Inside the enemy fortress!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Inside the enemy fortress!

D@mn Maximas!

Just for fun, my brother(2001 Maxima SE) and I traded cars for 2 days; ever since he got his Maxima he's been wanting to race me: from a dead stop, rolling start, etc. Well, to sum it up these d@mn Maximas pull like a M***F***er in 2nd and 3rd (he has a 5 speed) but from 1st gear you really have to keep the revs up to 3-4k to get a good launch.
Basically, I ragged his car out to see what makes these Maximas tick--and are very quick.

They are very responsive for a 5 speed but I like the SS in my TL-S better.

As much as I am biased towards my TL-S, I really think a 5 spd Max will run head to head with the TLS, if not more. I know I'm going to beat my brother in the race b/c this is is his first 5 speed car--he hasn't driven 5 speeds long enough to know the tricks. But be wary of racing Maximas driven by experienced drivers.

The race hasn't occured yet but when he handed me my car back all he said was "Man that car's fast...!"

He doesn't know what he's missing.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Inside the enemy fortress!

Hah!! I don't think so....unless your brother is some professional test driver.....trust me....just make sure you leave the VSA off when you launch....
Originally posted by LegendCpeGS
D@mn Maximas!

Just for fun, my brother(2001 Maxima SE) and I traded cars for 2 days; ever since he got his Maxima he's been wanting to race me: from a dead stop, rolling start, etc. Well, to sum it up these d@mn Maximas pull like a M***F***er in 2nd and 3rd (he has a 5 speed) but from 1st gear you really have to keep the revs up to 3-4k to get a good launch.
Basically, I ragged his car out to see what makes these Maximas tick--and are very quick.

They are very responsive for a 5 speed but I like the SS in my TL-S better.

As much as I am biased towards my TL-S, I really think a 5 spd Max will run head to head with the TLS, if not more. I know I'm going to beat my brother in the race b/c this is is his first 5 speed car--he hasn't driven 5 speeds long enough to know the tricks. But be wary of racing Maximas driven by experienced drivers.

The race hasn't occured yet but when he handed me my car back all he said was "Man that car's fast...!"

He doesn't know what he's missing.