polarg M12s, but it looks greenish-brown dull when on, and blinks way too bright at night when using turn signals. gawd i hope its sealed tight, i dun wanna have to go thru the whole process of resealing again. anyone have to reseal again???