View Poll Results: Are you interested in possibly purchasing the ThermoBlock Spacer?
Yes
91.67%
No
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Interest in ThermoBlock Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
im interested in the group buy...but my package would need to b quite different...kuz i have an 01 tlp with a 02 tls tb...n does anybody know if aftermarket headers will work with these...the all headers n the gaskets retain the same shape rite?...
Old 03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by z3Ro
im interested in the group buy...but my package would need to b quite different...kuz i have an 01 tlp with a 02 tls tb...n does anybody know if aftermarket headers will work with these...the all headers n the gaskets retain the same shape rite?...
These spacers have nothing to do with the headers.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:06 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

so how the hell do these spacers make the air cool?? wat is it made out of? and how the hell does it make it cold? is it like ice that doesnt melt? wtf? lol
Old 03-02-2005, 08:26 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Originally Posted by BLaCk Acc
so how the hell do these spacers make the air cool?? wat is it made out of? and how the hell does it make it cold? is it like ice that doesnt melt? wtf? lol

The manifold is attached to the block, the block is the part of the car that heats up (basically), these spacers go between the block and the manifold preventing the heat from block getting to the manifold. Considering the manifold heats up because it is metal and is bolted to the metal engine, this spacer stops the heat from passing to the manifold.

The air from the car has to go through the manifold to get into the car, if the air is heated, due to a hot manifold, it expands. hotter air = less oxygen

kinda verbial diarrhea but I think you'll be able to under stand it.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
The manifold is attached to the block, the block is the part of the car that heats up (basically), these spacers go between the block and the manifold preventing the heat from block getting to the manifold. Considering the manifold heats up because it is metal and is bolted to the metal engine, this spacer stops the heat from passing to the manifold.

The air from the car has to go through the manifold to get into the car, if the air is heated, due to a hot manifold, it expands. hotter air = less oxygen

I understand it, thanks a lot for explaining it,,
Old 03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom

good explanation man props
Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
yup RF had the perfect explination - keeps your intake air as cool as possible (w/o NOS, turbo or an intercooler obviously). They are a very good idea and seem to work from reading on the CL site, they actually keep the intake manafold quite a bit cooler.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:48 PM
Resident Troll.

So my spacers showed up today and well i decided to get them installed as well. It took about 2.5 hours to get done. A little longer then it probably should have but we stopped a couple times for a smoke and were chatting away. Anyways its all done and I must say this is a great mod. The intake manifold is ALOT cooler and there is a definate increase in performance. For anyone who is thinking of whether or not to get this mod.. I highly recomend that you get it on asap. It definately livens up the car!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:55 AM

How Much were/are they?

Gaugung interest, How many people would be interested in picking up thermo-block spacers for your tl in the next two months?

1. ResidualFreedom... if the cost is decent, but it's a 99% yes.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:09 AM

How Much were/are they? cost on the site is $99USD plus $6 shipping, how much was the shipping up here ndawood? Was is shipped UPS? I hate UPS and will no longer accept packages from them... they charge $40+ more then any other company for border fees!! literally, 40 bucks more than fedex, priority, USPS, etc... UPS stands alone on this one...for some reason..

Gaugung interest, How many people would be interested in picking up thermo-block spacers for your tl in the next two months?

1. ResidualFreedom... if the cost is decent, but it's a 99% yes.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

I'm getting them if they setup a groupbuy for a decent discount, otherwise I'll just pay full price on the website.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm closing this until I speak to the admins about this ...